Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,790
Posts9,729,170
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... #6332697 06/12/16 11:58 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Guys,

I'm wondering for those who've sold homes what you did with all of your reloading supplies, i.e. brass, bullets, primers and even the equipment etc. before the realtor started showing it to prospective buyers. I've got a room where I reload and I have supplies in the room. The room stays locked but It will need to be open for showings. I have no desire for people that I do not know to come into my home and see any of my stuff but especially that particular stuff.

Thanks,

Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61] #6332740 06/13/16 12:23 AM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Too much to put into a few large plastic storage bins stacked nicely in a corner? Or clear it out of site for pictures, keep the door locked and provide pics of the room??? Personally I wouldn't think much about it but the sale of your house is not my business.

During my last round of house hunting I was taken to a house in which I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement... I thought that was very odd but from what I was told by my realtor the oddity was worth overlooking to see the house. I signed. In a few of the common rooms there were "signs" as to what the deal was but I wasn't certain until I got to the master closet. Secret Service. Afterwards, I thought the NDA was an odd (and ineffective?) means to protect yourself. Would have been easier and more effective for the owner to "sanitize" the house and not have the NDA than to draw attention. Owell.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61] #6332912 06/13/16 01:43 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Most people won't know what most of that stuff is...keep it in boxes or plastic containers as MM mentioned and keep your guns in a safe or out of sight.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61] #6333230 06/13/16 12:20 PM
B
Blackout Bill Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Same here. Wouldn't sweat the appearance but would make sure powder and components are locked in a cabinet or stored "out of plain sight." It's just a modern day sewing room in my mind.

Good Luck

Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Judd] #6333256 06/13/16 12:52 PM
Bbear Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: Judd
Most people won't know what most of that stuff is...keep it in boxes or plastic containers as MM mentioned and keep your guns in a safe or out of sight.

Having my stuff out on display didn't slow the sale of my last house. As for folks not knowing what the stuff is, I got a visit from a Sheriff's deputy once. He said they were called that someone was 'cutting heroin or other drugs' and had to check it out. Seems someone walked by and saw my powder scale and figured I was dealing. We (the deputy and myself) had a good chuckle and started talking about guns and calibers etc.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pay it forward - Kids are the future.

Rifles are similar to boats and young women...there's no end to how much money you can pour into them without making them any more useful.
Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61] #6333258 06/13/16 12:55 PM
G
GLC Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
I am going through the same thing right now. Will start boxing up components this week.

Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61] #6333280 06/13/16 01:18 PM
oldoak2000 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Boxed up, and moved to a locked closet; along with any kind of hunting or firearm related stuff - no need for 'strangers' to know what I got or what my 'hobbies' are .....

Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61] #6333404 06/13/16 02:54 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I got more grief from the Moving Co than from Realtors & Clients.

Had to show the Movers that I had loaded the primers, powder & ammo in seperate tubs before they would agree to a submitting a Final Contract on Moving Day...but then I took all my stuff down to the new place when I pulled the boat down a week ahead of the actual Moving Day circus...and locked it up in the new house Outta Sight & Outta Mind...my guns and Safety Deposit Box stuff went to a friends house and stayed in his safe for a while until I was ready to handle it here...with all the Contractors in & out of the house getting the necessary bare minimum repairs done so that we could move in while the heavy demo & reno stuff was done under our watchful eyes.... just like camping out in a building zone.

Gotta say "small Town Texas" is daylite and dark different from DFW. We found a small group of Contractors here in Palestine by word of mouth references that I trust more than I thought I ever would anywhere else & did with one of them having a key to my house....totally unlike living in the Metro Mess....where I had an HO Insurance Claims Unit's engineering contractor steal the evidence that justified my broken foudation claim, and then Deny the Claim in their Written Report. THAT made for a fun day in Mediation when I produced the pics of the evidence... with the Engr'ng Co field rep's standing over the evidence.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61] #6334028 06/13/16 11:27 PM
T
texashunter900 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
cover the bench with a blanket.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide