476395 Topics
6249605 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6251168 - 04/07/16 01:28 PM Marlin is closing its doors
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Richmond
I just got this in an email. I have no idea if its true or not, or if it has already been posted.

Marlin Closing Its Doors...hmmmm, H

FYI
Guess we are the last to know!!!

Marlin Firearms Closing Its Doors

Marlin Firearms bought and CLOSED by George Soros.

Even if you don't own a gun - this will affect you.

This was checked on "Truth or Fiction" who verified it. They can be trusted more than Snopes.

Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors. They are doing it to us, America. All gun owners and sportsmen need to see this. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these happenings. Something you may not know is happening. Who is buying the company’s manufacturing guns? For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that The Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States.

If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.

What a perfect way to control guns.

If you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management.

Guess who controls Cerberus? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier. He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.

Pass this on to your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out.

Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I think this would be BIG news.

(Soros also owns Progressive Insurance - Flo).

If you don't know who George Soros is, do some research. This One-World Government atheist backed Obama with millions of dollars, and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.

Send this to every gun owner!"

#6251181 - 04/07/16 01:38 PM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner]
kmon1 Online   content
junior

Loc: Texas
Pretty sure that is an old email Bill

Quote:
For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R.

Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States.

If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.

Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS!!!!!!!!! One of the most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.

Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out.

Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp

Edited by kmon1 (04/07/16 01:39 PM)

RULES for using the TRADING POST
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u..._PO#Post1959111

#6251200 - 04/07/16 01:58 PM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner]
5 Stand Dan Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: DFW

#6256577 - 04/12/16 08:48 AM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner]
APynckel Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Houston Tx
While they aren't and did not close, they were bought by Freedom Group (Remington), and before the workers left, they really messed up the machines that were used to make rifles. This lead to a massive issue with quality on a bunch of different lever actions (1895G Guide Gun being one of the most notable) and they have subsequently had a lot of warranty issues as a result.

I am still waiting for them to get things back in order before I even consider purchasing a side eject .45 colt lever action.

#6274735 - 04/25/16 02:14 PM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: APynckel]
Earl Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Plano, TX
While I cannot rule out that didn't happen any, the problem wasn't with sabotaged equipment at all. The problem lies in the fact that the Marlin workers were let go by bean counters that believed if you can make Gun A you can make Gun B just as well. They learned the hard way that there are differences between bolt action and lever guns. The quality control issues have been real but they've been due to poor knowledge transfer and not keeping the staff that had made those guns for decades, not that the old staff took it upon themselves to sully their own brand they had worked for years to make. The brand has taken a hit, but it wasn't because of the loyal former staff who took pride and ownership in their work.

Originally Posted By: APynckel
While they aren't and did not close, they were bought by Freedom Group (Remington), and before the workers left, they really messed up the machines that were used to make rifles. This lead to a massive issue with quality on a bunch of different lever actions (1895G Guide Gun being one of the most notable) and they have subsequently had a lot of warranty issues as a result.

I am still waiting for them to get things back in order before I even consider purchasing a side eject .45 colt lever action.

Edited by Earl (04/25/16 02:18 PM)

#6276506 - 04/26/16 07:08 PM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: Earl]
Palehorse Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Surfside Beach, TX
Originally Posted By: Earl
While I cannot rule out that didn't happen any, the problem wasn't with sabotaged equipment at all. The problem lies in the fact that the Marlin workers were let go by bean counters that believed if you can make Gun A you can make Gun B just as well. They learned the hard way that there are differences between bolt action and lever guns. The quality control issues have been real but they've been due to poor knowledge transfer and not keeping the staff that had made those guns for decades, not that the old staff took it upon themselves to sully their own brand they had worked for years to make. The brand has taken a hit, but it wasn't because of the loyal former staff who took pride and ownership in their work.

That seems to be a common theme in big companies today. Too often, the folks that make the decision to cut the more skilled, experienced workers (therefore more expensive workers) don't stick around to feel the aftermath of their decisions. They move up in the company or to another company able to say they "saved" the company millions, when they actually crippled it.

I'm an engineer. In a big company I once worked for, they had a big meeting with engineering. They wanted us to write procedures for our technicians that were so detailed that a technician with very limited experience could do the job as good as a more experienced tech. The problem as they saw it was technicians made too much money.

Our department head said, "We need to make it to where anyone could walk off the street and do the job." A senior engineer who was retiring soon said to the department head, "The only person's job that we could proceduralize that easily would be yours."

#6277484 - 04/27/16 11:31 AM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner]
rdhibbs Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Dumas TX
I worked for a Telephone company for about three years. We had an Hr lady hired in for our division, she must have been good because she moved up to cooperate office very quickly. We had several lay offs towards the end of my employment. She would make the rounds and delver the news.

They laid off seventy some odd of us the round that I got the ax, as usual she made the rounds taking care of the lay offs, When she got back to Dallas she found out that she too was in that 70 some odd folks headed to the unemployment line. confused2

#6277533 - 04/27/16 12:02 PM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: Palehorse]
TurkeyHunter Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Bedford, TX
Originally Posted By: Palehorse
Originally Posted By: Earl

That seems to be a common theme in big companies today. Too often, the folks that make the decision to cut the more skilled, experienced workers (therefore more expensive workers) don't stick around to feel the aftermath of their decisions. They move up in the company or to another company able to say they "saved" the company millions, when they actually crippled it.

I'm an engineer. In a big company I once worked for, they had a big meeting with engineering. They wanted us to write procedures for our technicians that were so detailed that a technician with very limited experience could do the job as good as a more experienced tech. The problem as they saw it was technicians made too much money.

Our department head said, "We need to make it to where anyone could walk off the street and do the job." A senior engineer who was retiring soon said to the department head, "The only person's job that we could proceduralize that easily would be yours."

I have seen that with some senior sales people who got laid off because of "consolidation". Their business just drifted away to the competition.

#6329380 - 06/09/16 03:52 PM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner]
BushFamilyNine Offline
Tracker

Loc: Iowa
Remington pretty much hung Marlin in 2008. Would have been better to shut the doors and build tables or something else other than firearms.

#6329415 - 06/09/16 04:10 PM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner]
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: The Woodlands, Tx
So Marlin is still in operation?

#6329972 - 06/09/16 11:24 PM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: postoak]
Earl Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Plano, TX
Yes, "under new management" as they say. And don't listen to the rumors (even noted above) that George Soros is behind them...that's bunk.

Originally Posted By: postoak
So Marlin is still in operation?

#6329985 - 06/09/16 11:51 PM Re: Marlin is closing its doors [Re: bill oxner]
Cajun Raider Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Texas
Well said Earl, thank you.

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide