Print Thread
It's time to take action #6337522 06/16/16 05:42 PM
M
mikei Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
It's time to take action, folks. The Senate has agreed to consider an amendment to further restrict our Secondment Amendment rights. The proposed amendment will be to bar anyone on the terrorist watch list or no fly list from buying any firearm. Since the Obama Administration has already classified returning veterans, right wing extremists, constitutional extremists, as potential terrorists, it's only a small leap to declare anyone who supports the Second Amendment as a terrorist. If such an Amendment is passed, you all know that the next democratic president will move to add as many people as possible to such a list.

There's a link below that will take you to an action page from the NRA-ILA to contact your representatives. I went directly to each Senator's web site and my Representative's web site to send my communications as well as using the contact form below. Do not delay in taking action.

Forward to all your shooting friends & encourage them to do the same.

No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms
The Government is best that governs least Thomas Jefferson

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:07 AM, NRA-ILA <ila-contact@nrahq.org> wrote:

Thank you for contacting your legislators.
Anti-gun members of Congress are using the tragedy in Orlando as a political chess piece to move their personal anti-gun agenda. It is critical that you send this email around to your family, friends and fellow pro-gun supporters and urge them to take action TODAY. Anti-gunners around the nation are currently flooding capitol hill with misinformation, so now is the time to let our voices be heard.
Please share this link: https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=261
Thank you again,
Your NRA-ILA

Re: It's time to take action [Re: mikei] #6337835 06/16/16 11:33 PM
B
bobk538447 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Thanks for posting, and guys please take action and have everyone you know contact Congress.

Re: It's time to take action [Re: mikei] #6338018 06/17/16 01:34 AM
T
txwildcat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Good reminder. I did this last night. We need to remind the folks in office who put them there and who will remove them.

The federal govt proved it cant or wont protect us again last weekend so the LEAST logical approach is to limit our ability to do it ourselves.

I believe this "terrorist watch list" limiitation is a slippery slope---remember the ends this administration has gone too--the IRS scandal, VA scandal...do you want them putting you on the list because you disagree?

Re: It's time to take action [Re: txwildcat] #6340233 06/19/16 03:40 AM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: txwildcat

The federal govt proved it cant or wont protect us again last weekend so ....

Since when did it become the Federal Government's responsibility to prevent street crime, assaults, etc. The feds CAN do that if given the power. All we need is soldiers on each corner, checking ID's to enter clubs, sporting events, etc. Random checks on the street. It can be done. All we have to do is replace local enforcement and protection with the military. Been done before!

Re: It's time to take action [Re: aeb] #6340632 06/19/16 07:31 PM
T
txwildcat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: aeb
Originally Posted By: txwildcat

The federal govt proved it cant or wont protect us again last weekend so ....

Since when did it become the Federal Government's responsibility to prevent street crime, assaults, etc. The feds CAN do that if given the power. All we need is soldiers on each corner, checking ID's to enter clubs, sporting events, etc. Random checks on the street. It can be done. All we have to do is replace local enforcement and protection with the military. Been done before!

I would disagree that what happened in Orlando was street crime--rather it was terrorism committed by a man who had been investigated/reported multiple times.

In TX, I would trust our local LEO's and state police much further than anyone that is part of this administration. If these folks are empowered to do their job and not worry about some DOJ lawsuit for profiling a potential terrorist, we will be fine.

My point is that we shouldn't expect the government to prevent this, it won't. It is "we the people" that can by reporting suspicious behavior and, when necessary, defending ourselves as our 2nd amendment rights dictate. I suspect we both understand this well up

Re: It's time to take action [Re: mikei] #6341600 06/20/16 03:44 PM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I have no problem with letters to legislators...but when I write one I will get the facts straight. I think Obama is a terrible president...worse than Jimmy Carter... but he is not putting past, present or future returning veterans on a terrorist list. That is crazy and misrepresenting the facts...and one of the reasons why there is an anti gun movement. It applies to Vets that have PTSD issues that require assistance in normal daily activities. This has to be substantiated by a physician. It mainly involves PTSD not others that can't help themselves. They're freemen and have fought for the rest of our freedoms...for that I salute them... but would you take one to the rifle range??? I wouldn't and though it hurts to say it....I am for keeping weapons out of their hands.

Re: It's time to take action [Re: billybob] #6344662 06/23/16 06:13 AM
T
texasrecurve Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: billybob
I have no problem with letters to legislators...but when I write one I will get the facts straight. I think Obama is a terrible president...worse than Jimmy Carter... but he is not putting past, present or future returning veterans on a terrorist list. That is crazy and misrepresenting the facts...and one of the reasons why there is an anti gun movement. It applies to Vets that have PTSD issues that require assistance in normal daily activities. This has to be substantiated by a physician. It mainly involves PTSD not others that can't help themselves. They're freemen and have fought for the rest of our freedoms...for that I salute them... but would you take one to the rifle range??? I wouldn't and though it hurts to say it....I am for keeping weapons out of their hands.

Wow.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide