476187 Topics
6246677 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6251724 - 04/07/16 09:11 PM Quail Forever Chapter
Barny Topwater Offline
red bone Bob

Loc: New Braunfels TX USA
Trying to start up a QF chapter in San Antonio, If you would like to participate we would like having you.
Meetings are 1st Thursday. PM me and I'll send the address where we meet.

#6251939 - 04/08/16 07:53 AM Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: Barny Topwater]
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Richmond
I ran two dogs in the first Quail Forever national field trial in Georgia. I shared a motel room with Fred Reyna. Fred was skimming through the Quail Forever magazine. He read aloud, "Bobwhite quail roost in the lower branches of trees and brush." I think all the conservation organizations are mostly good for education, in Texas, with most of the quail habitat being privately owned. I'm not sure I approve of this type of educational information.

#6252152 - 04/08/16 10:30 AM Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: Barny Topwater]
tick-magnet Offline
Outdoorsman

Bill, are you sure that was Quail Forever or was it Quail Unlimited. Two different organizations. Quail Unlimited was around for quite a few years but is now defunct because of member dissatisfaction in organization operations. Quail Forever is a recent offshoot of Pheasants Forever (10 or 11 years). I have never heard of a Quail Forever field dog trail. Most events of QF I have attended have state wildlife biologists also attending and a statement like one you cited would be quickly and politely corrected. I have never seen a statement such as you mentioned in any of their (QF)literature.

#6252208 - 04/08/16 11:18 AM Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: Barny Topwater]
Creekrunner Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
There is also a Quail Coalition, I think started out of the Dallas chapter of Quail Unlimited. I bought a table at a Quail Coalition Banquet a few years ago. I had to remind them to send me the tickets and they got my name wrong on the little table sign. Buddy of mine that I'd invited did win the grand prize however - a John Deere Gator. Afterwards, I never got any sort of newsletter, magazine, nothin' 'cept one email when the banquet came around again. A lot of these kind of organizations have folks that just don't pay any dam attention to details. Doesn't give you warm fuzzies that the money raised goes to the right place.

All that being said, Barny - if you don't mind a cranky old man around at the meetings, send me the info.

#6252237 - 04/08/16 11:48 AM Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: tick-magnet]
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Richmond
Originally Posted By: tick-magnet
Bill, are you sure that was Quail Forever or was it Quail Unlimited. Two different organizations. Quail Unlimited was around for quite a few years but is now defunct because of member dissatisfaction in organization operations. Quail Forever is a recent offshoot of Pheasants Forever (10 or 11 years). I have never heard of a Quail Forever field dog trail. Most events of QF I have attended have state wildlife biologists also attending and a statement like one you cited would be quickly and politely corrected. I have never seen a statement such as you mentioned in any of their (QF)literature.

Look at my cap. I got it there, and I got Quail Forever address labels yesterday.

#6252260 - 04/08/16 12:23 PM Re: Quail Forever Chapter [Re: Barny Topwater]
Kahuna Offline
Pro Tracker

Been QF mmbr long time. Quit QU when found out where funds were going. QF money stays in your state. Auctions better too!

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide