Forums46
Topics537,979
Posts9,731,356
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: therancher] #6269705 04/21/16 02:24 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Who are the trained experts?

I assume the state and federal biologists have degrees and are charged with knowing what there is to know about pathogens, disease vectors, etc.

Yes they do have degrees. Mine is in biomedical science. Doesn't make me an expert, and it doesn't make them experts.

It also doesn't guarantee that logic and reason are involved in their protocols. It just means we have a piece of paper saying we went to college and graduated.

And let me also state again that I am not a licensed breeder. I stand to gain immensely if breeding is outlawed.

But what the state is doing is wrong.
I would seriously doubt if the state would ever outlaw something they started. Too much egg on the face of "Experts", I have heard that the state is actually thinking about starting to license captive breeding of MD. Science can not even get their stories straight on global warming much less on diseases of animals. Look at how much time and money has been spent on diseases of humans and for most there have not been any cures found.

Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6269722 04/21/16 02:37 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
What two states are those?

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: don k] #6269765 04/21/16 03:02 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: don k

I assume the state and federal biologists have degrees and are charged with knowing what there is to know about pathogens, disease vectors, etc.

Yes they do have degrees. Mine is in biomedical science. Doesn't make me an expert, and it doesn't make them experts.

It also doesn't guarantee that logic and reason are involved in their protocols. It just means we have a piece of paper saying we went to college and graduated.

And let me also state again that I am not a licensed breeder. I stand to gain immensely if breeding is outlawed.

I would seriously doubt if the state would ever outlaw something they started. Too much egg on the face of "Experts", I have heard that the state is actually thinking about starting to license captive breeding of MD. Science can not even get their stories straight on global warming much less on diseases of animals. Look at how much time and money has been spent on diseases of humans and for most there have not been any cures found.

Our lifespans haven't gone from 30 to 80 by accident. Chances are, medical science is the only reason you are alive now to poo-poo it.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: don k] #6269768 04/21/16 03:03 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: don k

We already have mule deer breeders. Yes, global warming is one of those things that you have opposing experts on as well.

What the state of Texas has done is create a beaurocracy so large with so many restrictions that they can't possibly manage it without draining the state's coffers. I believe they would shut down breeding as long as they can gin up public demand for CWD "control" to a level that would fund their agency.

They are in WAY over their heads with the breeding regulations they have in place.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6269847 04/21/16 03:40 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Flounder has to be shocked he has started a thread that has gone to 5 pages without getting locked. banana

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6269896 04/21/16 03:59 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
therancher why would the state biologists want breeding shut down as their agenda? Seems to me their existence is pretty good job security for them. confused2

Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6269921 04/21/16 04:09 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I would guess their motivation would be control of all deer. Much more difficult to control when you throw breeding into the equation.

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 04/21/16 04:10 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6269994 04/21/16 04:54 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
therancher why would the state biologists want breeding shut down as their agenda? Seems to me their existence is pretty good job security for them. confused2

That's a great question and I only think I have the answer. I could be wrong (but of course considering my record, if it's about anything but JF I'm almost certainly right) grin.

Here are some facts:
1. When tpwd ok'd deer breeding they had no idea how big the industry would become.
2. They are a state agency so they require money from (thank God) a heavily scrutinized and competitive public treasury to run their ops.
3. The restrictions they placed on the industry were many, AND require quite a bit of boots on the ground inspections, and marshaling etc that they simply cannot fulfill without becoming one of the biggest resource sinks in the govt.

I have several deer breeder friends so I KNOW that tpwd is struggling (to be polite), failing miserably (to be honest) in marshaling the breeding industry.

Now, it is my opinion that tpwd is and has always been more heavily loaded with folks who don't care for the hunting industry. Of course they also have many hunting proponents, but one can just look at the evolution of their magazine subject matter for proof that hunting is shrinking as a tpwd focus.

It is my opinion that they realize they can't successfully ride herd on breeders. They bit off way more than they can chew and frankly I think their performance embarrasses them.

If they can gin up enough fear on the CWD front they can get rid of the albatross and while they'll lose the segment of their business that was breeder monitoring, they'll backfill with CWD monitoring.

It's really a perfect plan for an agency who's lost credibility. CWD will be their perfect cash cow with very little public scrutiny and no real way to measure success/failure since it's never going to be a real threat to WTD populations.

Perceived threats are AWESOME cash cows that way. Look no further than global warming for evidence.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6270026 04/21/16 05:10 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Thanks for the insight. I honestly don't have the answers on this issue. I don't like the HFs, but it's by and large for other (more philosophical) reasons as you know.

You are as wrong on global warming as you were on JF (that's tongue in cheek). The overwhelming science from all over the world is as settled on that as just about any issue. Heck, even Exxon/Mobil agreed until it became an "Uh-Oh!" issue for them. The only deniers left these days are obviously and transparently agenda-driven. But that's a debate for another day, so you can just call me wrong on that and we'll agree to disagree. smile

Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6270809 04/22/16 03:49 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Thanks for the insight. I honestly don't have the answers on this issue. I don't like the HFs, but it's by and large for other (more philosophical) reasons as you know.

You are as wrong on global warming as you were on JF (that's tongue in cheek). The overwhelming science from all over the world is as settled on that as just about any issue. Heck, even Exxon/Mobil agreed until it became an "Uh-Oh!" issue for them. The only deniers left these days are obviously and transparently agenda-driven. But that's a debate for another day, so you can just call me wrong on that and we'll agree to disagree. smile

I don't have the answers to CWD either. But I can read the data. And the data says it will never be a virulent pathogen.

On the second part, look at the attorney telling the scientist what is "settled science". Lawd you do make me lol at times. Ive studied more of that "settled science" than you can imagine. When the originators of the "settled science" scrapped the scientific method to support their theory they sacrificed their scientific credibility. Anyone who tells you global warming is man caused is either on the take, or simply ignorant.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6270922 04/22/16 11:43 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
therancher the science, the sources, and the consensus on GW is voluminous and unanimous except for a tiny slice of agenda-driven industry science in the U.S. It's one of the most studied phenomenon on earth from all corners. Worldwide.

The Texas Tech synopsis alone summarized more than 200 studies worldwide.

Not recognizing it is pretty akin to not recognizing gravity at this point. At least, it would be if it didn't stupidly become more about politics than science by some puppet-masters.

I mean, think. There is no reason worldwide to demonize oil and coal and gas. It is cheap and the most available fuel in the world. There is no need or want or place for an anti-fossil fuel agenda worldwide. No motive. But the science is the science. And it shows what it shows. So the world recognizes it.

But there is plenty of motive for the "denier" movement. Which has basically disappeared and moved on everywhere but in American politics. That agenda is clear.

For an agenda man, you are sure missing the boat on that one. The LOLs is the world laughing at the small pocket of deniers left in the U.S. Except it's not really funny.

Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6270946 04/22/16 12:05 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Every few years or decades there is new science that tells us there is a new ice age coming, acid rain will eventually kill all living things, California is going to fall into the ocean, Yellowstone is going to blow up and cool the earth. Now it is global warming. When that didn't work they changed it to "climate change". That didn't seem to work for them so it went back to global warming. If they could not make up something new every few years all the so called environmental scientist would be out of a job.

Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6270979 04/22/16 12:32 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Flounder has to be shocked he has started a thread that has gone to 5 pages without getting locked. banana

We decided to leave one thread open to discuss it. At this time, we just don't see the need to have 3-5 threads on the front page of the Deer Hunting forum about CWD.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6271018 04/22/16 01:05 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Makes sense to me. I think this discussion has gone pretty well.

up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6271250 04/22/16 03:30 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Makes sense to me. I think this discussion has gone pretty well.

up
Yes it has gone from CWD to GW.

Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6271261 04/22/16 03:37 PM
A
Aim Small Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
therancher the science, the sources, and the consensus on GW is voluminous and unanimous except for a tiny slice of agenda-driven industry science in the U.S. It's one of the most studied phenomenon on earth from all corners. Worldwide.

The Texas Tech synopsis alone summarized more than 200 studies worldwide.

Not recognizing it is pretty akin to not recognizing gravity at this point. At least, it would be if it didn't stupidly become more about politics than science by some puppet-masters.

I mean, think. There is no reason worldwide to demonize oil and coal and gas. It is cheap and the most available fuel in the world. There is no need or want or place for an anti-fossil fuel agenda worldwide. No motive. But the science is the science. And it shows what it shows. So the world recognizes it.

But there is plenty of motive for the "denier" movement. Which has basically disappeared and moved on everywhere but in American politics. That agenda is clear.

For an agenda man, you are sure missing the boat on that one. The LOLs is the world laughing at the small pocket of deniers left in the U.S. Except it's not really funny.

Ya know, except for back door wealth redistribution. That's not a motive at all right?

Please.

Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6272235 04/23/16 06:06 AM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
I'm here from the government and I'm here to help. Now that's a LOL

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: The first detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Europe, Norway Wild Reindeer [Re: flounder] #6278641 04/28/16 01:39 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
As a non-deer hunter, thanks for keeping this one open, Bobo. It's been interesting to read.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide