Outdoorsman
C
I own a bunch of it. All good stuff

Re: Kuiu hunting products [Re: ETexas Hunter] #6357988 07/04/16 09:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
I own a bunch also. A lot of depends when, where and how you hunt on what to get.

For Texas I'd say save your money unless you bow hunt, the tribron line and the light weight merino shirts work great though.

Price point wise I think some peices are replaceable with other brands. I love the attack pants but I've replaced all mine with the prana Zion stretch....1/3 the price and just as good, trade offs are no camo and it has built in belt over side vent zips. Puffy wise I like Columbia turbo down better(but no camo colors)

The stand out peices for the backcountry(I mainly only hunt sept) are alpine pants, 145 and 210 merino shirts, gators and rain wear(firstlite rain gear is on par with it though).

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Kuiu hunting products [Re: ETexas Hunter] #6358218 07/05/16 01:51 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Damn BOBO, you could work at JC Penny's with all that knowledge grin

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Kuiu hunting products [Re: Western] #6358222 07/05/16 01:56 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Western

Jcpenny is like kohls... Discounter with overstock or special cheaper runs. You won't find the good stuff there wink

High dollar or technical clothing won't make you a better hunter but comfort goes a long way on day 5 or 6.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Kuiu hunting products [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6358229 07/05/16 02:05 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Jcpenny is like kohls... Discounter with overstock or special cheaper runs. You won't find the good stuff there wink

High dollar or technical clothing won't make you a better hunter but comfort goes a long way on day 5 or 6.

Just say'n, you may be waste'n your talent grin If I didn't know better, I'd swear you knew someone in the clothing bidness peep

X'S 1000 on comfort, even if it is a T shirt..

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Kuiu hunting products [Re: ETexas Hunter] #6358230 07/05/16 02:05 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I own their mesh-back gimme cap, that's it. grin But it does work. 'Hard to find a gimme cap with a thought-out wicking headband that I won't sweat buckets down my face.

I guess I ordered it direct, or maybe 'cause I'm a member of DSC, but I get their catalog mailed to me a few times a year. Easily the most expensive advertising I've ever received from any company, ever. Their profit margin has to be off the charts to put out something like that.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Kuiu hunting products [Re: Creekrunner] #6358278 07/05/16 03:10 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
I own their mesh-back gimme cap, that's it. grin But it does work. 'Hard to find a gimme cap with a thought-out wicking headband that I won't sweat buckets down my face.

I guess I ordered it direct, or maybe 'cause I'm a member of DSC, but I get their catalog mailed to me a few times a year. Easily the most expensive advertising I've ever received from any company, ever. Their profit margin has to be off the charts to put out something like that.

I think it's most likely 40%-60% mark up. To give you an idea standard industry is 100%..... Even the special day sales smile

It will be interesting to see what happens when and if his Toray protection ends. It may never though... He went from 0 to 50 mill in under 8 years. Pretty impressive for a niche brand.

I'll give him credit he has opened up the market and you are seeing many brands invest into the backcountry segment. Great choices for consumers

Re: Kuiu hunting products [Re: Western] #6358280 07/05/16 03:15 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Just say'n, you may be waste'n your talent grin If I didn't know better, I'd swear you knew someone in the clothing bidness peep

X'S 1000 on comfort, even if it is a T shirt..

Oh it's a very rough subject at my house.... My kuiu habits are frowned on...

Re: Kuiu hunting products [Re: ETexas Hunter] #6358615 07/05/16 02:51 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
It's all gotten to be a little much for me to keep up with honestly. So many choices and so many "new and improved" pieces of gear coming out every year.

I used to be able to stay abreast, but no more.

That's one of the great benefits of hunting forums - you can see what guys like BOBO that do keep up with it say and follow their advice.

As BOBO pointed out, many pieces of clothing/gear often have an exact counterpart in a non-hunting/non-camo configuration - and you can save some serious $$ that way. Plus keeping up with Camofire and other discounts on last year's and/or discontinued items.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Kuiu hunting products [Re: ETexas Hunter] #6358839 07/05/16 05:52 PM
T
TxAg Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
I have a few of their pieces. Seem to be good quality stuff. Premium price, but you can catch sales. I like their Vias camo pattern for open country. So many camo patterns just show up as dark blobs from far off and do nothing to break up your outline.

-Guide Gloves: I've long been after gloves that have a good combo of warmth while preserving dexterity. I usually only wear a thin work glove on my right hand for that reason. But, these seem to be a good compromise so far.

-Guide Beanie: Just a no BS soft-shell beanie hat. Repels rain, keeps head warm.

-Teton soft-shell jacket: Basically just a camo soft-shell jacket. Good for those early-season hunts when you might get some light rain. Or, wear it as a shell layer later in the season.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide