Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6307734 - 05/22/16 10:17 PM Big Snake?
5 Stand Dan Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: DFW
Saw it on Facebook, so it's real

Quote:
Eli Canales, Jr. - Big rattlers are out. Killed in Bruni Texas on Wednesday night!!! #stxha

#6307743 - 05/22/16 10:23 PM Re: Big Snake? [Re: 5 Stand Dan]
dkershen Offline

Loc: Denton/Argyle
Huge snake. Scary huge looking at those rattles. eek2

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
www.NewHopeEquine.com

#6307776 - 05/22/16 11:14 PM Re: Big Snake? [Re: 5 Stand Dan]
iwannagofast Offline
Woodsman

Loc: dallas
No way !!!

#6307779 - 05/22/16 11:17 PM Re: Big Snake? [Re: 5 Stand Dan]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
Snake boots wouldn't help.

_______ Old style calls for today's outdoorsman_________

#6307788 - 05/22/16 11:57 PM Re: Big Snake? [Re: 5 Stand Dan]
SapperTitan Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
That a biggun

#6307852 - 05/23/16 06:31 AM Re: Big Snake? [Re: 5 Stand Dan]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Fairfield, TX
Photo shop of the rattles in the hand and the dude is standing about 10' the hanging snake....probably about 4'-5' in all actuality....SMDH.... rolleyes

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#6308078 - 05/23/16 09:46 AM Re: Big Snake? [Re: 5 Stand Dan]
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Undercover
Is that a low or high fence snake? I think another year and he would have reached maturity.

#6308088 - 05/23/16 09:50 AM Re: Big Snake? [Re: 5 Stand Dan]
Texas buckeye Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Keller
Don't care how doctored that photo may be, the snake is around 9 years old based on rattles...that's an old snake and not one I want to mess with!

I have seen pics taken from before the photoshop days (think black and white polaroid) of a rattler draped over a huge black dude and it is every bit bigger than that snake pictured here. Not saying it is common place to see something that big, but they do exist. rattlers and me don't get along very well. I only like to see them on the internet or behind glass walls.

#6308120 - 05/23/16 10:08 AM Re: Big Snake? [Re: SnakeWrangler]
BOBO the Clown Offline
decoy

Loc: Metroplex
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Photo shop of the rattles in the hand and the dude is standing about 10' the hanging snake....probably about 4'-5' in all actuality....SMDH.... rolleyes

Unless he has the wingspan of a B&C condor, I don't think so. They stuck it on deer hanger, those are only about 2.5' wide.

And it's tilted up so about max he can be behind it is 4' since he is holding it.

I'd say 6' rattle bug, I've seen a blue indigo I would of like to pair up against it

#6308226 - 05/23/16 11:24 AM Re: Big Snake? [Re: 5 Stand Dan]
rdhibbs Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Dumas TX
There was an old bait shop near lake Meredith.The store had a double door on the front so it was approx 6" They had a headless stretched and dried diamond back (coon tail) snake skin mounted to a board above the door. If I remember correctly (relying on my memory is dangerous) that snake hung over the door about 6" to a foot on each side. Headless would have been 7' - 8'. While 4' - 6' are the norm around her 8'-10' are certainly not unheard of.

and Buck Eye I don't even like them behind a glass wall. bolt

My grandfather was bitten on the web between the thumb and index finger in the early fifty's. One fang went directly into an artery, They flew him to Oklahoma city where it took three doctors to keep him alive that night. The flesh rotted to the bone. They did a skin graft by sowing his hand to his chest for quite a few months and then cutting them apart. His thumb knuckle was parallelized in a bent position. The sight of that hand was enough to convince me to stay clear of those things if at all possible. scared

#6310487 - 05/25/16 01:54 AM Re: Big Snake? [Re: Texas buckeye]
Savage388 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Woodville, TX
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Don't care how doctored that photo may be, the snake is around 9 years old based on rattles...that's an old snake and not one I want to mess with!

I have seen pics taken from before the photoshop days (think black and white polaroid) of a rattler draped over a huge black dude and it is every bit bigger than that snake pictured here. Not saying it is common place to see something that big, but they do exist. rattlers and me don't get along very well. I only like to see them on the internet or behind glass walls.

I remember seeing that photo as well. The best I can remember is the snake in the photo is an Eastern Diamond Back, the largest rattlesnake species in North America. I think the man was a logger from Alabama or Georgia. It was a freaking huge snake!

Edited by Savage388 (05/25/16 01:57 AM)

#6310510 - 05/25/16 06:17 AM Re: Big Snake? [Re: Savage388]
flintknapper Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Deep East Texas
Originally Posted By: Savage388
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye

I remember seeing that photo as well. The best I can remember is the snake in the photo is an Eastern Diamond Back, the largest rattlesnake species in North America. I think the man was a logger from Alabama or Georgia. It was a freaking huge snake!

Actually the snake (other than being obviously thick/mature) is nowhere near the size claimed.

Any photographer worth his salt....knows about "Forced Perspective". The Snake appears MUCH larger than it is because it is being held closer to the camera than the subject holding it. It is in a different focal plane.

Please see this: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/force-perspective-photos/

We could just as easily make the snake look as if it would fit in the palm of the Man's hand, had he pointed the snake the other direction (farther away from himself).

The ONLY way (photographically) to accurately represent the size of the snake (relative to the man) is for them to both be at the same focal plane (distance).

I continue to be amazed at how many people are not aware of this and fall for it over and over.

#6310566 - 05/25/16 07:29 AM Re: Big Snake? [Re: 5 Stand Dan]
postoak Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: The Woodlands, Tx
I'd be willing to bet that forced perspective isn't much in play here because of the way we can see the concrete under them. The man (who may well be only 5'4") appears to be no more than about 1' behind the snake. I think that snake is 7' or 8' long.

Edited by postoak (05/25/16 01:37 PM)

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide