Print Thread
Changes in Hunting and Social Media #6288179 05/05/16 04:30 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
See more and more activity from reputable Guides, Outfitters and Hunters moving in different Directions toward Instagram and other means of reaching a viable audience. Seems numbers and traffic are slowing on Blogs and other Forums due to covering repetitive issues.

Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6288214 05/05/16 04:56 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I was shocked at how many gun, hunting and fishing accounts there are Instagram.

It could also be that a guide promoting its business on a non-hunting platform, such as Instagram or Facebook, reaches a much wider audience more easily.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: Duck_Hunter] #6288218 05/05/16 04:59 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
I was shocked at how many gun, hunting and fishing accounts there are Instagram.

It could also be that a guide promoting its business on a non-hunting platform, such as Instagram or Facebook, reaches a much wider audience more easily.

Great platform and easy access to the activities and keeps the chatter and rhetoric to a minimum and broadens the reach of the Outfit ...IMHO

Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6288273 05/05/16 05:54 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I hear about that all the time, the tech stuff, but I wouldn't know one thing about a tweet,, facebook and such, don't even know what instagram is, but heard of it.

Makes sense, especially for a small business, or non-store front type thing to use any means available, especially if the cost's are minimal. Return for investment STS

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: Western] #6288386 05/05/16 08:01 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Western
I hear about that all the time, the tech stuff, but I wouldn't know one thing about a tweet,, facebook and such, don't even know what instagram is, but heard of it.

Makes sense, especially for a small business, or non-store front type thing to use any means available, especially if the cost's are minimal. Return for investment STS

Throw me in this group.

My wife shows me pictures of stuff on facebook my/her family and friends do, but I don't know the first thing about it or any of the other ones.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6288558 05/05/16 09:49 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Great platform and easy access to the activities and keeps the chatter and rhetoric to a minimum and broadens the reach of the Outfit ...IMHO

Agree. People don't comment on it as much as FB and Twitter, which makes it better, in my opinion. Big help for promoting small businesses.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6289210 05/06/16 12:48 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
I'm not on Twitter or Instagram, but love Facebook. Especially Facebook Groups that deal with hunting. I've found some really interesting hunts on there, and began communicating with half a dozen outfitters that I would have never come into contact before. Kind of like the Outfitter section here, but a lot better!!! For anybody looking to travel and hunt, it's the best thing out there.

Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6290039 05/07/16 12:09 AM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Social media is the way to go to advertise to the Millennial's, that generation is hyper connected. Traditional web forums are just a sliver of what is out there to reach an audience. Many companies, including outfitters, are using all forms of digital media - websites, web banner ads, emails, apps, social, mobile web, etc to reach their potential clients.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: Halfadozen] #6290088 05/07/16 12:50 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
Social media is the way to go to advertise to the Millennial's, that generation is hyper connected. Traditional web forums are just a sliver of what is out there to reach an audience. Many companies, including outfitters, are using all forms of digital media - websites, web banner ads, emails, apps, social, mobile web, etc to reach their potential clients.

Not just the Millennial's, there is a growing number of old farts getting into social media too.

Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6296021 05/12/16 06:20 AM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
We have had a post on here for awhile now and had a few thousand views, same post wih same pictures on our facebook page has 53k views and climbing daily. There is almost 59k users here. We have almost passed that number in less than 2 weeks on Facebook vs double that time frame here. We dont have twitter or anything else due to being so much to manage with little time right now but whatever helps sell hunts and keep clinets happy we will continue to do.

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6296041 05/12/16 10:19 AM
K
Kingsview Safaris Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
It certainly is an easier and cheaper means of advertising, especially as an Outfitter. Granted it does leave you vulnerable to attack by antis, especially on Facebook but we have received a few inquiries from non-hunters wanting to get involved just from what they have seen on social media. Portrayed in the right light and handled correctly, social media can be a real asset to ones business.

Jono and Justine McHugh
Eastern Cape, South Africa
www.kingsviewsafaris.co.za
Listen to our Podcast: Round The Fire With Kingsview Safaris
Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: Kingsview Safaris] #6297108 05/13/16 01:48 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Kingsview Safaris
It certainly is an easier and cheaper means of advertising, especially as an Outfitter. Granted it does leave you vulnerable to attack by antis, especially on Facebook but we have received a few inquiries from non-hunters wanting to get involved just from what they have seen on social media. Portrayed in the right light and handled correctly, social media can be a real asset to ones business.

Are you guys on Instagram

Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: skinnerback] #6300363 05/16/16 05:24 PM
R
RossCravens Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen

Not just the Millennial's, there is a growing number of old farts getting into social media too.

You can say that again...I remember when I would talk to my dad about something on Facebook and the response was something along the lines of "the do-dad facespace nonsense blah blah blah"...Now I have to have talks with him about slowing down his Facebook presence because he posts waaaay too much. Mostly political stuff but the point is he is always on there!

As far as the OP, social media is where our country has been headed for a long time, not just for the hunting world, but across all industries and businesses. It is just the way of the future. There is no doubt though, THF is the only place to go for hunting entertainment and education!!!

Gig 'Em

Ross Cravens
Class of '10

"From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it."
Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6302105 05/18/16 01:57 AM
N
NDN98 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I have had Facebook for several years, but have recently got into Instagram. I love following the hunting/guide pages on there and viewing the pictures they post. There are a lot of good ones to follow.

Last edited by NDN98; 05/18/16 01:58 AM.
Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6302145 05/18/16 02:29 AM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I held out on Instagram for long time but it quickly became my go to for hunting stories and pics.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: TexFlip] #6302181 05/18/16 03:01 AM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: TexFlip
I held out on Instagram for long time but it quickly became my go to for hunting stories and pics.

Guess I am too dumb to figure it out. I look through it sometimes and like to see the pictures, but don't see many stories or advice on there, the descriptions I have seen are relatively short. Also, I don't see a good way to get reviews and guides.

With all the different media outlets, I can see good and bad to all of them. Personally (and obviously), I prefer this forum but I can see the good and bad to it also.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6302308 05/18/16 11:17 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
FB is the next step for advertising for me. I suspect it will more than double my business.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: BBD84] #6302979 05/18/16 09:09 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: BBD84
We have had a post on here for awhile now and had a few thousand views, same post wih same pictures on our facebook page has 53k views and climbing daily. There is almost 59k users here. We have almost passed that number in less than 2 weeks on Facebook vs double that time frame here. We dont have twitter or anything else due to being so much to manage with little time right now but whatever helps sell hunts and keep clinets happy we will continue to do.

Has the 50,000+ FB views increased the number of clients?

Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB] #6303481 05/19/16 06:27 AM
K
Kingsview Safaris Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Originally Posted By: Kingsview Safaris

Are you guys on Instagram

To be honest I don't think I have ever considered it. We will look into though.

Jono and Justine McHugh
Eastern Cape, South Africa
www.kingsviewsafaris.co.za
Listen to our Podcast: Round The Fire With Kingsview Safaris
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide