K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: jeffbird
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
If it's my land I will do exactly whatever the hell I want to on it

Hope you have a Nogalus on retainer with that thinking.

Re: QDMA [Re: jeffbird] #6257109 04/12/16 08:45 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
If it's my land I will do exactly whatever the hell I want to on it

Hope you have a Nogalus on retainer with that thinking.

rofl roflmao

I'm good

Re: QDMA [Re: jeffbird] #6257122 04/12/16 08:55 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Pursuit of perfection is too often the enemy of the good.

QDMA is doing more to promote thoughtful management of deer for small landowners than any other group right now, at least that I know of. If you don't like 100% of their positions, point out the group you think is doing a better job and with which you are 100% in agreement.

Between Texas Trophy Hunters and QDMA, which do you think will do more to advance deer for a small landowner and the "average" hunter?

Neither do a good job, but by the way where do you think that thoughtful management practices came from? We won't even go into which one has more revenue. Ironically you take out the TTHA ads they have similar content.

Regardless, what both need to do is voice support for synergies instead of pushing divisions in the conservation of our heritage. But then again synergies don't sell memberships and magazines.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: QDMA [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6257128 04/12/16 09:00 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

QDMA is doing more to promote thoughtful management of deer for small landowners than any other group right now, at least that I know of. If you don't like 100% of their positions, point out the group you think is doing a better job and with which you are 100% in agreement.

Between Texas Trophy Hunters and QDMA, which do you think will do more to advance deer for a small landowner and the "average" hunter?

Neither do a good job, but by the way where do you think that thoughtful management practices came from? We won't even go into which one has more revenue. Ironically you take out the TTHA ads they have similar content.

Regardless, what both need to do is voice support for synergies instead of pushing divisions in the conservation of our heritage. But then again synergies don't sell memberships and magazines.

Many just don't see the synergies my friend. This ain't a "Kumbaya" subject, in case you haven't noticed. Hillary and Cruz are both politicians, but there ain't much synergy to be had there. Sometimes you just gotta pick a side and vote.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: QDMA [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6257168 04/12/16 09:36 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Many just don't see the synergies my friend. This ain't a "Kumbaya" subject, in case you haven't noticed. Hillary and Cruz are both politicians, but there ain't much synergy to be had there. Sometimes you just gotta pick a side and vote.

Not when it's comes to my rights, I'm sick and tired of false prophet green duck conservation groups dividing for financial gain. It's not like this is something new with me.

Black and white you either support legal hunting or you dont. In the end only one movement holds water. You can't divide property owners against non property owners. Public perception doesn't matter if the meat you eat comes from a HF ranch or LF ranch, just that you eat it and why. The HF vs LF Is nothing more then an internal hunting rooster measuring contest, thank you B&C. What the non hunting public really cares about is that we show a combined front in our conservation efforts and justify our past time with sound reasoning, FOOD and FAMILY time. Nothing more nothing less

HF vs LF is a profit minded scam to divide and sell memberships and magazines.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: QDMA [Re: jaygillespie] #6257178 04/12/16 09:43 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
We'll just agree to disagree. The HF stuff arose because of the profit deal. Fair chase was the ethic long before deer farming for profit was even a thought (after the commercial hunting era ended).

So I can't follow the reasoning. Sorry.

I'm not too up on the duck deal. DU seems like a pretty successful conservation group to me that represents all comers.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: QDMA [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6257192 04/12/16 09:51 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
We'll just agree to disagree. The HF stuff arose because of the profit deal. Fair chase was the ethic long before deer farming for profit was even a thought (after the commercial hunting era ended).

I'm not too up on the duck deal. DU seems like a pretty successful conservation group to me that represents all comers.

DU is a whole other bottle of wax. I'll put it this way I'd support QDMA way before them.

No the HF rose from a management and protection or betterment of a resource not profit. Now the Breeder industry arose from a--- to conserve, to what if, then to profit. The two while you view as synonymous are not.

Re: QDMA [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6257203 04/12/16 09:58 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

DU is a whole other bottle of wax. I'll put it this way I'd support QDMA way before them.

No the HF rose from a management and protection or betterment of a resource not profit. Now the Breeder industry arose from a--- to conserve, to what if, then to profit. The two while you view as synonymous are not.

Again, agree to disagree. It's cool if you want to support it, but seems you can't just leave it at that - when you have to make them heroes a la Teddy Roosevelt and Aldo Leupold I'm way off the train.

Re: QDMA [Re: jaygillespie] #6257217 04/12/16 10:10 PM
D
don k Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
My HF rose because I wanted to raise Ibex not Deer. So now I am the "bad guy" too?

Re: QDMA [Re: jaygillespie] #6257223 04/12/16 10:17 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Most of the guys that cry about it hunt twice a year anyway roflmao

Re: QDMA [Re: jaygillespie] #6257224 04/12/16 10:17 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Who did I put in hero status?

I think there are some guys that are doing us a lot of good right now by staying away from the LF HF debate and focusing on why we hunt, how it impacts society and showing how we have a true connection to managing our natural food resources.

The HF/LF trophy measuring contest and the bought B&C measuring contests are what are killing us. A united front focusing on food and family can't be defeated in agruement or perception.

Re: QDMA [Re: don k] #6257225 04/12/16 10:18 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: don k
My HF rose because I wanted to raise Ibex not Deer. So now I am the "bad guy" too?

Wait Don...Its your land correct, but what if the Elitist Crowd would like to tell you to do with your land bang

Re: QDMA [Re: SniperRAB] #6257252 04/12/16 10:40 PM
D
don k Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Wait Don...Its your land correct, but what if the Elitist Crowd would like to tell you to do with your land bang
I would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. Be about like coming to take my guns.

Re: QDMA [Re: don k] #6257255 04/12/16 10:41 PM
Bbcat78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker

I would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. Be about like coming to take my guns.

well said don

Re: QDMA [Re: jeffbird] #6257318 04/12/16 11:21 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

If they'd stick with that I'd support them 100%.

It's when they actively work to restrict others to QDMA's preferred method of hunting/managing that they lose me. And IMO they should lose every other person who loves individual freedom.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: QDMA [Re: therancher] #6257339 04/12/16 11:33 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: therancher

It's when they actively work to restrict others to QDMA's preferred method of hunting/managing that they lose me. And IMO they should lose every other person who loves individual freedom.

up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: QDMA [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6257355 04/12/16 11:41 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

I think there are some guys that are doing us a lot of good right now by staying away from the LF HF debate and focusing on why we hunt, how it impacts society and showing how we have a true connection to managing our natural food resources.

The HF/LF trophy measuring contest and the bought B&C measuring contests are what are killing us. A united front focusing on food and family can't be defeated in agruement or perception.

Man, I'd LOVE to agree with just that. It sounds so pretty. However, it's going WAY too PC. No hunter should ever apologize for the sport of hunting and the trophy aspect. The meat and family are perfect as you say, but it's my individual right to enjoy the sport of hunting, and my individual right to consider anything I kill as a trophy.

I apologize to no one. And the only standards I care to meet are my own.

Sport, meat, trophy. It's a family thing.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: QDMA [Re: therancher] #6257356 04/12/16 11:41 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

100% here to, you can go back to my posts when I first joined. I was big pusher of QDMA, then they decided to join the realm of how we hunt is the only way to hunt.... Boom been done with them ever sense.

Re: QDMA [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6257371 04/12/16 11:47 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

100% here to, you can go back to my posts when I first joined. I was big pusher of QDMA, then they decided to join the realm of how we hunt is the only way to hunt.... Boom been done with them ever sense.

To me it is literally a crying shame they chose that path.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: QDMA [Re: therancher] #6257393 04/12/16 11:57 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Man, I'd LOVE to agree with just that. It sounds so pretty. However, it's going WAY too PC. No hunter should ever apologize for the sport of hunting and the trophy aspect. The meat and family are perfect as you say, but it's my individual right to enjoy the sport of hunting, and my individual right to consider anything I kill as a trophy.

I can assure you I apologize to no one unless I've gone to far trying to make a point and took a unintentional shot at hunt or animal that caused my original message to be lost.

No body should apologize for hunting nor would I ever. Presenting hard facts on benefits of hunting for food and family isn't apologizing it's stating a truth we all already know just don't care to explain. If we are going to be proud why not make a statement about it.

It's always an interesting thread when the Nug gets brought up. But what's the one thing he has always stated since he first hit the screen. Organic wholesome backstrap. Never been a fan of his delivery or antics but have been a fan of his message. Ironically his message is now our best defense against anti's. It's a very very defeating agruement.

Re: QDMA [Re: jaygillespie] #6257414 04/13/16 12:07 AM
B
Big_Ag Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Chalk me up with the individual, landowner rights crowd. I have both low and high fence ranches to hunt and enjoy them both very much. I too was a former QDMA supporter, but when they advocate against a landowner's lawful rights, I can't support them. We are not a socialist country, but when the hunting community starts down that path, it sure looks like it is only a matter of time and that really should scare the hell out of everyone.

Re: QDMA [Re: jaygillespie] #6257421 04/13/16 12:12 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I dumped them 15 or more years ago when I did not like the direction they were going way back then.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: QDMA [Re: therancher] #6257423 04/13/16 12:12 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Well said ...I am surprised half the men aren't on a 28 day being so PC roflmao

Re: QDMA [Re: SniperRAB] #6257439 04/13/16 12:23 AM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Agreed. up

Re: QDMA [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6257454 04/13/16 12:29 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

I can assure you I apologize to no one unless I've gone to far trying to make a point and took a unintentional shot at hunt or animal that caused my original message to be lost.

No body should apologize for hunting nor would I ever. Presenting hard facts on benefits of hunting for food and family isn't apologizing it's stating a truth we all already know just don't care to explain. If we are going to be proud why not make a statement about it.

It's always an interesting thread when the Nug gets brought up. But what's the one thing he has always stated since he first hit the screen. Organic wholesome backstrap. Never been a fan of his delivery or antics but have been a fan of his message. Ironically his message is now our best defense against anti's. It's a very very defeating agruement.

Oh I know which column you're in. Just double emphasizing the obvious.

And I have no problem with people taking issue with teds style/delivery/antics. But, if you hunt, fish, trap, or own a gun, Ted is your friend and defender.

Just noting that he's got it right about sport/meat/trophy, and family. And his platform is bigger than ours.

Crotchety old bastidge
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide