Print Thread
Wally Walk #6278829 04/28/16 04:06 PM
N
Nitro27 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
N
Where/When was the first time you carried your CCW in public ? I am interested in your experiences/observations .

Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6278871 04/28/16 04:42 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
During the waiting time between applying for my license and getting it I read everything I could find on the internet about CCW. I read an article about your first time or two to carry, and that was the first time I heard of the "Walmart Walk", That plan sounded as good as any to me so the day my license came in I put it in my wallet, strapped my pistol on and went to Walmart.

Though I was very nerves it was uneventful. Although it is called the Walmart walk I cant see why it would not work in any public place, Walmart is just a universally known and most people frequently visit there.

It did not take long to get use to carrying and now it is very much like the American Express Card, I never leave home without it (especially Walmart).

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6278879 04/28/16 04:48 PM
N
Nitro27 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
N
I Just did the same search. This is the first time i have ever heard of the wally walk. I figured most experiences were just as yours was. Although i am sure someone has a funny one.

Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6278894 04/28/16 05:04 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Nitro27
I Just did the same search. This is the first time i have ever heard of the wally walk. I figured most experiences were just as yours was. Although i am sure someone has a funny one.

If you have not carried before you will be nervous (I think it was worse when I did it because we could not even print), You will be wondering who is watching, can they see, am I printing...., When you get the comfortable holster and carry even a short time you will get to where you don't even think about it.

The trick is to not look nervous even though you are.

good luck to ya and congrats on getting your LTC.

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6286402 05/04/16 01:41 PM
M
modelt3 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I've never heard of the wally walk before, but that's the first place I carried when I got my chl years ago. Uneventful, but nerve racking for me.

Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6287639 05/05/16 04:02 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Well this is about the dumbest thing I've read. What's the big deal with carrying concealed? Where it like a watch, you think anybody ever checks out your watch? No. Most people are so oblivious to things around they aren't watching your hips

Re: Wally Walk [Re: BigPig] #6288041 05/05/16 02:48 PM
M
modelt3 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: BigPig
Well this is about the dumbest thing I've read. What's the big deal with carrying concealed? Where it like a watch, you think anybody ever checks out your watch? No. Most people are so oblivious to things around they aren't watching your hips

Comparing a handgun to a watch? Really? I agree most people are oblivious, but if you trap your Glock to your wrist the next you go out, people will notice. And if you were not apprehensive or nervous the first time you carried concealed, then you are certainly in the minority.

Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6289100 05/06/16 05:19 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
My comment about wearing it like a watch wasn't meant to literally put it on your wrist. That was a reference meaning it's something you put on and you don't think about it.

Re: Wally Walk [Re: BigPig] #6289407 05/06/16 03:01 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

My agency and most other large departments with real intercity gang problems, train officers to recognize through kinesic subconscious movements, if a person is carrying a concealed handgun. It doesn't work on people who carry one frequently though. Very common in agencies in the northeastern part of the country. Virtually unheard of by smaller and rural agencies in Texas. People carrying who don't usually do it, just can't help but make some of these indicators.

Re: Wally Walk [Re: BigPig] #6289500 05/06/16 04:24 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: ntxtrapper

My agency and most other large departments with real intercity gang problems, train officers to recognize through kinesic subconscious movements, if a person is carrying a concealed handgun. It doesn't work on people who carry one frequently though. Very common in agencies in the northeastern part of the country. Virtually unheard of by smaller and rural agencies in Texas. People carrying who don't usually do it, just can't help but make some of these indicators.

Hummmm I never herd of someone going to Jail, for there wrist watch printing, or showing. confused2

Thank You
Robert

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6289937 05/06/16 10:21 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Really???^^^^^

Re: Wally Walk [Re: ntxtrapper] #6290240 05/07/16 03:22 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

This is true, but a lot of that has to do with a guilty conscience also. When people know they are committing or have just committed a crime, they have involuntary movements that LEO's learn to recognize. It's often referred to as the "felony stretch."

Re: Wally Walk [Re: rdhibbs] #6290241 05/07/16 03:23 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

Hummmm I never herd of someone going to Jail, for there wrist watch printing, or showing. confused2

It's dense in here rolleyes

Re: Wally Walk [Re: rdhibbs] #6291967 05/09/16 08:48 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

Bless your heart...

Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6293214 05/10/16 06:54 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6294094 05/10/16 09:54 PM
S
sweetwood Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6294681 05/11/16 06:44 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Yes but that would constitute about five minutes of an eight hour class on the subject.

Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6296462 05/12/16 05:04 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Had some woman take a picture of me yesterday at the car wash while OCing. Heard the Iphone camera and turned around to find a camera pointed right at me and the young lady trying to silence it and put her phone away quickly. Just stood there and smiled, then went about my business. I think she was pretty embarrassed.

Re: Wally Walk [Re: BigPig] #6297180 05/13/16 03:07 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

This is true, but a lot of that has to do with a guilty conscience also. When people know they are committing or have just committed a crime, they have involuntary movements that LEO's learn to recognize. It's often referred to as the "felony stretch."

Yep. I carried at the Greek Festival in Houston this afternoon and I was probably printing at some point. There were at least 8 Police officers within close proximity. I even offered a bottle of water to one as I was leaving. Since I carry often and had a license, none of the officers, including the one that I offered the water to not only didn't shoot me down, he thanked me and declined saying that the folks at the festival were taking good care of him. It was hot today with no wind. He did however take one of the cookies that I offered. grin

I imagine if I was casting furtive glances all around with a worried and afraid look upon my face things might have been different. Instead, we gorged ourselves on Greek food and had a great time. up

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27] #6306729 05/22/16 02:39 AM
fgdn Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
rolleyes

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting.......holy kaka.....What a Ride!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide