Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: WatersFowler] #6374885 07/19/16 07:59 PM
T
TxDispatcher Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: WatersFowler
Not sure what the laws are on this one, but IF I decided to put a stand and / or feeder on the fence line i would be prepared to find bullet holes in both. I personally wouldn't shoot someone else's things, but a lot of guys would. They think it is "sending a message" kind of like beaming a guy in baseball. Proceed with caution.

I'm assuming that you're asking about the law as it may pertain to setting a stand/feeder on a fence line. I'm not 100% positive, but I don't believe it is illegal to do so. It IS however illegal to shoot across a property boundary, which is what you alluded to some folks doing. If they do that, they're 1,000 times more terrible of a person who sticks the stand on the property line. They're blatant lawbreakers

For the record, I don't now, nor have I ever, had a stand on a property boundary. Just making a statement cheers

Originally Posted by East...
Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit

You shouldnt have said that
Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: Shotgun Willie] #6374970 07/19/16 09:28 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
If he's HF it i wouldn't have a problem with putting the stand just inside the fence line and I would definitely take advantage of the work he did clearing the brush. As others have stated...I just would make sure I'm not shooting over his fence line.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: lms] #6375080 07/19/16 11:18 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
But they will travel the fence line. As long as it's high fenced and there's no stand behind you, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd even put in a couple of food plots in the new clearings
Originally Posted By: lms
I would put a stand up on the fence line because no deer will be crossing the fence so it should not matter.

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: don k] #6375083 07/19/16 11:21 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: don k
Why would you insist on having a blind on the fence line when you could have it inside your property a ways and not be bothered with what your neighbor has going on?

One reason is you would be able to shoot into your property, opposed to shooting towards a fence line and having the bullet cross. Don't think he's interested in what the neighbor is doing, but possibly opened up a whole new hunting opportunity.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: Shotgun Willie] #6375102 07/19/16 11:37 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
If someone built a stand next to my HF I would drive by it several times during the day.. Would you want that? It is my property and I can do what I want. It is his property and he can do what he wants. Who do you think it will affect most?

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: don k] #6375137 07/20/16 12:02 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I guess you can do what you want on your place, but harassment comes to mind
If someone built a stand next to my HF I would drive by it several times during the day.. Would you want that? It is my property and I can do what I want. It is his property and he can do what he wants. Who do you think it will affect most?

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: hoof n wings] #6375570 07/20/16 11:27 AM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
That is very hard to prove. I have lived here for over 50 years and who do you think will win. A land owner or someone who has a deer lease?

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: don k] #6375778 07/20/16 02:39 PM
B
Buccaneer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B

Seems kinda sad that you wouldn't have something better to do with your time and energy than intentionally "drive by it several times during the day" and harass them (you're still harassing them even if it can't be "proven") just to punish them for doing something that's perfectly legal and considered by most to be ethical as well.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: don k] #6375867 07/20/16 03:23 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
That is very hard to prove. I have lived here for over 50 years and who do you think will win. A land owner or someone who has a deer lease?

Why would you do that though? What harm is them putting up a blind on their side of the fence?

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: krmitchell] #6375925 07/20/16 03:52 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

Why would you do that though? What harm is them putting up a blind on their side of the fence?
Because I am a mean old s o b that is set in his ways.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: don k] #6376009 07/20/16 05:09 PM
J
JJH Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
hard to argue with that! banana

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: krmitchell] #6376022 07/20/16 05:19 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

Got to thinking about it and what I have come to realize is that if a person has to put a blind on a fence line it must be that he has lived in the city all his life and has to be close to his neighbor. I have seen this numerous times. A person buys a place in the country to get away from the city and instead of building their house in a secluded place they build it next to the fence where they can see the neighbor. If you lease a place to hunt it is alright to put your blind where you can't see your neighbor and he can't see you. Isn't that what hunting is about? To get out in the middle of nature?

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: Shotgun Willie] #6376062 07/20/16 05:54 PM
E
Erich Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
I see plenty of high fence places where they themselves put the blinds on the fenceline facing into the place. I dn't know what you couldn't do the same.

Outdoorsman
Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: don k] #6376103 07/20/16 06:26 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

It sounds like you're just an old jackass mouthing off on the Internet. I would like to think no one would act that way towards a neighbor. If you really acted that way you'd get to enjoy a fistfight the next time your neighbor saw you at the feed store. At least you would in the part of Texas I grew up in.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: don k] #6376107 07/20/16 06:31 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K

Got to thinking about it and what I have come to realize is that if a person has to put a blind on a fence line it must be that he has lived in the city all his life and has to be close to his neighbor. I have seen this numerous times. A person buys a place in the country to get away from the city and instead of building their house in a secluded place they build it next to the fence where they can see the neighbor. If you lease a place to hunt it is alright to put your blind where you can't see your neighbor and he can't see you. Isn't that what hunting is about? To get out in the middle of nature?

If I didn't ever want to see my neighbors or my neighbors blind I wouldn't drive my fenceline, ever. Where I hunt I can see a neighbors blind 1500 yrds away but it doesn't bother me. The only problem I have with blinds close to fencelines is if it is a LF place and they might be tempted to shoot an animal on the other side. If it is HF all they can do is look.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: scalebuster] #6376111 07/20/16 06:32 PM
JohnRussell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: scalebuster

It sounds like you're just an old jackass mouthing off on the Internet. I would like to think no one would act that way towards a neighbor. If you really acted that way you'd ago get to enjoy a fistfight the next time your neighbor saw you at the feed store. At least you would in the part of Texas I grew up in.

Wow....maybe we can agree that folks need to chill out a little? No need to start calling names here.

Hunting is easy..it's getting permission from your wife that is tough.
Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: scalebuster] #6376178 07/20/16 07:28 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

It sounds like you're just an old jackass mouthing off on the Internet. I would like to think no one would act that way towards a neighbor. If you really acted that way you'd get to enjoy a fistfight the next time your neighbor saw you at the feed store. At least you would in the part of Texas I grew up in.
I have been called worse by way better than you.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: Shotgun Willie] #6376194 07/20/16 07:40 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Those old fellas get lonely and cranky. Pay them no mind up

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: titan2232] #6376340 07/20/16 09:09 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: titan2232
Those old fellas get lonely and cranky. Pay them no mind up
Actually I am one of the best neighbors people could have. I get along very good with all of them. I either have keys or lock codes for most of them. I have their phone numbers to call if I see something that doesn't look right on their properties. Most do not live here and they have trusted me to take care of their properties as if it were my own. And no they do not have blinds on the fence lines and neither do I.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: Shotgun Willie] #6376349 07/20/16 09:17 PM
B
Baumwoll Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
so you are telling me that someone without permission or notice cleared someone else's land? and put up a high fence? sounds like a neighbor who doesn't want to know their neighbors.being a high fence I don't see a problem with a blind on a property fence line.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: Buccaneer] #6381420 07/25/16 02:56 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Originally Posted By: buccaneer

Seems kinda sad that you wouldn't have something better to do with your time and energy than intentionally "drive by it several times during the day" and harass them (you're still harassing them even if it can't be "proven") just to punish them for doing something that's perfectly legal and considered by most to be ethical as well.

I don't consider it ethical to have blinds right on the fence line. Having just purchased 196 acres we are discussing where and how many set ups to have. One thing we agree on is to keep off of the fence lines.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: scalebuster] #6381429 07/25/16 03:13 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

I would think you would have a little more self control than to call someone else names on the internet as well.
But the reality is most responsible land owners work to keep a mutually beneficial relationship with their neighbors. However lessors are often less concerned with what is right for the land owner. Too often hunters have the attitude that they pay their money so they should be able to do what they want. I have a small (20 acre) place in Missouri that I hunt. I have one stand. Pretty much in the middle of the place.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: passthru] #6381816 07/25/16 03:12 PM
B
Buccaneer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: passthru

Originally Posted By: buccaneer

I don't consider it ethical to have blinds right on the fence line. Having just purchased 196 acres we are discussing where and how many set ups to have. One thing we agree on is to keep off of the fence lines.

The specifics in this case are along a high-fence fenceline. I'd say that's different than low-fence, and that most would agree that it's not unethical to have a blind along a high-fence fenceline. Obviously some feel differently, but it still wouldn't justify someone intentionally harassing other law-abiding hunters because they disagree. That's just sorry.

Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: Shotgun Willie] #6381845 07/25/16 03:29 PM
Y
YellowDog Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Y
Sounds like lake of trust in your neighbor. The guy with the blind on the fence. Can only hunt legally the 180 degrees around his blind on his side of the fence. Now he might scare your deer walking up to his blind

Last edited by YellowDog; 07/25/16 03:34 PM.

Born to Hunt/Fish
Re: Blind on a high fence line [Re: Shotgun Willie] #6383336 07/26/16 05:35 PM
E
Erich Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
All a HF does is keep people honest. its a permanent demonstration that all I'm interested in is whats standing on my side of the fence. that's the way it should be HF or LF. past that with reasonable hunting practices in place I don't think it much matters if you're HF or LF or where you put your blinds. I would be inclined to not put mine next to the fence, but I don't see any moral or legal dilemma with it if the property line is HF.

on a LF property a blind on the fenceline means that I'm interested in looking at both sides and maybe more interested in whats on the neighbors property than I am in whats on mine.

Outdoorsman
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide