Forum Stats
60466 Members
45 Forums
476058 Topics
6244950 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6291473 - 05/08/16 01:13 PM Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey
UNT@2007 Offline
Light Foot

http://www.huntingreport.com/worldupdate.cfm?articleid=768
RINO Chris Christie is jumping aboard the Cecil law bandwagon and is going to approve a ban on importing and possession of African big five trophies, excluding Cape buffalo.

#6291485 - 05/08/16 01:29 PM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007]
skeeter22 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Lake Highlands, Brady
The term "dumbazz" comes to mind.

#6291683 - 05/08/16 06:49 PM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007]
EddieWalker Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Tyler, TX
Another excellent reason to not live in New Jersey!!

#6291849 - 05/08/16 09:24 PM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007]
ducknbass Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Trumps favorite fatman

#6291994 - 05/09/16 06:10 AM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007]
decook Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Montgomery, TX USA
And there's a chance he might be the VP running mate. God help us.

#6292010 - 05/09/16 06:54 AM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007]
SheepHunter Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: East Texas
Politics at its finest. Let's take valuable time away from important issue and discuss animals on another continent. A law which only affects s few New Jersey hunters. Trumps sons hunt Africa maybe it just Christies way of giving Trump the one finger salute. Just when you hoped they would grow up.

#6292039 - 05/09/16 07:34 AM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007]
BOBO the Clown Online   content
decoy

Loc: Metroplex
Wow the original bill made possession illegal.

#6292056 - 05/09/16 07:46 AM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007]
Western Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
I don't see how they can enforce that when Federal law allows a US citizen to bring them in..Christie wanting to change the original bill to allow out of staters to still us the ports for shipping, also seems to be discriminatory against the people of his state.

He could probably really care less, but will hit the democrats for something he wants in return, but consider his previous stance and statement on gun control measures, he is a looser cannon than many think. Comes across as all bad and er thing.

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#6293297 - 05/10/16 07:26 AM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: Western]
Flags Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Athens, TX
Originally Posted By: Western
I don't see how they can enforce that when Federal law allows a US citizen to bring them in..

Actually, there is a precedence of sorts. CA has special protections in place for Mt Lion and that includes a ban on the importation of Mt Lion trophies taken legally in other states. That means a hunter in CA can go to someplace like CO or UT and legally take a cat on license but cannot cross into CA with the trophy even after it has been mounted. A couple of years ago the director of the CA Game Dept was fired because he went on a successful Mt Lion hunt in another state, which I believe was either ID or OR.

So Christie may be able to pull this off. Ever been to Jersey? I spent an afternoon there once and it felt like it was 6 years. I'll never set foot in that cesspool again.

#6293401 - 05/10/16 08:43 AM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007]
Western Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
Well, it is California, where you can violate federal law buying pot, or win a humanitarian award by harboring illegals. Hate to see Cali as the "bar" for the rest of mentally stable America (for the most part)

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#6293819 - 05/10/16 02:02 PM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: Flags]
decoy

Originally Posted By: Flags
I don't see how they can enforce that when Federal law allows a US citizen to bring them in..

Actually, there is a precedence of sorts. CA has special protections in place for Mt Lion and that includes a ban on the importation of Mt Lion trophies taken legally in other states. That means a hunter in CA can go to someplace like CO or UT and legally take a cat on license but cannot cross into CA with the trophy even after it has been mounted. A couple of years ago the director of the CA Game Dept was fired because he went on a successful Mt Lion hunt in another state, which I believe was either ID or OR.

So Christie may be able to pull this off. Ever been to Jersey? I spent an afternoon there once and it felt like it was 6 years. I'll never set foot in that cesspool again.

He lost his job over popular opinion.

To my knowledge state of Cali has yet to act on the law. SCI was very vocal on this basically saying they would pay the defense fee. Infact Think Cali made some changes to the law.

Would be interesting to see if they have every enforced it

#6294066 - 05/10/16 04:32 PM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: BOBO the Clown]
Flags Offline
Woodsman

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

To my knowledge state of Cali has yet to act on the law. SCI was very vocal on this basically saying they would pay the defense fee. Infact Think Cali made some changes to the law.

But he was fired wasn't he? And the reason for it was the special classification of an animal that is not endangered, has never been endangered and is on open license in most western states. If CA can do that then NJ can do what this thread is talking about. Like I said, precedence.

#6294442 - 05/10/16 08:37 PM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: UNT@2007]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Fairfield, TX
Just another libturd pandering to the PC crowd.....

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#6296206 - 05/12/16 08:41 AM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: Flags]
decoy

But he was fired wasn't he? And the reason for it was the special classification of an animal that is not endangered, has never been endangered and is on open license in most western states. If CA can do that then NJ can do what this thread is talking about. Like I said, precedence.

It was an appointed position. Reason was popular opinion same popular opinion that closed Mountaion lion season and banned hound bear hunting.

Cristi could ban and prohibit those animals from entering his state, Texas could to. Question isn't what is or isn't passed its wither it will with stand litigation.

#6298349 - 05/14/16 08:15 AM Re: Christie to approve big five trophy import ban for New Jersey [Re: BOBO the Clown]
Flags Offline
Woodsman

Question isn't what is or isn't passed its wither it will with stand litigation.

So far CA's ban on Mtn Lion has stood when challenged. Even SCI couldn't get it reversed and they've tried a couple of times. Never discount the stupidity of the courts in LIB states. Like I asked earlier: You ever been to NJ? Go there sometime and see just how out of touch those idiots are. Same can be said for MA, CT, and RI as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide