Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Future background checks #6334051 06/13/16 11:48 PM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I think they should be tougher. What do you think?

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334078 06/14/16 12:17 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
As opposed to what? Even if they were tougher crazies could still get guns. Quit blaming an inanimate object and start blaming the people. France has some of the toughest gun control laws in the world yet terrorist still figured out how to get fully auto guns and kill 100+ people, yet more gun control would work yea ok...

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334089 06/14/16 12:24 AM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Can you believe anyone on a hunting form would be in favor of more gun regulations.....must be a TFF types.

Make America Great Again

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334091 06/14/16 12:26 AM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
More laws.......yep that's what we need is more laws! hammer

Someone sit down and figure out just how many laws this idiot broke in doing what he did and then maybe they will see the ignorance in more laws.

I got a great idea.......lets make it illegal to kill people. That should stop murder in its tracks!

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334100 06/14/16 12:35 AM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I was thinking of Muslims who traveled to the Middle East or beat their wives. More like profiling. Not new laws.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334161 06/14/16 01:10 AM
T
txwildcat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I was thinking of Muslims who traveled to the Middle East or beat their wives. More like profiling. Not new laws.

Well this would be more a logical approach to focus on the folks that are trying to kill us. We need to name the enemy and dump the PC BS. How about we completely vet folks before entering the country---this means shutting down illegal immigration as we need a process through which folks ONLY enter once they have been fully investigated.

Last edited by txwildcat; 06/14/16 01:31 AM.
Re: Future background checks [Re: Tbar] #6334197 06/14/16 01:31 AM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Tbar
Can you believe anyone on a hunting form would be in favor of more gun regulations.....must be a TFF types.

Duh. The last two mass shootings were by young Muslim men who had traveled to the Middle East.

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334243 06/14/16 02:15 AM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Weak add to a failed thread. You didn't save it. rolleyes

Make America Great Again

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334549 06/14/16 02:02 PM
2000cbr929 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Is it not tough enough that the shooter worked for a security agency that lists the CIA as a client?? Seriously...the guy passed not one, but two checks in the last few years all while at some point during the checks being investigated and interviewed by the FBI. Perhaps its the idiots and typical government employees that are approving the licenses. Anyone who deals with any of our government agencies and has to listen to the attitudes and lack of passion for their jobs these pencil pushers have while chewing on their crispy creams waiting for their pension checks should realize that they only care about what time is beer thirty. Apparently the aptitude test for these jobs is not very lengthy, and only requires a pulse.

Last edited by 2000cbr929; 06/14/16 02:02 PM.

After eating Payne's sausage I don't know if I can go back to the regular store bought stuff.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money" Tom T Hall
Re: Future background checks [Re: KRoyal] #6334565 06/14/16 02:16 PM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
As opposed to what? Even if they were tougher crazies could still get guns. Quit blaming an inanimate object and start blaming the people. France has some of the toughest gun control laws in the world yet terrorist still figured out how to get fully auto guns and kill 100+ people, yet more gun control would work yea ok...

You made me change my mind. Lets put gun stores across from mental institutions, mosques, and prison releases doors.

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334587 06/14/16 02:39 PM
B
BushFamilyNine Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
-Let's start holding people accountable for their actions. Start with the president, Congress, government employees, and work the way down.
-Abolish gun-free zones.
-The background checks work when the ATF, FBI, CIA get their act together and start putting Islam associates on the terrorist list. There should be an immediate flag for local law enforcement and a delay on purchasing firearms. I don't support a ban on firearms purchases as the definition of "terrorist" will be broadened to include patriot group members, militias, and anyone who "spreads hate" through talking about any other groups or people.

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334591 06/14/16 02:44 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

You made me change my mind. Lets put gun stores across from mental institutions, mosques, and prison releases doors.

Bill please name one of these "mass shootings" that would have been stopped with tougher background checks? Like a previous post this guy passed numerous background checks to work for a security company what else do you want? No one said anything about putting gun stores across the street from mental health facilities or prison release doors. Typical when someone doesn't have a legitimate argument in favor of their stance they jump to outlandish claims that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. What does putting gun stores next door to mental institutions or prison release doors have to do with your original topic of tougher background checks? Nothing... You just don't have a rebuttal for me.

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334606 06/14/16 02:54 PM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
The most recent shooter was a Muslim, who had temper problems. That should have been the first red flag. He traveled to Egypt twice. Another red flag. I could go on. The background checks didn't pass the litmus test as far as I'm concerned.

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334635 06/14/16 03:13 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
The most recent shooter was a Muslim, who had temper problems. That should have been the first red flag. He traveled to Egypt twice. Another red flag. I could go on. The background checks didn't pass the litmus test as far as I'm concerned.

He had also been investigated by the FBI. He still passed background checks for his security job, what would you like to add to the background check process?

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334656 06/14/16 03:34 PM
2000cbr929 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Same as the laws we have versus the new laws they create. If they would just enforce the laws that are already in place there would be no need for new ones to be created. Stupid

After eating Payne's sausage I don't know if I can go back to the regular store bought stuff.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money" Tom T Hall
Re: Future background checks [Re: KRoyal] #6334672 06/14/16 03:48 PM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

He had also been investigated by the FBI. He still passed background checks for his security job, what would you like to add to the background check process?

And, in hindsight it was a big mistake. You just made my point.

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334707 06/14/16 04:15 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

What the hell does any of this have to do with stricter background checks for gun purchases? Yes he slipped through the cracks of the FBI and his employers background checks. Still has nothing to do with your original topic.

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334744 06/14/16 04:50 PM
H
HicksHunter Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
The only way that you could add to the background check system and catch some of these guys is by requiring a mandatory psych evaluation. But even then, it's certainly not foolproof for many reasons:

1. People aren't always crazy- I'd argue that a lot of homicides and shootings are performed by someone that is riding on some sort of resentment or anger from a recent time. They could have purchased the guns beforehand, have their psychological break, and then use those guns to commit an atrocity.
2. People can be fooled- Trained psychiatrists are, of course, aware of this fact and should look for any signs that someone might be trying to appear mentally sane when they are ill, but it's not a perfect system.
3. Guns don't always come from a legal source- Pretty self-explanatory.

Nothing is going to stop these atrocities, and it's going to be a part of our lives from now on. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6334900 06/14/16 06:12 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Not really... Your view would allow one political ideology to determine who is allow to not only own guns but hunt also. Via your own post history they could denie you based on random incomplete thoughts and hostile actions of telling random strangers to bite you... Just saying

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Future background checks [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6335022 06/14/16 07:48 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Not really... Your view would allow one political ideology to determine who is allow to not only own guns but hunt also. Via your own post history they could denie you based on random incomplete thoughts and hostile actions of telling random strangers to bite you... Just saying

But if members of one ideology are murdering the members of another ideology, wouldn't it make sense for the background checks to alert on certain clues for possible terrorist characteristics? This nation needs to drop it's self-killing political correctness and focus on those who are bent on killing us.

Re: Future background checks [Re: 2000cbr929] #6335402 06/15/16 12:23 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: 2000cbr929
Same as the laws we have versus the new laws they create. If they would just enforce the laws that are already in place there would be no need for new ones to be created. Stupid

This terrorist has never been convicted of anything so no current legislation would have prevented him from passing a NIC to purchase a firearm. Adding individuals on the terrorist watch list to those who would be denied a firearm, like convicted felons, has already been tried several times. The NRA blocked it every time. I don't really care either way. I've been to 11 shootings in the last 12 days of work with 5 resulting in homicides. None of them were worthy of the national news apparently.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...ticle-1.2437868

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6335421 06/15/16 12:36 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Adding people to a terrorist watch list to the no buy list for guns is a very slippery slope. The government is the ones that adds people to that list so they would hold the keys to the kingdom. Once you're on its probably about impossible to get back off it, just like the no fly list.

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: KRoyal] #6335439 06/15/16 12:47 AM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Adding people to a terrorist watch list to the no buy list for guns is a very slippery slope. The government is the ones that adds people to that list so they would hold the keys to the kingdom. Once you're on its probably about impossible to get back off it, just like the no fly list.

violin

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6335459 06/15/16 12:56 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Bill are you just trolling? You have nothing to offer your own topic why even start the thread.

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6335471 06/15/16 01:03 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Choctaw-don't disagree with you. It's also Pandora's box. It's easy to say it would only be used for one thing but do you really want to go through an interview process to buy a gun.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide