facebook
Forum Stats
60473 Members
45 Forums
476079 Topics
6245203 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6332697 - 06/12/16 06:58 PM Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies...
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DFW
Guys,

I'm wondering for those who've sold homes what you did with all of your reloading supplies, i.e. brass, bullets, primers and even the equipment etc. before the realtor started showing it to prospective buyers. I've got a room where I reload and I have supplies in the room. The room stays locked but It will need to be open for showings. I have no desire for people that I do not know to come into my home and see any of my stuff but especially that particular stuff.

Thanks,

#6332740 - 06/12/16 07:23 PM Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61]
Mickey Moose Offline
Veteran Tracker

Too much to put into a few large plastic storage bins stacked nicely in a corner? Or clear it out of site for pictures, keep the door locked and provide pics of the room??? Personally I wouldn't think much about it but the sale of your house is not my business.

During my last round of house hunting I was taken to a house in which I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement... I thought that was very odd but from what I was told by my realtor the oddity was worth overlooking to see the house. I signed. In a few of the common rooms there were "signs" as to what the deal was but I wasn't certain until I got to the master closet. Secret Service. Afterwards, I thought the NDA was an odd (and ineffective?) means to protect yourself. Would have been easier and more effective for the owner to "sanitize" the house and not have the NDA than to draw attention. Owell.

* In search of 1 or 2 person lease, 3 hours from DFW, Please PM me

#6332912 - 06/12/16 08:43 PM Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61]
Judd Offline

Loc: Sachse, TX
Most people won't know what most of that stuff is...keep it in boxes or plastic containers as MM mentioned and keep your guns in a safe or out of sight.

#6333230 - 06/13/16 07:20 AM Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61]
Blackout Bill Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Flower Mound
Same here. Wouldn't sweat the appearance but would make sure powder and components are locked in a cabinet or stored "out of plain sight." It's just a modern day sewing room in my mind.

Good Luck

#6333256 - 06/13/16 07:52 AM Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Judd]
Bbear Offline
Tracker

Loc: West Texas
Originally Posted By: Judd
Most people won't know what most of that stuff is...keep it in boxes or plastic containers as MM mentioned and keep your guns in a safe or out of sight.

Having my stuff out on display didn't slow the sale of my last house. As for folks not knowing what the stuff is, I got a visit from a Sheriff's deputy once. He said they were called that someone was 'cutting heroin or other drugs' and had to check it out. Seems someone walked by and saw my powder scale and figured I was dealing. We (the deputy and myself) had a good chuckle and started talking about guns and calibers etc.

Pay it forward - Kids are the future.

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance

#6333258 - 06/13/16 07:55 AM Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61]
GLC Offline

Loc: Burleson Texas
I am going through the same thing right now. Will start boxing up components this week.

#6333280 - 06/13/16 08:18 AM Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61]
oldoak2000 Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Denton, TX
Boxed up, and moved to a locked closet; along with any kind of hunting or firearm related stuff - no need for 'strangers' to know what I got or what my 'hobbies' are .....

#6333404 - 06/13/16 09:54 AM Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61]
WileyCoyote Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: The Dogwood Capital of Texas
I got more grief from the Moving Co than from Realtors & Clients.

Had to show the Movers that I had loaded the primers, powder & ammo in seperate tubs before they would agree to a submitting a Final Contract on Moving Day...but then I took all my stuff down to the new place when I pulled the boat down a week ahead of the actual Moving Day circus...and locked it up in the new house Outta Sight & Outta Mind...my guns and Safety Deposit Box stuff went to a friends house and stayed in his safe for a while until I was ready to handle it here...with all the Contractors in & out of the house getting the necessary bare minimum repairs done so that we could move in while the heavy demo & reno stuff was done under our watchful eyes.... just like camping out in a building zone.

Gotta say "small Town Texas" is daylite and dark different from DFW. We found a small group of Contractors here in Palestine by word of mouth references that I trust more than I thought I ever would anywhere else & did with one of them having a key to my house....totally unlike living in the Metro Mess....where I had an HO Insurance Claims Unit's engineering contractor steal the evidence that justified my broken foudation claim, and then Deny the Claim in their Written Report. THAT made for a fun day in Mediation when I produced the pics of the evidence... with the Engr'ng Co field rep's standing over the evidence.
Ron

TooTaToo...We have MET the Enemy...and He is US !!... Pogo

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it...George Santayana

#6334028 - 06/13/16 06:27 PM Re: Moving advice for reloading equipment and supplies... [Re: Deerhunter61]
texashunter900 Online   happy
Bird Dog

Loc: Ennis, TX
cover the bench with a blanket.

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide