Forum Stats
60502 Members
45 Forums
476393 Topics
6249551 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#6295283 - 05/11/16 02:10 PM What has happened to SWFA?
Deerhunter61 Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DFW
These guys used the be the first and last place I went for optics! They were ALWAYS professional and helpful in addition to having very good prices. The personel were very knowledgable and seemed to want to make sure you got exactly what you needed. Unfortunately since they've expanded prices have gone up and the people are to say the least petty and rude. The last time I was there I inquired about a new sight they had on their website which the guy helping me said they didn't carry because it was lousy quality. So I inquired about another sight they had in the glass case and when he walked away he mumbled something about how bad the quality the second sight I inquired about was. Ugh! The guy frankly was a jerk. Why in the world would they carry something or advertise something that is a lousy product? I certainly understand that most often you get what you pay for and that products that cost less, tasco vs zeiss, isn't going to perform as well as more expensive optics. Given that, there simply isn't any reason for the lousy attitude and service. No longer are they the first or even second place I shop for optics.

Mel

#6295317 - 05/11/16 02:46 PM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Sorry to hear that.

Skylar isn't going to like learning about this. He's always who I deal with, on the phone, and has always done a bang-up job.

800 Yard Steel Rifle Range
Long Range Shooting Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#6295359 - 05/11/16 03:12 PM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
I have been in several times. I am not one to interact much with the folks working there - as I mainly just go in there to buy something specific or just look around. I have bought several guns there over the past year and have had no issues.

So I have had a fair amount of "observation time". My general impression is not all that great. Pretty nonchalant service overall, sometimes I have witnessed what the OP relates with other customers, etc. Just a general feeling of service ranging from nonchalant to downright dismissive. One gets the idea that the help there is borderline lazy and there is an air of condescension that emanates from them. Not every time or every person there every time, but that's the overall impression I get.

There are pretty obviously "buddies" and/or known customers that the workers are very friendly to/go out of their way to help. To me, that just highlights the lackluster service that others receive.

As most will attest, this atmosphere is unfortunately common at many gun and archery shops. Probably the norm more than the exception. I am not saying that SWFA is overtly unfriendly (I have seen shops that fit in that category too).

But I am always mystified that owners/managers don't drill into their reps' heads that a genuinely friendly demeanor and willingness to relate to customers will sell a lot of merchandise.

#6295386 - 05/11/16 03:23 PM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

But I am always mystified that owners/managers don't drill into their reps' heads that a genuinely friendly demeanor and willingness to relate to customers will sell a lot of merchandise.

Or a service. I've had customers come back a second time, as well as have referred me to their friends. I'm nice, I'm reassuring, and I make it fun. Customer service is of top importance. If I didn't operate the way I do, I'd get lots of bad press and eventually have no more customers. Of course it's easier for me. I don't have any employees to have to wrangle. One employee can make a customer have a bad attitude toward an otherwise good business.

800 Yard Steel Rifle Range
Long Range Shooting Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#6295403 - 05/11/16 03:32 PM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61]
cmorsch Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Midlothian, TX
That part that gets me with them is that they dont have a live inventory or didnt last time I asked. I can walk into the store ask for a item that shows in stock, they go over to their system and say we dont have any of those currently. Yet I can buy one online only to be told after the fact that its back ordered. That is a big reason I look else where most of the time.

#6295885 - 05/11/16 09:07 PM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61]
jhenderson Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: The colony
Last few times I've tried to deal with them I've gone elsewhere. Paid more maybe but got better service. I don't know everything about scopes so I'm usually full of questions. If they don't want to take the time I need to make a purchase there are 100's of other people that will.

#6295898 - 05/11/16 09:21 PM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61]
Cleric Offline
Veteran Tracker

Swfa is over rated by a long shot, crappy customer service

#6296043 - 05/12/16 05:33 AM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61]
patriot07 Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Royse City, TX
I just dealt with Skylar and SWFA last week. Traded in my SWFA 16x42 for an SWFA 3-15x42. He was helpful and answered probably a half dozen questions I had via PM. After I got the trade-in offer online, I drove down to the store to do the physical trade-in and the employee at the store was busy with another customer for about 5-10 minutes. I could tell he was answering a bunch of questions the guy had about several different scopes, and as soon as he had a chance to come help me out, he rushed over and apologized for the wait. He was friendly and helped me find a couple of accessories, and frankly, I was very impressed with the quality of employees that Skylar had hired and trained. I even took the time to PM him afterwards and let him know about my good experience.

Sorry to hear that yours wasn't the same, but I don't think that your issues are a company-wide problem. Maybe one bad employee?

#6296191 - 05/12/16 08:27 AM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: jhenderson]
ZK-315 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Temple...Hunt in Freestone Co.
Originally Posted By: jhenderson
Last few times I've tried to deal with them I've gone elsewhere. Paid more maybe but got better service. I don't know everything about scopes so I'm usually full of questions. If they don't want to take the time I need to make a purchase there are 100's of other people that will.

I have never dealt with SWFA, but this is how a lot of smaller businesses operate. For example, a good buddy of mine has a motorcycle/atv parts business who sells thousands of parts every day. They are primarily an online sales business, but have a small storefront. They do keep a few things in stock, but those items cost them money to keep on the shelf. To keep costs low, they either drop ship straight from manufacturers or have it shipped to their shop, then ship them out. It keeps their overhead costs low so they don't have millions of dollars worth of inventory to keep up with/pay for.

#6296222 - 05/12/16 08:50 AM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61]
SapperTitan Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
Dealt with them multiple times with no issues. I always go through Skylar.

#6296336 - 05/12/16 10:06 AM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Sounds like most of the LGS I've ever been in, sadly.

#6296339 - 05/12/16 10:10 AM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: SapperTitan]
Deerhunter61 Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DFW
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

I think a couple of you are attributing great service from SWFA to a single person, Skyler. I have no doubt that if I dealt with Skyler I'd get good service but I don't know Skyler and my experience when I go to the store or call in has been very poor.

Frankly it's been worse than poor. It's been very disrespectful and condescending. Based on others comments above my experience has been shared by others. This is not a recipe for success....I now think of them in the same way I do Cheaper Than Dirt.

#6296552 - 05/12/16 01:23 PM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks]
Elkhunter49 Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Oak Harbor, Slidell La
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

LGS ???

#6296591 - 05/12/16 01:45 PM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Elkhunter49]
ImTheReasonDovesMourn Offline
Tracker

Loc: Greenville, TX
Originally Posted By: Elkhunter49
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

LGS ???

Local Gnife Store

#6296630 - 05/12/16 02:19 PM Re: What has happened to SWFA? [Re: Deerhunter61]
Cleric Offline
Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

I think a couple of you are attributing great service from SWFA to a single person, Skyler. I have no doubt that if I dealt with Skyler I'd get good service but I don't know Skyler and my experience when I go to the store or call in has been very poor.

Frankly it's been worse than poor. It's been very disrespectful and condescending. Based on others comments above my experience has been shared by others. This is not a recipe for success....I now think of them in the same way I do Cheaper Than Dirt.

And when I asked for skylar I was interrogated. The person said unless skylar could tell me what I wanted to ask him he would not put him on

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide