6244640 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6288179 - 05/05/16 11:30 AM Changes in Hunting and Social Media
SniperRAB Online   content
GRAMPS!!!

Loc: Nurturing Biosphere Mothership
See more and more activity from reputable Guides, Outfitters and Hunters moving in different Directions toward Instagram and other means of reaching a viable audience. Seems numbers and traffic are slowing on Blogs and other Forums due to covering repetitive issues.

#6288214 - 05/05/16 11:56 AM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB]
Duck_Hunter Online   content
Veteran Tracker

I was shocked at how many gun, hunting and fishing accounts there are Instagram.

It could also be that a guide promoting its business on a non-hunting platform, such as Instagram or Facebook, reaches a much wider audience more easily.

#6288218 - 05/05/16 11:59 AM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: Duck_Hunter]
GRAMPS!!!

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
I was shocked at how many gun, hunting and fishing accounts there are Instagram.

It could also be that a guide promoting its business on a non-hunting platform, such as Instagram or Facebook, reaches a much wider audience more easily.

Great platform and easy access to the activities and keeps the chatter and rhetoric to a minimum and broadens the reach of the Outfit ...IMHO

#6288273 - 05/05/16 12:54 PM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB]
Western Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
I hear about that all the time, the tech stuff, but I wouldn't know one thing about a tweet,, facebook and such, don't even know what instagram is, but heard of it.

Makes sense, especially for a small business, or non-store front type thing to use any means available, especially if the cost's are minimal. Return for investment STS

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#6288386 - 05/05/16 03:01 PM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: Western]
redchevy Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Western
I hear about that all the time, the tech stuff, but I wouldn't know one thing about a tweet,, facebook and such, don't even know what instagram is, but heard of it.

Makes sense, especially for a small business, or non-store front type thing to use any means available, especially if the cost's are minimal. Return for investment STS

Throw me in this group.

My wife shows me pictures of stuff on facebook my/her family and friends do, but I don't know the first thing about it or any of the other ones.

#6288558 - 05/05/16 04:49 PM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB]
Duck_Hunter Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Great platform and easy access to the activities and keeps the chatter and rhetoric to a minimum and broadens the reach of the Outfit ...IMHO

Agree. People don't comment on it as much as FB and Twitter, which makes it better, in my opinion. Big help for promoting small businesses.

#6289210 - 05/06/16 07:48 AM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB]
EddieWalker Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Tyler, TX
I'm not on Twitter or Instagram, but love Facebook. Especially Facebook Groups that deal with hunting. I've found some really interesting hunts on there, and began communicating with half a dozen outfitters that I would have never come into contact before. Kind of like the Outfitter section here, but a lot better!!! For anybody looking to travel and hunt, it's the best thing out there.

#6290039 - 05/06/16 07:09 PM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB]
Halfadozen Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Parker County
Social media is the way to go to advertise to the Millennial's, that generation is hyper connected. Traditional web forums are just a sliver of what is out there to reach an audience. Many companies, including outfitters, are using all forms of digital media - websites, web banner ads, emails, apps, social, mobile web, etc to reach their potential clients.

#6290088 - 05/06/16 07:50 PM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: Halfadozen]
skinnerback Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Rockport, Tx.
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
Social media is the way to go to advertise to the Millennial's, that generation is hyper connected. Traditional web forums are just a sliver of what is out there to reach an audience. Many companies, including outfitters, are using all forms of digital media - websites, web banner ads, emails, apps, social, mobile web, etc to reach their potential clients.

Not just the Millennial's, there is a growing number of old farts getting into social media too.

#6296021 - 05/12/16 01:20 AM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB]
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Houston & Buffalo
We have had a post on here for awhile now and had a few thousand views, same post wih same pictures on our facebook page has 53k views and climbing daily. There is almost 59k users here. We have almost passed that number in less than 2 weeks on Facebook vs double that time frame here. We dont have twitter or anything else due to being so much to manage with little time right now but whatever helps sell hunts and keep clinets happy we will continue to do.

#6296041 - 05/12/16 05:19 AM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB]
Kingsview Safaris Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Eastern Cape, South Africa
It certainly is an easier and cheaper means of advertising, especially as an Outfitter. Granted it does leave you vulnerable to attack by antis, especially on Facebook but we have received a few inquiries from non-hunters wanting to get involved just from what they have seen on social media. Portrayed in the right light and handled correctly, social media can be a real asset to ones business.

#6297108 - 05/12/16 08:48 PM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: Kingsview Safaris]
GRAMPS!!!

Originally Posted By: Kingsview Safaris
It certainly is an easier and cheaper means of advertising, especially as an Outfitter. Granted it does leave you vulnerable to attack by antis, especially on Facebook but we have received a few inquiries from non-hunters wanting to get involved just from what they have seen on social media. Portrayed in the right light and handled correctly, social media can be a real asset to ones business.

Are you guys on Instagram

#6300363 - 05/16/16 12:24 PM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: skinnerback]
RossCravens Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen

Not just the Millennial's, there is a growing number of old farts getting into social media too.

You can say that again...I remember when I would talk to my dad about something on Facebook and the response was something along the lines of "the do-dad facespace nonsense blah blah blah"...Now I have to have talks with him about slowing down his Facebook presence because he posts waaaay too much. Mostly political stuff but the point is he is always on there!

As far as the OP, social media is where our country has been headed for a long time, not just for the hunting world, but across all industries and businesses. It is just the way of the future. There is no doubt though, THF is the only place to go for hunting entertainment and education!!!

Ross Cravens
Class of '10

"From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it."

#6302105 - 05/17/16 08:57 PM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB]
NDN98 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: McKinney, TX
I have had Facebook for several years, but have recently got into Instagram. I love following the hunting/guide pages on there and viewing the pictures they post. There are a lot of good ones to follow.

Edited by NDN98 (05/17/16 08:58 PM)

#6302145 - 05/17/16 09:29 PM Re: Changes in Hunting and Social Media [Re: SniperRAB]
TexFlip Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Harris County
I held out on Instagram for long time but it quickly became my go to for hunting stories and pics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide