Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,029
Posts9,719,582
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey #6291473 05/08/16 06:13 PM
U
UNT@2007 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
U
http://www.huntingreport.com/worldupdate.cfm?articleid=768
RINO Chris Christie is jumping aboard the Cecil law bandwagon and is going to approve a ban on importing and possession of African big five trophies, excluding Cape buffalo.

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6291485 05/08/16 06:29 PM
S
skeeter22 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
The term "dumbazz" comes to mind.

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6291683 05/08/16 11:49 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Another excellent reason to not live in New Jersey!!

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6291849 05/09/16 02:24 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Trumps favorite fatman

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6291994 05/09/16 11:10 AM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
And there's a chance he might be the VP running mate. God help us.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6292010 05/09/16 11:54 AM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Politics at its finest. Let's take valuable time away from important issue and discuss animals on another continent. A law which only affects s few New Jersey hunters. Trumps sons hunt Africa maybe it just Christies way of giving Trump the one finger salute. Just when you hoped they would grow up.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6292039 05/09/16 12:34 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Wow the original bill made possession illegal.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6292056 05/09/16 12:46 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I don't see how they can enforce that when Federal law allows a US citizen to bring them in..Christie wanting to change the original bill to allow out of staters to still us the ports for shipping, also seems to be discriminatory against the people of his state.

He could probably really care less, but will hit the democrats for something he wants in return, but consider his previous stance and statement on gun control measures, he is a looser cannon than many think. Comes across as all bad and er thing.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: Western] #6293297 05/10/16 12:26 PM
F
Flags Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted By: Western
I don't see how they can enforce that when Federal law allows a US citizen to bring them in..

Actually, there is a precedence of sorts. CA has special protections in place for Mt Lion and that includes a ban on the importation of Mt Lion trophies taken legally in other states. That means a hunter in CA can go to someplace like CO or UT and legally take a cat on license but cannot cross into CA with the trophy even after it has been mounted. A couple of years ago the director of the CA Game Dept was fired because he went on a successful Mt Lion hunt in another state, which I believe was either ID or OR.

So Christie may be able to pull this off. Ever been to Jersey? I spent an afternoon there once and it felt like it was 6 years. I'll never set foot in that cesspool again.

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6293401 05/10/16 01:43 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Well, it is California, where you can violate federal law buying pot, or win a humanitarian award by harboring illegals. Hate to see Cali as the "bar" for the rest of mentally stable America (for the most part)

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: Flags] #6293819 05/10/16 07:02 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Flags
I don't see how they can enforce that when Federal law allows a US citizen to bring them in..

Actually, there is a precedence of sorts. CA has special protections in place for Mt Lion and that includes a ban on the importation of Mt Lion trophies taken legally in other states. That means a hunter in CA can go to someplace like CO or UT and legally take a cat on license but cannot cross into CA with the trophy even after it has been mounted. A couple of years ago the director of the CA Game Dept was fired because he went on a successful Mt Lion hunt in another state, which I believe was either ID or OR.

So Christie may be able to pull this off. Ever been to Jersey? I spent an afternoon there once and it felt like it was 6 years. I'll never set foot in that cesspool again.

He lost his job over popular opinion.

To my knowledge state of Cali has yet to act on the law. SCI was very vocal on this basically saying they would pay the defense fee. Infact Think Cali made some changes to the law.

Would be interesting to see if they have every enforced it

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6294066 05/10/16 09:32 PM
F
Flags Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

To my knowledge state of Cali has yet to act on the law. SCI was very vocal on this basically saying they would pay the defense fee. Infact Think Cali made some changes to the law.

But he was fired wasn't he? And the reason for it was the special classification of an animal that is not endangered, has never been endangered and is on open license in most western states. If CA can do that then NJ can do what this thread is talking about. Like I said, precedence.

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6294442 05/11/16 01:37 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Just another libturd pandering to the PC crowd.....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: Flags] #6296206 05/12/16 01:41 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

But he was fired wasn't he? And the reason for it was the special classification of an animal that is not endangered, has never been endangered and is on open license in most western states. If CA can do that then NJ can do what this thread is talking about. Like I said, precedence.

It was an appointed position. Reason was popular opinion same popular opinion that closed Mountaion lion season and banned hound bear hunting.

Cristi could ban and prohibit those animals from entering his state, Texas could to. Question isn't what is or isn't passed its wither it will with stand litigation.

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6298349 05/14/16 01:15 PM
F
Flags Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Question isn't what is or isn't passed its wither it will with stand litigation.

So far CA's ban on Mtn Lion has stood when challenged. Even SCI couldn't get it reversed and they've tried a couple of times. Never discount the stupidity of the courts in LIB states. Like I asked earlier: You ever been to NJ? Go there sometime and see just how out of touch those idiots are. Same can be said for MA, CT, and RI as well.

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6299067 05/15/16 03:13 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Been to NJ and NY a bunch.

Has there been a case where CA has came an confiscated someone's legally killed cat mount?

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: Western] #6299368 05/15/16 09:05 PM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
Well, it is California, where you can violate federal law buying pot, or win a humanitarian award by harboring illegals. Hate to see Cali as the "bar" for the rest of mentally stable America (for the most part)
hell the federal government and the attorney general are giving America bathroom protocol.

Big Beckett!!
Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6300222 05/16/16 04:00 PM
F
Flags Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Been to NJ and NY a bunch.

Has there been a case where CA has came an confiscated someone's legally killed cat mount?

You can't even bring the mounts into the state. They are listed as a "prohibited" item. The only exception for trophies is for cats killed prior to 1990. Note the following:

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Mammals/Mountain-Lion

Quote:
The passage of the California Wildlife Protection Act of 1990 (Proposition 117) by California voters established that mountain lions are a specially protected mammal in California, and that it is unlawful to possess, transport, import or sell any mountain lion or part or product thereof (including taxidermy mounts). An exception to this law exists for possessing or selling taxidermied mountain lions or mountain lion parts:

No person may sell or possess any mountain lion, part or product thereof, unless he is in possession of a valid, nontransferable permit issued by the department. A permit shall be issued by the department only to:

any person who can demonstrate that the mountain lion, part or product thereof, was in his possession on or before June 6, 1990
; or

a nonprofit museum or government-owned facility generally open to the public, or an educational institution, for display, exhibition, or storage, for a bona fide scientific or educational purpose as determined by the department. Permits shall be made available to department employees for inspection upon request and may be revoked by the department for failure to comply with the terms of the permit, this section, or Section 4800 of the Fish and Game Code. Any person issued a permit or a tag from the department for a mountain lion, or part or product thereof, prior to January 1, 2014, shall not be required to obtain a new permit, provided he maintains and makes available his existing permit or tag upon request of a department employee.

Even if the cat is legally killed someone in CA can't bring so much as a whisker into the state legally.

Last edited by Flags; 05/16/16 04:02 PM.
Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6302976 05/18/16 09:09 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Like I said has there been a prosecution for it?

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007] #6302998 05/18/16 09:22 PM
G
gary roberson Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
And he could be Trump's VP pick....
Adios,
Gary

Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6303560 05/19/16 12:07 PM
F
Flags Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Like I said has there been a prosecution for it?

Don't know. Do a google search and answer your own question if it is that important to know. That wasn't part of anything I said anyways. I merely said there is a precedence for a state banning the import of trophies taken legally elsewhere. If you want specifics, look them up for yourself. I have no interest in doing so because I will never set foot in either NJ or CA ever again so I really don't care what those cesspools do within their own borders. My days of hunting Africa are over so I will not be impacted.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide