475507 Topics
6237896 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6359261 - 07/05/16 06:51 PM Puddin's Dove
nak Offline
Tracker

Loc: DFW
I am glad that George is on the way to recovery.

I hate to seem impatient and disrespectful of George's serious surgery, but my employer requires I schedule vacation quite a bit in advance, so I am hoping someone here can answer some quick questions, or point me to someone that can, while George is on the mend.

I've been on one of the Puddin fields a few of years ago, but not in the last couple of years and never this field. A group of us are paid up for the Gorman Graham field for this year, but have not received any information. Dove hunting is still a ways away, but I have to get vacation request in within a day or two, or risk getting booked for out of town travel that week.

I'm looking for the following info:
1] Are you allowed to scout the field the day before season opens?
2] Since the season starts on Thursday, I wanted to verify that hunting was actually allowed on Thursday and Friday? (The talk is always about opening "weekend", so its hard to tell if mid week opening are included.)
3] Is there a place at or near the Gorman field where we can park a trailer with a generator (AC is very important for that midday siesta cool2)

If we can camp starting the night before, I'd take three days off, so we could drag the trailer up and scout the bird patterns the evening before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Any info would be appreciated.

#6359365 - 07/05/16 08:15 PM Re: Puddin's Dove [Re: nak]
bobcat1 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Sanger, Texas
Udaman on here aka Dan Gleason can answer all your questions. I know George did not mind me driving out the weekend before a couple years ago and I know in Woodson field you can camp there. Trailers and generators are always there..... can't answer for Graham. Opening day is always opening day in Woodson and I bet it's the same in Graham. Ask Dan to be sure on any if it though.

#6359400 - 07/05/16 08:44 PM Re: Puddin's Dove [Re: nak]
udamdan Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Dallas & Young Counties
Thanks Bobby & Yes , Any questions call me 817-683-8652

#6359405 - 07/05/16 08:47 PM Re: Puddin's Dove [Re: nak]
udamdan Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Dallas & Young Counties
Originally Posted By: nak
I am glad that George is on the way to recovery.

I hate to seem impatient and disrespectful of George's serious surgery, but my employer requires I schedule vacation quite a bit in advance, so I am hoping someone here can answer some quick questions, or point me to someone that can, while George is on the mend.

I've been on one of the Puddin fields a few of years ago, but not in the last couple of years and never this field. A group of us are paid up for the Gorman Graham field for this year, but have not received any information. Dove hunting is still a ways away, but I have to get vacation request in within a day or two, or risk getting booked for out of town travel that week.

I'm looking for the following info:
1] Are you allowed to scout the field the day before season opens?
2] Since the season starts on Thursday, I wanted to verify that hunting was actually allowed on Thursday and Friday? (The talk is always about opening "weekend", so its hard to tell if mid week opening are included.)
3] Is there a place at or near the Gorman field where we can park a trailer with a generator (AC is very important for that midday siesta cool2)

If we can camp starting the night before, I'd take three days off, so we could drag the trailer up and scout the bird patterns the evening before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Any info would be appreciated.

Call me 817-683-8652

#6359437 - 07/05/16 09:15 PM Re: Puddin's Dove [Re: udamdan]
nak Offline
Tracker

Loc: DFW
Originally Posted By: udamdan
Thanks Bobby & Yes , Any questions call me 817-683-8652

I got Dan on the phone and it took him about 15 seconds to get me squared away.

We'll get the trailer up there the night before and be itching for daylight on Thrusday.

Thanks all.

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide