Print Thread
Quail Forever Chapter #6251724 04/08/16 02:11 AM
R
RayB Online Content OP
red bone Bob
OP Online Content
red bone Bob
R
Trying to start up a QF chapter in San Antonio, If you would like to participate we would like having you.
Meetings are 1st Thursday. PM me and I'll send the address where we meet.

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: RayB] #6251939 04/08/16 12:53 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I ran two dogs in the first Quail Forever national field trial in Georgia. I shared a motel room with Fred Reyna. Fred was skimming through the Quail Forever magazine. He read aloud, "Bobwhite quail roost in the lower branches of trees and brush." I think all the conservation organizations are mostly good for education, in Texas, with most of the quail habitat being privately owned. I'm not sure I approve of this type of educational information.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: RayB] #6252152 04/08/16 03:30 PM
T
tick-magnet Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Bill, are you sure that was Quail Forever or was it Quail Unlimited. Two different organizations. Quail Unlimited was around for quite a few years but is now defunct because of member dissatisfaction in organization operations. Quail Forever is a recent offshoot of Pheasants Forever (10 or 11 years). I have never heard of a Quail Forever field dog trail. Most events of QF I have attended have state wildlife biologists also attending and a statement like one you cited would be quickly and politely corrected. I have never seen a statement such as you mentioned in any of their (QF)literature.

Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: RayB] #6252208 04/08/16 04:18 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
There is also a Quail Coalition, I think started out of the Dallas chapter of Quail Unlimited. I bought a table at a Quail Coalition Banquet a few years ago. I had to remind them to send me the tickets and they got my name wrong on the little table sign. Buddy of mine that I'd invited did win the grand prize however - a John Deere Gator. Afterwards, I never got any sort of newsletter, magazine, nothin' 'cept one email when the banquet came around again. A lot of these kind of organizations have folks that just don't pay any dam attention to details. Doesn't give you warm fuzzies that the money raised goes to the right place.

All that being said, Barny - if you don't mind a cranky old man around at the meetings, send me the info.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: tick-magnet] #6252237 04/08/16 04:48 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: tick-magnet
Bill, are you sure that was Quail Forever or was it Quail Unlimited. Two different organizations. Quail Unlimited was around for quite a few years but is now defunct because of member dissatisfaction in organization operations. Quail Forever is a recent offshoot of Pheasants Forever (10 or 11 years). I have never heard of a Quail Forever field dog trail. Most events of QF I have attended have state wildlife biologists also attending and a statement like one you cited would be quickly and politely corrected. I have never seen a statement such as you mentioned in any of their (QF)literature.

Look at my cap. I got it there, and I got Quail Forever address labels yesterday.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: RayB] #6252260 04/08/16 05:23 PM
K
Kahuna Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Been QF mmbr long time. Quit QU when found out where funds were going. QF money stays in your state. Auctions better too!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide