K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Adding people to a terrorist watch list to the no buy list for guns is a very slippery slope. The government is the ones that adds people to that list so they would hold the keys to the kingdom. Once you're on its probably about impossible to get back off it, just like the no fly list.

violin

If you were on that list you would be singing a different tune.

Re: Future background checks [Re: KRoyal] #6335814 06/15/16 12:21 PM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Bill are you just trolling? You have nothing to offer your own topic why even start the thread.

You are the one who is trolling. Young Muslim males should profiled in all future background checks. When will we learn.

1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male.

2. In 1972, at the Munich Olympics, Israeli athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim males.

3. In 1972, a Pan Am 747 was hijacked and eventually diverted to Cairo where a fuse was lit on final approach.

Shortly after landing it was blown up by Muslim males.

4. In 1973, a Pan Am 707 was destroyed in Rome, with 33 people killed, when it was attacked with grenades by Muslim males.

5. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim males.

6. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim males.

7. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim males.

8. In 1985, the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70-year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim males.

9. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim males.

10. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim males.

11. In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim males.

12. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim males.

13. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim males.

14. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim males.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Future background checks [Re: ntxtrapper] #6336306 06/15/16 05:33 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: ntxtrapper
I've been to 11 shootings in the last 12 days of work with 5 resulting in homicides. None of them were worthy of the national news apparently.

Cuz an AR wasn't used??

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6336524 06/15/16 08:33 PM
M
MS1454 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Bill are you just trolling? You have nothing to offer your own topic why even start the thread.

You are the one who is trolling. Young Muslim males should profiled in all future background checks. When will we learn.

2. In 1972, at the Munich Olympics, Israeli athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim males.

3. In 1972, a Pan Am 747 was hijacked and eventually diverted to Cairo where a fuse was lit on final approach.

4. In 1973, a Pan Am 707 was destroyed in Rome, with 33 people killed, when it was attacked with grenades by Muslim males.

6. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim males.

8. In 1985, the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70-year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim males.

9. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim males.

12. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim males.

13. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim males.

14. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim males.

Tim McVeigh, the unabomber, Charles Whitman, James homes,.. just saying

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
I'll take a Black Female every time.

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6337155 06/16/16 09:33 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
All the above listed people in both posts are terrorists both domestic and global. What is relevant is, if any of them had been on the TSDB or TIDE databases, should they be able to purchase a firearm without getting denied?

Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6337314 06/16/16 02:23 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Here's a foolproof background check:

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Future background checks [Re: ntxtrapper] #6337704 06/16/16 09:17 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: ntxtrapper
I've been to 11 shootings in the last 12 days of work with 5 resulting in homicides. None of them were worthy of the national news apparently.

There was a killing in Roswell, NM that 1 adult and 4 children were killed. A mother and her kids, nothing in the news outside of New Mexico.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6339756 06/18/16 05:15 PM
S
StretchR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
The purpose of the Second Amendment was to allow citizens a means to keep the government from getting out of control. Guess what, we've failed. It was not intended to guarantee the right to carry weapons specifically for self-protection against criminals, nor to keep <insert racial slur of your choice> under control.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Doesn't say anything about hunting, doesn't say anything about personal protection. The intent was for citizens to be able to resist tyranny-- which we no longer have the capability to do beyond the ballot.

Unfortunately, it is now impossible for citizens to successfully maintain independence from abuse from their government by force of arms. Modern warfare has developed well beyond the ability of even a well armed citizen to resist. The weapons systems, supplies, and structure of the US military makes it futile for any person or group to mount an effective defense that would result in anything other than personal annihilation. Having served in the US Army, I can tell you that you could personally own 100 military-style weapons and you'd still lose against an organized and equipped military force.The only hope is that a sufficient number of military leaders and units would reject any orders to engage the American public.

High capacity magazines and easily concealed (folding stock, short barreled) weapons are not sufficient to defend against an organized governmental force. The fact that such weapons are fun to fire, and that they help when you are spraying a sounder of pigs isn't a justification to keep them. They do appear sufficient for criminals and terrorists to commit atrocities. Eliminating such weapons won't solve the problem of some wacko with an anti-social personality disorder. There will certainly still be weapons of many sorts (including other semi-auto weapons) available. Reducing the supply may at least help to reduce the carnage.

The bottom line is that if some sort of dialog doesn't occur then there is a real risk that the gun-hating members of the government may actually be able to force through more deliberate, total level of gun control than most of us would prefer. You may choose to fight losing your military-style and capacity weapons, but it appears that it will be from cold dead hands if you do. Some compromise may be in order to allow us to keep our pistols, shotguns, and low-capacity hunting rifles.

Re: Future background checks [Re: StretchR] #6339773 06/18/16 05:48 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: StretchR
The purpose of the Second Amendment was to allow citizens a means to keep the government from getting out of control. Guess what, we've failed. It was not intended to guarantee the right to carry weapons specifically for self-protection against criminals, nor to keep <insert racial slur of your choice> under control.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Doesn't say anything about hunting, doesn't say anything about personal protection. The intent was for citizens to be able to resist tyranny-- which we no longer have the capability to do beyond the ballot.

Unfortunately, it is now impossible for citizens to successfully maintain independence from abuse from their government by force of arms. Modern warfare has developed well beyond the ability of even a well armed citizen to resist. The weapons systems, supplies, and structure of the US military makes it futile for any person or group to mount an effective defense that would result in anything other than personal annihilation. Having served in the US Army, I can tell you that you could personally own 100 military-style weapons and you'd still lose against an organized and equipped military force.The only hope is that a sufficient number of military leaders and units would reject any orders to engage the American public.

High capacity magazines and easily concealed (folding stock, short barreled) weapons are not sufficient to defend against an organized governmental force. The fact that such weapons are fun to fire, and that they help when you are spraying a sounder of pigs isn't a justification to keep them. They do appear sufficient for criminals and terrorists to commit atrocities. Eliminating such weapons won't solve the problem of some wacko with an anti-social personality disorder. There will certainly still be weapons of many sorts (including other semi-auto weapons) available. Reducing the supply may at least help to reduce the carnage.

The bottom line is that if some sort of dialog doesn't occur then there is a real risk that the gun-hating members of the government may actually be able to force through more deliberate, total level of gun control than most of us would(n't??) prefer. You may choose to fight losing your military-style and capacity weapons, but it appears that it will be from cold dead hands if you do. Some compromise may be in order to allow us to keep our pistols, shotguns, and low-capacity hunting rifles.

First, thank you for your service.

Second, your thoughts are obviously well thought out and, even though I don't agree with all of them, well put. I do agree that "resistance is futile" if, God in Heaven forbid, the military leaders would follow orders and move against the American public.

If, however, it is authorized for any government force to enter my property and confiscate something I already, and previously legally, owned, then all bets are off. Not saying I would or would not resist, but, if all things are equal regarding government control of the populace world-wide, there are a lot of places to live other than this, my beloved country. It would no longer be the country I was born in anyway.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Future background checks [Re: StretchR] #6342523 06/21/16 11:17 AM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M

The bottom line is that if some sort of dialog doesn't occur then there is a real risk that the gun-hating members of the government may actually be able to force through more deliberate, total level of gun control than most of us would prefer. You may choose to fight losing your military-style and capacity weapons, but it appears that it will be from cold dead hands if you do. Some compromise may be in order to allow us to keep our pistols, shotguns, and low-capacity hunting rifles.

Good guys and sane people don't commit these atrocities.
Reducing my ability to defend myself, has zero impact on a crazy person or evil group who intends to slaughter.

Defending myself against an organized attack by the US military isn't even a fleeting thought. The outcome is obvious.

But that is not the only use for the word "government." Our world is a rapidly changing place.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Future background checks [Re: StretchR] #6345338 06/23/16 08:13 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Nice post Stretchr. You are correct with the meaning of the 2nd Amendment, but I have faith that you are incorrect that it is too late - it's never too late to resist tyranny if it comes down to it. Our US military of which I thank you for your service, they took an oath - to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies - foreign and domestic. Granted, far too many who have taken that oath and firmly believe it have left our armed services. Still, that oath is more than just words to most. And most important of all - most understand that while their uniformed service has a defined period, that oath they took - does not. It is for life. If it ever came down to it (and I pray it never will) I do have faith that most in the military would refuse unlawful orders. If it ever comes down to it a tyrannical leader would be forced to turn to proxy forces that never took the oath to do their dirty deeds. And American patriots will stand side by side with their armed forces (both current and prior service) to resist tyranny - not be positioned against them. At least that is my hope.

I for one will not give up anything nor will I compromise on anything. If you give them A, they will come back for B. If you give them B, they will come back for C..then before long you'll look like Mexico, England, Australia, or insert name here where you can't hardly own anything anymore. Did you know that unless you live in a settlement, firearms and ammo ownership is even heavily restricted in Israel now? ISREAL...where you are allowed now to have 50 rounds of ammo per year...No, I'm not giving up anything nor compromising on anything.

Finally, there is another reason to support owning high capacity rifles and pistols besides just the 2nd amendment position. The current administration has spent $15 trillion dollars in the last 7.5 years. If you don't know, that's more than was spent by every single previous US Administration - COMBINED. If Hillary is elected, she wants to spend even more. A collapse can come about for any one of a multitude of reasons. That one is as good as any because without matching revenues coming in if a country continues to spend on a scale like that and print fiat currency - there comes a point where there is a collapse (Greece, Puerto Rico, Venezuela - to name but a few). What do you think is going to happen in this country when generations of people that have been addicted to their entitlements - suddenly don't get them anymore? If there is a true collapse, it won't be pretty. In the Great Depression much of America was still rural. They made it thru by subsistence farming and doing what they had to in order to provide for their families. No one believed they were entitled to anything. Sure neighbor helped neighbor and Churches helped where they could, but no one looked to Uncle Sam for all the answers. Today, many don't even go to church or even know their neighbors. Back then, people took it upon themselves to provide for their families and to survive. Today, they wouldn't even begin to know how to start. We are now a country that most don't know how, where, or who their food comes from. If they can't get it off the grocery shelves or the fast food chain - they will die. But before they die, they will riot and riot big. Then after they riot, they will do the only thing they can do - try to take what they don't have or know how to provide for.

Last edited by Earl; 06/23/16 09:35 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Future background checks [Re: bill oxner] #6346920 06/25/16 03:07 AM
dogdown23 Offline
Tracker
Tracker

How many black males rob convenient stores, or end up in shootings at low income apartment complexes? So all black males need to be put on a special list and profiled?

Dogdown

The only thing that'll stop a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide