The boat as it was when I bought it
Stripping begins. The wood behind the blue aluminum on transom was rotted some.
The new improved trailer. I replaced the tongue with a longer piece. replaced the 1-7/8" coupler with a 2' one. New leaf springs. Axle was good. New winch. Not shown are side rails I installed. Also this trailer has the detach point where the tongue meets the main frame. I can pull a pin and the frame lifts up so the boat can be launched at unorthodox "ramps"
I welded steps on the rear for ease in getting in and out. New deck welded in with a new latch lid.
Switch panel plate is on the rear left in this pic. All wood is gone in the transom and new aluminum is welded in to beef it up. Also I welded plates over the 2 v crimps on the sides so the wire and fuel line will be hidden.
new heavy duty deck with the lid. The base coat is on. It will be Nat Gear camo pattern. Gator Glide is going on the bottom this weekend and then I will stencil in the camo
The horse is still in the stall. Backwater 23 lite longtail. Will post more pics as it progresses. I'm in the roofing business here in DFW and the hail has us busy as bees.