facebook
Forum Stats
60416 Members
45 Forums
475681 Topics
6240031 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6347152 - 06/25/16 09:18 AM Hawaii introduces federal gun database!
Spacemonkey Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: North Texas
Im sure it's only a matter of time before others follow suit!

https://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=htt...Q2d7sWHZG20xrxA

#6347219 - 06/25/16 10:43 AM Re: Hawaii introduces federal gun database! [Re: Spacemonkey]
Tbar Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Tyranny On The Rise.....

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Hawaii's governor signed a bill making it the first U.S. state to place its residents who own firearms in a federal criminal record database and monitor them for possible wrongdoing anywhere in the country, his office said.

The move by gun control proponents in the liberal state represents an effort to institute some limits on firearms in the face of a bitter national debate over guns that this week saw Democratic lawmakers stage a sit-in at the U.S. House of Representatives.

Hawaii Governor David Ige, a Democrat, on Thursday signed into law a bill to have police in the state enroll people into an FBI criminal monitoring service after they register their firearms as already required, his office said in a statement.

#6347317 - 06/25/16 12:34 PM Re: Hawaii introduces federal gun database! [Re: Spacemonkey]
Spacemonkey Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: North Texas
It's sad to hear that so many disillusioned politicians and citizens are making ignorant decisions on this. I just hope that come this November America will vote to take the country back!

It boggles my mind that they would put law abiding firearms owners in a criminal database.

Edited by Spacemonkey (06/25/16 12:36 PM)

#6349217 - 06/27/16 10:28 AM Re: Hawaii introduces federal gun database! [Re: Spacemonkey]
StretchR Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Hutto, TX (Williamson Co)
THIS--

Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey
It boggles my mind that they would put law abiding firearms owners in a criminal database.

That is implicitly stating that gun owners in Hawaii are already considered criminals. Beyond the potential Second Amendment issues, it is very likely a violation of the due process clause of the 14th Amendment. If it causes someone to lose a weapon erroneously then it is also potentially a violation of the Fourth Amendment clause relevant to illegal search and & seizure.

Where are we going?

#6350402 - 06/28/16 10:17 AM Re: Hawaii introduces federal gun database! [Re: StretchR]
rexmitchell Online   content
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: StretchR
THIS--

Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey

That is implicitly stating that gun owners in Hawaii are already considered criminals. Beyond the potential Second Amendment issues, it is very likely a violation of the due process clause of the 14th Amendment. If it causes someone to lose a weapon erroneously then it is also potentially a violation of the Fourth Amendment clause relevant to illegal search and & seizure.

Where are we going?

It will be interesting to see the first time a firearm is confiscated due to an arrest that is either BS or unwarranted. I imagine the lawsuit that will follow will be pretty spectacular.

#6350424 - 06/28/16 10:41 AM Re: Hawaii introduces federal gun database! [Re: Spacemonkey]
Creekrunner Online   happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
A registry failed miserably in Canada. It was successful at wasting a lot of money and law enforcement man hours. 'Seems if an idea is an abject failure, the left loves it all the more.

#6350501 - 06/28/16 11:50 AM Re: Hawaii introduces federal gun database! [Re: Spacemonkey]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
And the big wheel keeps turning.

I have a short attention spa

#6350989 - 06/28/16 07:53 PM Re: Hawaii introduces federal gun database! [Re: Spacemonkey]
Grizz Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Granbury, TX
I'm wondering how they are getting around the federal law prohibiting this type of registry/database. Even if the states are allowed to do it (I don't think they are), when they give the FBI access it sure seems like the law is violated.

From the United States Code:
"No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary’s [1] authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation."

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide