6246586 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6278829 - 04/28/16 11:06 AM Wally Walk
Nitro27 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Terrell,TX
Where/When was the first time you carried your CCW in public ? I am interested in your experiences/observations .

#6278871 - 04/28/16 11:42 AM Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27]
rdhibbs Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Dumas TX
During the waiting time between applying for my license and getting it I read everything I could find on the internet about CCW. I read an article about your first time or two to carry, and that was the first time I heard of the "Walmart Walk", That plan sounded as good as any to me so the day my license came in I put it in my wallet, strapped my pistol on and went to Walmart.

Though I was very nerves it was uneventful. Although it is called the Walmart walk I cant see why it would not work in any public place, Walmart is just a universally known and most people frequently visit there.

It did not take long to get use to carrying and now it is very much like the American Express Card, I never leave home without it (especially Walmart).

#6278879 - 04/28/16 11:48 AM Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27]
Nitro27 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Terrell,TX
I Just did the same search. This is the first time i have ever heard of the wally walk. I figured most experiences were just as yours was. Although i am sure someone has a funny one.

#6278894 - 04/28/16 12:04 PM Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27]
rdhibbs Online   content
Bird Dog

Originally Posted By: Nitro27
I Just did the same search. This is the first time i have ever heard of the wally walk. I figured most experiences were just as yours was. Although i am sure someone has a funny one.

If you have not carried before you will be nervous (I think it was worse when I did it because we could not even print), You will be wondering who is watching, can they see, am I printing...., When you get the comfortable holster and carry even a short time you will get to where you don't even think about it.

The trick is to not look nervous even though you are.

good luck to ya and congrats on getting your LTC.

#6286402 - 05/04/16 08:41 AM Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27]
modelt3 Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Krum, TX
I've never heard of the wally walk before, but that's the first place I carried when I got my chl years ago. Uneventful, but nerve racking for me.

#6287639 - 05/04/16 11:02 PM Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27]
BigPig Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Forney, Tx
Well this is about the dumbest thing I've read. What's the big deal with carrying concealed? Where it like a watch, you think anybody ever checks out your watch? No. Most people are so oblivious to things around they aren't watching your hips

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Enjoy it while you can. One day you might be complaining about NOT getting random pop-ups in the morning. grin

#6288041 - 05/05/16 09:48 AM Re: Wally Walk [Re: BigPig]
modelt3 Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Krum, TX
Originally Posted By: BigPig
Well this is about the dumbest thing I've read. What's the big deal with carrying concealed? Where it like a watch, you think anybody ever checks out your watch? No. Most people are so oblivious to things around they aren't watching your hips

Comparing a handgun to a watch? Really? I agree most people are oblivious, but if you trap your Glock to your wrist the next you go out, people will notice. And if you were not apprehensive or nervous the first time you carried concealed, then you are certainly in the minority.

#6289100 - 05/06/16 12:19 AM Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27]
BigPig Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

My comment about wearing it like a watch wasn't meant to literally put it on your wrist. That was a reference meaning it's something you put on and you don't think about it.

Enjoy it while you can. One day you might be complaining about NOT getting random pop-ups in the morning. grin

#6289407 - 05/06/16 10:01 AM Re: Wally Walk [Re: BigPig]
ntxtrapper Offline
Tracker

Loc: Fort Worth

My agency and most other large departments with real intercity gang problems, train officers to recognize through kinesic subconscious movements, if a person is carrying a concealed handgun. It doesn't work on people who carry one frequently though. Very common in agencies in the northeastern part of the country. Virtually unheard of by smaller and rural agencies in Texas. People carrying who don't usually do it, just can't help but make some of these indicators.

#6289500 - 05/06/16 11:24 AM Re: Wally Walk [Re: BigPig]
rdhibbs Online   content
Bird Dog

Originally Posted By: ntxtrapper

My agency and most other large departments with real intercity gang problems, train officers to recognize through kinesic subconscious movements, if a person is carrying a concealed handgun. It doesn't work on people who carry one frequently though. Very common in agencies in the northeastern part of the country. Virtually unheard of by smaller and rural agencies in Texas. People carrying who don't usually do it, just can't help but make some of these indicators.

Hummmm I never herd of someone going to Jail, for there wrist watch printing, or showing. confused2

#6289937 - 05/06/16 05:21 PM Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27]
Cool Mo D Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: E. TX.
Really???^^^^^

#6290240 - 05/06/16 10:22 PM Re: Wally Walk [Re: ntxtrapper]
BigPig Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

This is true, but a lot of that has to do with a guilty conscience also. When people know they are committing or have just committed a crime, they have involuntary movements that LEO's learn to recognize. It's often referred to as the "felony stretch."

#6290241 - 05/06/16 10:23 PM Re: Wally Walk [Re: rdhibbs]
BigPig Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

Hummmm I never herd of someone going to Jail, for there wrist watch printing, or showing. confused2

It's dense in here rolleyes

#6291967 - 05/09/16 03:48 AM Re: Wally Walk [Re: rdhibbs]
ntxtrapper Offline
Tracker

Loc: Fort Worth
Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

Bless your heart...

#6293214 - 05/10/16 01:54 AM Re: Wally Walk [Re: Nitro27]
BigPig Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide