S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: Cleric
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Yeah it's not that simple. I wish I recorded the call of asking for skylar on the phone....

I have also talked to there "customer service manager" not sure if she has an ounce of care in her

Just made it that simple

so you think a good business is one in which you have to research which associate you want to deal with?

You have got to be kidding me...
Don't remember saying that, just saying if you can have an option to go through him and never have any issues then why not? Who cares about the rest of the people working there? Lots of people get there hair cut at a specific place by the same person every time even though other barbers work there. Some employees are better then others it happens everywhere. The best thing to do would be email someone at SWFA and voice your disappointment so maybe someone could do something about it rather than wine about it on a forum.

For me I'm going to keep using SWFA and going through Skylar bc I know he will make the process easy. Ill be ordering a SWFA 1x4 tomorrow if I can't find what I'm looking for in a trade.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6300841 05/17/16 12:50 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Yeah it's not that simple. I wish I recorded the call of asking for skylar on the phone....

I have also talked to there "customer service manager" not sure if she has an ounce of care in her

Just made it that simple

so you think a good business is one in which you have to research which associate you want to deal with?

Most of us have never had to do that. I think he's just giving you another choice.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: patriot07] #6300870 05/17/16 01:19 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: patriot07

Just made it that simple

Most of us have never had to do that. I think he's just giving you another choice.
Patriot07 thank you for showing some common sense, some have it some don't.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: SapperTitan] #6300889 05/17/16 01:35 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

So because I don't feel like I shouldn't even look up one particular person's number, means I lack common sense

I hope they don't treat anyone like they treated me. Sorry that my common sense tells me that a company shouldn't steal from its customers. I have integrity, swfa does not

Sapper as you would say. Some have integrity and some don't...

Last edited by Cleric; 05/17/16 01:38 AM.
Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6300919 05/17/16 01:51 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
No I think your assumption of my post lacked common sense. I never had to research anything. People commented about their positive interactions on here and when I finally needed something from them I just PMed Skylar it was that easy and right then and there he gave me his number and extension. I didn't have to google who to call I just used the same person so many other had positive comments about. Of coarse not everyone has that option bc they don't know Skylar exists but if you know he does and he has so many good references why not go through him and skip any potential headaches.

I have also talked to Dillon Hazelwood and he was very helpful and quick to answer questions.

As far as in store customer service I have no idea bc I've never been there and as long as Skylar works there ill prob never have to go there. I agree they would be better off if all the employees were as helpful as Skylar and maybe with a few emails (maybe attach this thread) they will get everyone on the same page as far as how to treat potential customers.

As far as Integrity, I think that is the number one value a person can have.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6300928 05/17/16 01:58 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

So because I don't feel like I shouldn't even look up one particular person's number, means I lack common sense

I hope they don't treat anyone like they treated me. Sorry that my common sense tells me that a company shouldn't steal from its customers. I have integrity, swfa does not

Sapper as you would say. Some have integrity and some don't...

SWFA steals from its customers? Whats the story there? If its true then that is an actual issue as opposed to the "rudeness" complaints. If SWFA is truly stealing from customers then thats something people on this forum would care about, so please share.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6300957 05/17/16 02:20 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I get that some like Skylar, use him, and he treats them well.

The fact that others were either not aware of that or simply don't feel they should be limited to dealing with one particular person in the whole company does not mean they are lacking in common sense. IMO.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6302409 05/18/16 01:22 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I placed an order over the phone because it was a trade in. The representative put the wrong address on the order. The scope was shipped to the wrong place and they "tried to call" the person for weeks. They refused to ship me what I paid for because than they would be out a scope.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6302430 05/18/16 01:40 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I placed an order over the phone because it was a trade in. The representative put the wrong address on the order. The scope was shipped to the wrong place and they "tried to call" the person for weeks. They refused to ship me what I paid for because than they would be out a scope.

And so to this day, they still haven't shipped a scope to you or refunded your money? Did you receive an order confirmation with shipping address? Did you receive tracking info? Was it insured?

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6302448 05/18/16 01:52 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
It was insured but they didn't submit a claim because it was not damaged or stolen. It was delivered properly.

I received shipping number the night it was ordered. But by time I looked at it, the scope was delivered.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6302497 05/18/16 02:25 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
It was insured but they didn't submit a claim because it was not damaged or stolen. It was delivered properly.

I received shipping number the night it was ordered. But by time I looked at it, the scope was delivered.

And so they still haven't sent you a scope or refunded your money?

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6302502 05/18/16 02:32 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
They didn't for a week in a half I think. They stated they were going to keep trying to call them.

I had to take time off work and drive to get it.

They refused to do anything for me. They didn't even apologies.

I spent 10+ hours on the phone alone

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6302518 05/18/16 02:48 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
They didn't for a week in a half I think. They stated they were going to keep trying to call them.

So if I'm hearing this correct. You placed an order on the phone, SWFA got the shipping address wrong, scope was delivered to the wrong address, you informed them it was sent to wrong address, they attempted to contact someone at the shipping address for 1.5 weeks, you spent 10+ hrs on the phone with SFWA trying to resolve, ultimately you drove to the store and they either provided a scope or refund? Sorry, it was piece mailed so trying to understand the situation so others can benefit in the future and learn from your experience.

I went back and looked at my SWFA orders and it looks like my website receipts and phone receipts are different. I don't see shipping address on my phone receipts. Had I been in that situation I would have reached out to Skylar or anyone associated with SWFA besides the counter guys to avoid a 1.5 week delay and having to drive up to the store. I see several folks on LinkedIn associated with SWFA that I would have escalated to, including the owner.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6302533 05/18/16 03:05 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Tried talking to skylar. Was told I couldn't talk to him.

Was talking to the "customer service" manager, thought she might care, but I was wrong

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6302543 05/18/16 03:10 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
No I drove to the wrong address the shipped it to.

I was told in no uncertain terms that they would not give me a scope because they would be out a scope. I asked so it's okay for the customer to be out but not you the saler. The sales manager reply was yes. At that point I new that would only "try to call" the place.

Last edited by Cleric; 05/18/16 03:13 PM.
Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6302626 05/18/16 04:12 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
To be honest, I'm not really sure what I would expect in that situation. It seems like a pretty unique situation and I can kind of see SWFA's hesitancy to immediately send another scope. Honestly, I don't know that any other retailer would have done that either.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6302644 05/18/16 04:32 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
If a company messes up they need to make it right. Period

If I gave them the wrong address than its on me.

If your employer sent your paycheck to the wrong person, do they need to make it right or you?

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6302701 05/18/16 05:14 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

If your employer sent your paycheck to the wrong person, do they need to make it right or you?

Not quite the same situation. If my employer sent my paycheck to someone else they could simply issue another check because:
1) someone else can't cash or deposit my paycheck
2) employer has the ability to see if the paycheck has been cashed/deposited

A piece of advice. ALWAYS have order takers repeat your order, address, and payment information. I ALWAYS do that when ordering over the phone because I don't want to get into situations like yours. I generally prefer placing orders online to avoid human mistakes.

SWFA could probably have handled that more gracefully but I don't fault them for not bending over backwards to get another scope out to you. If I was the SWFA manager I would have simply refunded and worked on recovering the product separately.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6302721 05/18/16 05:41 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P

How would SWFA know for sure which one happened?

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: jeepercreeper] #6302785 05/18/16 06:21 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper

So if I'm hearing this correct. You placed an order on the phone, SWFA got the shipping address wrong, scope was delivered to the wrong address, you informed them it was sent to wrong address, they attempted to contact someone at the shipping address for 1.5 weeks, you spent 10+ hrs on the phone with SFWA trying to resolve, ultimately you drove to the store and they either provided a scope or refund? Sorry, it was piece mailed so trying to understand the situation so others can benefit in the future and learn from your experience.

I went back and looked at my SWFA orders and it looks like my website receipts and phone receipts are different. I don't see shipping address on my phone receipts. Had I been in that situation I would have reached out to Skylar or anyone associated with SWFA besides the counter guys to avoid a 1.5 week delay and having to drive up to the store. I see several folks on LinkedIn associated with SWFA that I would have escalated to, including the owner.

Lol! You must be a homer! Are you employed by them? Must be...

If I had had Clerics experience I'd never do business with them again! Bad bad CS!!!!!! Frankly they sucked on this one...and based on what I'm reading here it explains a lot about why their employees behave so poorly....they are just reflecting ownerships attitude.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: patriot07] #6302807 05/18/16 06:37 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

How would SWFA know for sure which one happened?

They admitted it

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: jeepercreeper] #6302812 05/18/16 06:48 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

Not quite the same situation. If my employer sent my paycheck to someone else they could simply issue another check because:
1) someone else can't cash or deposit my paycheck
2) employer has the ability to see if the paycheck has been cashed/deposited

A piece of advice. ALWAYS have order takers repeat your order, address, and payment information. I ALWAYS do that when ordering over the phone because I don't want to get into situations like yours. I generally prefer placing orders online to avoid human mistakes.

SWFA could probably have handled that more gracefully but I don't fault them for not bending over backwards to get another scope out to you. If I was the SWFA manager I would have simply refunded and worked on recovering the product separately.

Your argument the paycheck is different because they have more control is not relevant.

The refused to refund or send me a scope.

What is the difference between refund and new scope?

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6302922 05/18/16 08:25 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61

Lol! You must be a homer! Are you employed by them? Must be...

If I had had Clerics experience I'd never do business with them again! Bad bad CS!!!!!! Frankly they sucked on this one...and based on what I'm reading here it explains a lot about why their employees behave so poorly....they are just reflecting ownerships attitude.

I have zero affiliation with SWFA. I just dislike when people are quick to bash retailers online via public forums and social media without telling the full story. Claiming a company "stole" from you is bold and would be grounds for alot of folks to stop doing business with SWFA, including myself. But after hearing the full story....I'll continue to do business with SWFA.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6302937 05/18/16 08:34 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Took my money and refused to give me a product

Theft...

Good luck...

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6302984 05/18/16 09:15 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Took my money and refused to give me a product

Theft...

Good luck...

Not sure how it reads any other way. That's why I use AMEX whenever I can. I've had a couple of problems like that, and AMEX always backed me and I either ended up with the product or a refund.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide