Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Marlin is closing its doors #6251168 04/07/16 06:28 PM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I just got this in an email. I have no idea if its true or not, or if it has already been posted.

Marlin Closing Its Doors...hmmmm, H

FYI
Guess we are the last to know!!!

Marlin Firearms Closing Its Doors

Marlin Firearms bought and CLOSED by George Soros.

Even if you don't own a gun - this will affect you.

This was checked on "Truth or Fiction" who verified it. They can be trusted more than Snopes.

Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors. They are doing it to us, America. All gun owners and sportsmen need to see this. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these happenings. Something you may not know is happening. Who is buying the company’s manufacturing guns? For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that The Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States.

If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.

What a perfect way to control guns.

If you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management.

Guess who controls Cerberus? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier. He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.

Pass this on to your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out.

Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I think this would be BIG news.

(Soros also owns Progressive Insurance - Flo).

If you don't know who George Soros is, do some research. This One-World Government atheist backed Obama with millions of dollars, and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.

Send this to every gun owner!"

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6251181 04/07/16 06:38 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Pretty sure that is an old email Bill

Quote:
For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R.

Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States.

If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.

Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS!!!!!!!!! One of the most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.

Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out.

Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp

Last edited by kmon1; 04/07/16 06:39 PM.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6251200 04/07/16 06:58 PM
5 Stand Dan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker

[Linked Image]
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6256577 04/12/16 01:48 PM
A
APynckel Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
While they aren't and did not close, they were bought by Freedom Group (Remington), and before the workers left, they really messed up the machines that were used to make rifles. This lead to a massive issue with quality on a bunch of different lever actions (1895G Guide Gun being one of the most notable) and they have subsequently had a lot of warranty issues as a result.

I am still waiting for them to get things back in order before I even consider purchasing a side eject .45 colt lever action.

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: APynckel] #6274735 04/25/16 07:14 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
While I cannot rule out that didn't happen any, the problem wasn't with sabotaged equipment at all. The problem lies in the fact that the Marlin workers were let go by bean counters that believed if you can make Gun A you can make Gun B just as well. They learned the hard way that there are differences between bolt action and lever guns. The quality control issues have been real but they've been due to poor knowledge transfer and not keeping the staff that had made those guns for decades, not that the old staff took it upon themselves to sully their own brand they had worked for years to make. The brand has taken a hit, but it wasn't because of the loyal former staff who took pride and ownership in their work.

Originally Posted By: APynckel
While they aren't and did not close, they were bought by Freedom Group (Remington), and before the workers left, they really messed up the machines that were used to make rifles. This lead to a massive issue with quality on a bunch of different lever actions (1895G Guide Gun being one of the most notable) and they have subsequently had a lot of warranty issues as a result.

I am still waiting for them to get things back in order before I even consider purchasing a side eject .45 colt lever action.

Last edited by Earl; 04/25/16 07:18 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: Earl] #6276506 04/27/16 12:08 AM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted By: Earl
While I cannot rule out that didn't happen any, the problem wasn't with sabotaged equipment at all. The problem lies in the fact that the Marlin workers were let go by bean counters that believed if you can make Gun A you can make Gun B just as well. They learned the hard way that there are differences between bolt action and lever guns. The quality control issues have been real but they've been due to poor knowledge transfer and not keeping the staff that had made those guns for decades, not that the old staff took it upon themselves to sully their own brand they had worked for years to make. The brand has taken a hit, but it wasn't because of the loyal former staff who took pride and ownership in their work.

That seems to be a common theme in big companies today. Too often, the folks that make the decision to cut the more skilled, experienced workers (therefore more expensive workers) don't stick around to feel the aftermath of their decisions. They move up in the company or to another company able to say they "saved" the company millions, when they actually crippled it.

I'm an engineer. In a big company I once worked for, they had a big meeting with engineering. They wanted us to write procedures for our technicians that were so detailed that a technician with very limited experience could do the job as good as a more experienced tech. The problem as they saw it was technicians made too much money.

Our department head said, "We need to make it to where anyone could walk off the street and do the job." A senior engineer who was retiring soon said to the department head, "The only person's job that we could proceduralize that easily would be yours."

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6277484 04/27/16 04:31 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I worked for a Telephone company for about three years. We had an Hr lady hired in for our division, she must have been good because she moved up to cooperate office very quickly. We had several lay offs towards the end of my employment. She would make the rounds and delver the news.

They laid off seventy some odd of us the round that I got the ax, as usual she made the rounds taking care of the lay offs, When she got back to Dallas she found out that she too was in that 70 some odd folks headed to the unemployment line. confused2

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: Palehorse] #6277533 04/27/16 05:02 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Palehorse

That seems to be a common theme in big companies today. Too often, the folks that make the decision to cut the more skilled, experienced workers (therefore more expensive workers) don't stick around to feel the aftermath of their decisions. They move up in the company or to another company able to say they "saved" the company millions, when they actually crippled it.

I'm an engineer. In a big company I once worked for, they had a big meeting with engineering. They wanted us to write procedures for our technicians that were so detailed that a technician with very limited experience could do the job as good as a more experienced tech. The problem as they saw it was technicians made too much money.

Our department head said, "We need to make it to where anyone could walk off the street and do the job." A senior engineer who was retiring soon said to the department head, "The only person's job that we could proceduralize that easily would be yours."

I have seen that with some senior sales people who got laid off because of "consolidation". Their business just drifted away to the competition.

To be determined
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6329380 06/09/16 08:52 PM
B
BushFamilyNine Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Remington pretty much hung Marlin in 2008. Would have been better to shut the doors and build tables or something else other than firearms.

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6329415 06/09/16 09:10 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
So Marlin is still in operation?

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: postoak] #6329972 06/10/16 04:24 AM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Yes, "under new management" as they say. And don't listen to the rumors (even noted above) that George Soros is behind them...that's bunk.

Originally Posted By: postoak
So Marlin is still in operation?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6329985 06/10/16 04:51 AM
C
Cajun Raider Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Well said Earl, thank you.

Don't talk the talk if you didn't walk the walk.
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6659735 02/03/17 05:02 AM
B
bowbuilder1971 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Yeah they told their employees that they were losing their jobs at Marlin a year in advance lol. I heard that the quality went down hill after that. Now what Marlin is putting out is pretty sad. Canted iron sights and other problems. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube from people sharing the pieces of junk that they are putting out now. I was lucky enough to find a 336 made during the 80's when they were at their best and it was basically brand new. Someone had a collection, passed away and the family took the guys firearms to the local shop and sold the whole lot to them. I got it for $275.00 which was a steal. It's a shame what they did to Marlin. I scored a Mossberg 935 magnum shotgun in Denton Texas for a low price the same way. I picked it up for class while I was up at school for gunsmithing in Oklahoma. My family would never sell my firearms collection and most of the best ones in my collection are going to different people in my will.

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6664430 02/07/17 12:20 AM
dbgsig Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I thought they were already gone.

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6665155 02/07/17 04:30 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Marlin is owned by The Freedom Group who also owns Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, H&R 1871, and a few other small companies. It has not been sold and if they sold it would be for the whole group.
They did close the Marlin plant and consolidate a lot of manufacturing.
They did not trash the machinery, most of it was antiquated that it ran the cost up on manufacturing by 3 to 5 fold. They got rid of the old stuff when they moved the manufacturing. The new guns are not crap as mentioned above. They are built on state of the art CNC machinery. They are different than the old guns.

We are our own worse enemy in spreading this kind of crap.

Last edited by huntwest; 02/07/17 04:35 PM.
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: Palehorse] #6687660 02/26/17 06:37 PM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

That occurred in our section as well. SOPs designed to allow anyone to easily identify and correct any problem. They started that about 10 years ago. Still isn't working.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: Palehorse] #6704480 03/13/17 11:53 PM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I was in a job for 20 years with management by intimidation. Very hostile work environment and I was given almost no tools to do my job. I had to develop a system out of nothing that I and only I knew how to operate. Management did not believe in cross training as that was a waste of time/labor. 2007 came around and they sent in a fellow employee to tell me I was laid off(not my boss) and to tell him how to do my job. Yea......not so much. That lack of knowledge cratered their supply chain cutting output to less than 1/3.

Intellectual knowledge.......its Priceless. grin

Make America Great Again

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6704520 03/14/17 12:34 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I looked at a new 1894 45LC Marlin lever action this week in Decatur. I wasn't too impressed with the quality or price $800. It's nothing compared to the cheaper Henry.

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6716205 03/27/17 01:35 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Years ago I was having beers with our head IT guy at a job we all hated. He was the guy that wrote our payroll software and some other important software, and he expected to be fired at some point. When slightly intoxicated, he told me that his employee payroll number was carefully hidden in all the software. If the payroll number (and he) were no longer around, nothing would work (supposedly). I left before he did, so I never got to see if he was telling the truth.

Anyway, I hope Marlin survives. I've had some great Marlin rifles over the years. And, even though I have no Remington rifles these days, I hope they also survive.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6717350 03/28/17 02:41 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I also hope Marlin survives and my Remington rifles while older are just great. Have one new Remington rifle that I don't like as well as the old but the bullet still goes where it is supposed to.

Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6730837 04/10/17 04:52 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
popcorn interesting thread...
Makes ya wonder what ta believe with all the, as pappy say's political rumors that get spread... rofl i've been called a snowflake not for political views, but for thinking, man does play roll in global warming ...
scratch snowflake in hand melts...
Edit: confused2 my posts ain't worth 2cents... rumor has it, they started the rofl ingnorance list shorty after i started posting... flag

Last edited by colt.45; 04/10/17 05:13 PM.

i'm postaddic
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner] #6767806 05/18/17 05:20 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
The snowflakes need something to do. I hear the grants are drying up. bounce

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: Palehorse] #6983546 12/05/17 02:23 PM
M
mp88 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M

This is excellent hahaha.

Full Service Gunsmithing & Sales

www.ltgunsmith.com

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide