THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper
Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Originally Posted By: Cleric
They didn't for a week in a half I think. They stated they were going to keep trying to call them.

I had to take time off work and drive to get it.

They refused to do anything for me. They didn't even apologies.

I spent 10+ hours on the phone alone

So if I'm hearing this correct. You placed an order on the phone, SWFA got the shipping address wrong, scope was delivered to the wrong address, you informed them it was sent to wrong address, they attempted to contact someone at the shipping address for 1.5 weeks, you spent 10+ hrs on the phone with SFWA trying to resolve, ultimately you drove to the store and they either provided a scope or refund? Sorry, it was piece mailed so trying to understand the situation so others can benefit in the future and learn from your experience.

I went back and looked at my SWFA orders and it looks like my website receipts and phone receipts are different. I don't see shipping address on my phone receipts. Had I been in that situation I would have reached out to Skylar or anyone associated with SWFA besides the counter guys to avoid a 1.5 week delay and having to drive up to the store. I see several folks on LinkedIn associated with SWFA that I would have escalated to, including the owner.

Lol! You must be a homer! Are you employed by them? Must be...

If I had had Clerics experience I'd never do business with them again! Bad bad CS!!!!!! Frankly they sucked on this one...and based on what I'm reading here it explains a lot about why their employees behave so poorly....they are just reflecting ownerships attitude.

I have zero affiliation with SWFA. I just dislike when people are quick to bash retailers online via public forums and social media without telling the full story. Claiming a company "stole" from you is bold and would be grounds for alot of folks to stop doing business with SWFA, including myself. But after hearing the full story....I'll continue to do business with SWFA.

Quick to bash...are you serious? Have you not been reading this thread or what? I certainly wasn't quick to bash! I have done business with them for years! And as I said earlier...I've been to their new location MANY times!!! At least a dozen! And there service on a scale of 1-10 has been a 2. I don't think anyone on here has been quick to bash them, they've just been honest. I honestly hoped this post would wake them up and let them know they've got a problem but based on what I've read it won't help. I used to love doing business with them but no more. Frankly I used to defend them..at least sharing the good I had experienced...but I never attacked anyone else that had a bad experience.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6303259 05/19/16 01:31 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: patriot07
If a company messes up they need to make it right. Period

If I gave them the wrong address than its on me.

How would SWFA know for sure which one happened?

They admitted it
They apologized for the miscommunication? Or they admitted that they made a typo or what? Did they go back and listen to a recorded copy of the call? I don't understand how else they would've known.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6303355 05/19/16 02:35 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Based on how the order was processed they could tell, because they sent it to an old address

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6303371 05/19/16 02:48 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Man, your story has all kinds of twists and turns. Honestly its hard to keep the details straight.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6303391 05/19/16 03:14 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Based on how the order was processed they could tell, because they sent it to an old address
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Sounds like they ultimately made it right, but it was a pain getting there.

Like I said, I've shopped there several times and had great customer service. Not sure how opinions can be so extreme on both ends.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: patriot07] #6303828 05/19/16 03:03 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Sounds like they ultimately made it right, but it was a pain getting there.

Like I said, I've shopped there several times and had great customer service. Not sure how opinions can be so extreme on both ends.

No they never made it right. I had to make it right. I had to take hours out of my life to fix there mistake.

They refused to even apologize even though they admitted it was there fault

Last edited by Cleric; 05/19/16 03:03 PM.
Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6304154 05/19/16 06:38 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P

No they never made it right. I had to make it right. I had to take hours out of my life to fix there mistake.

They refused to even apologize even though they admitted it was there fault
How did you make it right?

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: jeepercreeper] #6304192 05/19/16 07:14 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Man, your story has all kinds of twists and turns. Honestly its hard to keep the details straight.

You are hilarious! The story never changed. The only thing that happened was I elaborated about my overall experience with them because you stated that the complaints were because of one bad experience. And honestly I doubt you know what honestly is about. The idea that you basically are calling people liars in this thread is ridiculous! There are enough people in this thread that have had poor experiences with this company that they simply can't all be untrue.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6304200 05/19/16 07:19 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Folks, I get that some of you have had great experiences with SWFA but for you to attack and/ or give some of us the third degree who've had bad experiences is ridiculous! Why do you guys have to make it personal? Why can't you simply counter with your experiences and just let things go at that? It makes me wonder if you are on the payroll? Related? Etc.

Last edited by Deerhunter61; 05/19/16 07:20 PM.
Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6304290 05/19/16 08:21 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
For the record, I told my law partner about SWFA and their new store. He had never heard of them. That was about 3-4 months ago. He is currently on a huge tactical/LR rifle and accessories kick. Money is no object to him. My guess would be he has spent anywhere from $20,000-50,000 in there since I told him about them. I'm guessing that's just a start. He seems very happy with them. I'm certain they are very happy with him. smile

Just sharing that to show I don't have it "in" for SWFA for any reason.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6304403 05/19/16 10:12 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61

You are hilarious! The story never changed. The only thing that happened was I elaborated about my overall experience with them because you stated that the complaints were because of one bad experience. And honestly I doubt you know what honestly is about. The idea that you basically are calling people liars in this thread is ridiculous! There are enough people in this thread that have had poor experiences with this company that they simply can't all be untrue.

You need to read through the thread and then read again. I was referring to Cleric's story. Between myself and Patriot, it took several piece mailed posts to understand what his situation was and the full story. Each post had a new important and relevant piece of info. To claim theft is very bold and if true would be grounds for me to cut ties with a business. After the full story came out....nnnnnnooooottttttt exactly theft.

Please show me where I have called anyone a liar in this thread. I've simply asked questions and have made suggestions like everyone else. I don't doubt you had a bad experience. If I thought you were a liar, I would call you a liar.

For the record, I count 7 people in this thread that mention a bad experience with SWFA and 9 people that have had good experiences. Almost all 9 of us have suggested how to do business with SWFA. If you don't like it and you're not willing to contact SWFA to voice your disdain, then feel free to shop elsewhere. Nobody is out to get you or argue that you didn't have a bad experience.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6304656 05/20/16 01:36 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
So now that i am out a keyboard i will type the whole story in one long post...

I knew a sale was coming up so called and asked if i should mail the scope in now or wait till the order? They said mail it in now.
So i mailed it the scope and called to place the order when the sale started. The order was placed on "hold" because they hadn't processed my scope. When i asked why it hadn't been process in the 5 days since it was delivered; it was magically found at that moment and processed immediately.
I got a sales order and tracking number at night. But the details hadn't been loaded to UPS (only data received)
I got another notice of delivery in the morning. I couldn't find the scope when I get home. When the UPS data was updated i noticed the wrong zip code.
I called and talked to someone (as i didn't know skylar was the only way to get decent service). They transferred me to the manager. The rep created an order off an old order and only updated my billing information. They admitted that it was there issue. i asked to send me a new scope, they refused and said they would try and call the address and get back to me the next day.
They didn't call me the next day so i called back on the second day, to give them a full day to call me.
They said the left a message. I asked again about sending me a new scope, to which the refused. I said i was considering disputing the charge as they were not living up the agreement. They stated they would not return my scope that i had traded in as they had already sold it.They asked for another day or so, and said they would call me back.
The third day i received no information and therefor called again. Same story, we have left a message and will not do anything for you. Mind you they have had my scope for almost 3 weeks and my money for a week.
At that point they informed they were just going to try and get ahold of someone at the other address to maybe try and return the scope to them and then and only then would they ship me my scope. I asked to speak to the owner, but they refused.
At that point i had to drive across town to wrong address to pick up my scope, as they have given me no other option. For that much hassle i should have gone down and got it from the store.

They stole my time, they tried to steal my money and scope, they are shady as hell. They are not the great company that many people make them out to be on the forums. They only reason they have that reputation is because of skylar. Skylar seem likes a good guy for those privilege enough to talk to him. I tried to get his help on this situation, but the person refused to transfer me unless Skylar could tell the other rep what i was going to talk to him about. I should not have to talk to one person or know how to do business with a company to get good service. I have talked to multiple people at camera land and all have been nice and offer great customer service.

I don't expect perfection, but i expect companies to fix their mistake. Once earlier in my life i worked for a small business and made a similar mistake. I sent a high dollar item to the wrong address. The customer called to inquire about the product, i looked at ups and realized my mistake. I immediatly sent another item out to the customer, with many apologies. I than spent the time to recover the store product. Thats all SWFA had to do. Instead the refused to apologize than effectively forced me to go get it. To top it all off they did nothing to compensate me.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6304685 05/20/16 01:51 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Cleric,

I'd be upset as well. They did a halfa$$ed job all around.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: J.G.] #6304763 05/20/16 02:56 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Cleric,

I'd be upset as well. They did a halfa$$ed job all around.
Agreed, and yeah it makes more sense now. That's a sucky situation. Sorry you had to type it all again. It was tough to understand with pieces of the story in half a dozen different posts (or I'm just not the brightest crayon in the box).

Regardless, I guess the reason I kept questioning it was because my service had been so good that it was tough for me to believe he could be treated like that, but I guess even the best get it wrong sometimes and I certainly wouldn't fault you for taking your money elsewhere from now on.

Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Cleric] #6304973 05/20/16 01:10 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
So now that i am out a keyboard i will type the whole story in one long post...

I knew a sale was coming up so called and asked if i should mail the scope in now or wait till the order? They said mail it in now.
So i mailed it the scope and called to place the order when the sale started. The order was placed on "hold" because they hadn't processed my scope. When i asked why it hadn't been process in the 5 days since it was delivered; it was magically found at that moment and processed immediately.
I got a sales order and tracking number at night. But the details hadn't been loaded to UPS (only data received)
I got another notice of delivery in the morning. I couldn't find the scope when I get home. When the UPS data was updated i noticed the wrong zip code.
I called and talked to someone (as i didn't know skylar was the only way to get decent service). They transferred me to the manager. The rep created an order off an old order and only updated my billing information. They admitted that it was there issue. i asked to send me a new scope, they refused and said they would try and call the address and get back to me the next day.
They didn't call me the next day so i called back on the second day, to give them a full day to call me.
They said the left a message. I asked again about sending me a new scope, to which the refused. I said i was considering disputing the charge as they were not living up the agreement. They stated they would not return my scope that i had traded in as they had already sold it.They asked for another day or so, and said they would call me back.
The third day i received no information and therefor called again. Same story, we have left a message and will not do anything for you. Mind you they have had my scope for almost 3 weeks and my money for a week.
At that point they informed they were just going to try and get ahold of someone at the other address to maybe try and return the scope to them and then and only then would they ship me my scope. I asked to speak to the owner, but they refused.
At that point i had to drive across town to wrong address to pick up my scope, as they have given me no other option. For that much hassle i should have gone down and got it from the store.

They stole my time, they tried to steal my money and scope, they are shady as hell. They are not the great company that many people make them out to be on the forums. They only reason they have that reputation is because of skylar. Skylar seem likes a good guy for those privilege enough to talk to him. I tried to get his help on this situation, but the person refused to transfer me unless Skylar could tell the other rep what i was going to talk to him about. I should not have to talk to one person or know how to do business with a company to get good service. I have talked to multiple people at camera land and all have been nice and offer great customer service.

I don't expect perfection, but i expect companies to fix their mistake. Once earlier in my life i worked for a small business and made a similar mistake. I sent a high dollar item to the wrong address. The customer called to inquire about the product, i looked at ups and realized my mistake. I immediatly sent another item out to the customer, with many apologies. I than spent the time to recover the store product. Thats all SWFA had to do. Instead the refused to apologize than effectively forced me to go get it. To top it all off they did nothing to compensate me.

Wow. In my mind they still owe you money for your time. I would of been some kind of pissed off over this one. I value my time. Once it's gone it's never coming back. Like you, I would be done with them.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61] #6306974 05/22/16 02:33 PM
R
RiverRider Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R
In my mind, the key point is that they knew there was a mistake and that the mistake was their own, but seemed unwilling to do whatever it would have taken to rectify the situation. NOT acceptable, and especially when there are so many merchants out there who want you business badly enough to go much, much further to keep it. My confidence in the outfit is severely shaken.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: RiverRider] #6307154 05/22/16 05:51 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: RiverRider
In my mind, the key point is that they knew there was a mistake and that the mistake was their own, but seemed unwilling to do whatever it would have taken to rectify the situation. NOT acceptable, and especially when there are so many merchants out there who want you business badly enough to go much, much further to keep it. My confidence in the outfit is severely shaken.

^^^^^^^^^
THIS!

Based on MY experience they have become extremely arrogant! I realize they have a couple of outstanding employees and because of them they still get quite a bit of business from folks on THF but eventually, if things don't change, they will feel the pain of their arrogance. I wish they would get an attitude adjustment so I could do business with them but unless they do they've lost my business.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide