Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott #6271049 04/22/16 01:24 PM
B
Bowman24 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
Go to https://www.change.org/p/greg-abbott-fir...;utm_medium=sms

This petition is going around to assure that landowners and hunters are not treated in a "Hitler" type of way anymore. Very sad how all this went down. No science was involved just a pure massacre.

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6271060 04/22/16 01:33 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Signed

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6271281 04/22/16 03:57 PM
D
Dalee7892 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Sent

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6271298 04/22/16 04:12 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
So what did Carter Smith decide in this closed door meeting that we're gonna fire him for? confused2

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6271313 04/22/16 04:21 PM
P
poisonivie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I'll be needing a little more info first.

Pee on Photobucket
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6271470 04/22/16 06:01 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted By: Bowman24
Go to https://www.change.org/p/greg-abbott-fir...;utm_medium=sms

This petition is going around to assure that landowners and hunters are not treated in a "Hitler" type of way anymore. Very sad how all this went down. No science was involved just a pure massacre.

Hitler? Really?

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6271478 04/22/16 06:05 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I know a couple of large ranch owners that have no respect for the way TPWD goes about things. All my interactions have been pleasant enough, but I ain't no large land owner.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: dkershen] #6271493 04/22/16 06:16 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: dkershen
So what did Carter Smith decide in this closed door meeting that we're gonna fire him for? confused2

There is no reason to look for the answer, Dave. There is a petition - on the internet - therefore, Satan himself is running TPWD. scared

Like you, I need more details before signing anything.

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: poisonivie] #6271652 04/22/16 08:37 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: poisonivie
I'll be needing a little more info first.

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6271680 04/22/16 08:58 PM
S
SingleShot85 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
was happy to sign....

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6271684 04/22/16 08:59 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Must be about one of those captive deer breeder CWD messes. I see a bunch of headless deer carcasses in the picture.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: HuntnFly67] #6272470 04/23/16 04:31 PM
E
Eland Slayer Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67

There is no reason to look for the answer, Dave. There is a petition - on the internet - therefore, Satan himself is running TPWD. scared

Basically, TPWD acted completely irresponsibly and had a knee-jerk reaction to the discovery of CWD in a private deer herd (long after it was known to exist in free-range mule deer in west Texas, with almost no reaction by TPWD). Instead of holding public meetings where the public could weigh-in on the decisions being made....TPWD made executive decisions resulting in the slaughter of hundreds (possibly thousands by now) of privately held whitetail deer with absolutely NO SCIENCE WHATSOEVER to support their decisions. Their actions have trampled Texas private property rights, and they are literally bankrupting people as we speak.

TPWD has gotten way too big for its britches, and needs to be knocked down a peg or ten. They need to be reminded that THEY WORK FOR US, not the other way around...we pay their salaries (along with the countless thousands of people who buy out-of-state licenses to hunt on these so called "evil high fenced ranches"). Therefore, we the people deserve to have a say in what happens in the hunting industry....not have it dictated to us.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6272505 04/23/16 05:20 PM
K
Kawabuggy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
If any of you think that anything any of us do will ever have any bearing on a branch of government-be it state, or federal, you are either blind, or stupid.

The idea that "we" have any rights what-so-ever is either laughable, or sad, or some combination of the two.

You go right on and sign your petitions, and they will keep right on doing whatever the heck they please. I get it, you want to have hope, or some belief that your concerns matter. I understand where you are coming from, and again I state-laughable.

A hog is nothing more than a bullet receptacle.
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Eland Slayer] #6272561 04/23/16 06:32 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer

Basically, TPWD acted completely irresponsibly and had a knee-jerk reaction to the discovery of CWD in a private deer herd (long after it was known to exist in free-range mule deer in west Texas, with almost no reaction by TPWD). Instead of holding public meetings where the public could weigh-in on the decisions being made....TPWD made executive decisions resulting in the slaughter of hundreds (possibly thousands by now) of privately held whitetail deer with absolutely NO SCIENCE WHATSOEVER to support their decisions. Their actions have trampled Texas private property rights, and they are literally bankrupting people as we speak.

TPWD has gotten way too big for its britches, and needs to be knocked down a peg or ten. They need to be reminded that THEY WORK FOR US, not the other way around...we pay their salaries (along with the countless thousands of people who buy out-of-state licenses to hunt on these so called "evil high fenced ranches"). Therefore, we the people deserve to have a say in what happens in the hunting industry....not have it dictated to us.

Do you have a link to any news reports of this?

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6272579 04/23/16 07:08 PM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
What county, what ranch. I need details to sign anything.

Big Beckett!!
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Ramsey] #6272641 04/23/16 08:29 PM
E
Eland Slayer Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: Ramsey
What county, what ranch. I need details to sign anything.

Texas Mountain Ranch, Medina County

http://www.ksat.com/news/defenders/parks...-mountain-ranch

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6272647 04/23/16 08:34 PM
E
Eland Slayer Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
There is a wealth of information to be found on the TDA website here:

https://www.texasdeerassociation.com/resources/cwd-update#.Vxvb-diDmJI

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6272658 04/23/16 08:48 PM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Just not interested in protecting deer "farming", only deer hunting.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: A.B.] #6272693 04/23/16 09:26 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: A.B.

It's more to it. State Congress had to step in because of the line drawn via TPWD. TAHC should of had 100% jurisdiction from the start. Question is why was THAC not in charge and why did their recommendations differ from TPWD? Then toss in the TPWD closed door policy and things start to get even more messy

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6272816 04/23/16 11:46 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
This is a low road tactic being pushed by the TDA.

Don't buy in to the hype. TDA and its members are mad they signed up for a public program and when the public (TPWD) stepped into their business they didn't like it....even though they signed up for it in the first place.

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6272857 04/24/16 12:41 AM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Who has ownership of whitetail deer in Texas?

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6272899 04/24/16 01:10 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Petitions are just a piece of paper, if you want action you must get the media involved. This entails protest marches, sit ins, and general being the "squeaky wheel". This petition will be lost in the shuffle of paperwork in Austin without the media helping to keep it before the public.

Write letters to your state representatives, go to their local office and when in session show up at their Austin office. Not just once or twice, but often. Make sure you have an opinion of every piece of legislation that is being considered by the House and Senate and express it often to your rep. This does not work with only a limited amount of people involved, it takes 100s if not 1000s of people kicking in the doors of their representatives. You need to be respectful, but still a pain in their rear end.

Request meetings with the Governor, one or 2 won't cut it, you need to gang bang him multiple visits by a lot of people. Changing anything requires dedication, hard work and good organization. Plan on spending a lot of your money on political action, and a LOT OF TIME. None of this easy, it is hard work an can be if .

Those that really care about any issue will work hard at it, the bystanders will soon fall by the wayside. Only a few will continue after a few months, and in some cases a lot will drop out before their first action is complete.

When your state senator and house of representative calls you by your first name and asks your opinions then and only then will you have succeeded. Again, hard work, lots of time and money will be invested before you succeed.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Bowman24] #6272927 04/24/16 01:34 AM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Online Happy
duck & cover
Online Happy
duck & cover
I'll call Dan first thing Monday morning. I'll visit with Ralph too even though he's retired.

BTW, if they throw Carter out, I am available.

Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: A.B.] #6273591 04/24/16 10:03 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
x2
Originally Posted By: A.B.

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Who has ownership of whitetail deer in Texas?

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Fire TPWD Petition going to Gov Abbott [Re: Duck_Hunter] #6273648 04/24/16 10:55 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer

Do you have a link to any news reports of this?

http://www.ksat.com/news/defenders/defenders-speak-with-tpwd-about-killing-cwd-exposed-herd
http://www.ksat.com/news/defenders/cwd-u...aining-deer-elk
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015...ting-/?page=all

Not a news article but from Texas Deer Association...
https://www.texasdeerassociation.com/res...rs#.Vx1OznqLU_M

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide