Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,757
Posts9,728,740
Members87,039
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE #6244177 04/01/16 03:07 PM
F
flounder Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
F
Friday, April 01, 2016

ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2016/04/arkansas-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd.html

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion Roundup USA April 1, 2016

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2016/03/chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse-prion.html

not good, this is not good...

with sad regards, terry

Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: flounder] #6244203 04/01/16 03:27 PM
B
Booner1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Man, that sucks!

Born to hunt and fish.
Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: flounder] #6244222 04/01/16 03:40 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Not directed at any one person posting, Just a reminder of the rules. If you want to contribute to the conversation in a positive way feel free to post facts, information, article, links, studies, etc. Let's not attack other members that are posting wildlife animal health information.

8. We promote a friendly atmosphere for hunters to exchange ideas. Differences of opinions are welcome and are an important part of this format. We do not, however, tolerate those that try to start an argument with every post. If you are looking to agitate people, simply to get a response or if you are a troller, this is not the place for you.

9. No personal attacks – if you disagree with someone, state your case intelligently and back it up with facts. You will be warned once. If the behavior continues, you will be banned from the forum for at least a month and possibly permanently. DO NOT HARASS PEOPLE WITH EMAIL OR VIA PM WHEN YOU HAVE A DISAGREEMENT ON THE FORUM.

10. Do not try to solve personal problems live on the forum. Most of the members aren't interested in watching you and someone else resolve your problems live on the THF. If you are concerned about an interaction with someone and are interested in resolving it, send him or her an email (if they offer an email address in their forum profile). If you don't get a response, just let it go. They may not be interested in communicating with you. If you feel the need to make a public apology about something or to someone, please do so, however, if you don’t get a response, just let it go.

Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: flounder] #6244263 04/01/16 04:09 PM
kry226 Offline
The General
The General
Not directed at any one person posting, Just a reminder of the rules. If you want to contribute to the conversation in a positive way feel free to post facts, information, article, links, studies, etc. Let's not attack other members that are posting wildlife animal health information.

8. We promote a friendly atmosphere for hunters to exchange ideas. Differences of opinions are welcome and are an important part of this format. We do not, however, tolerate those that try to start an argument with every post. If you are looking to agitate people, simply to get a response or if you are a troller, this is not the place for you.

9. No personal attacks – if you disagree with someone, state your case intelligently and back it up with facts. You will be warned once. If the behavior continues, you will be banned from the forum for at least a month and possibly permanently. DO NOT HARASS PEOPLE WITH EMAIL OR VIA PM WHEN YOU HAVE A DISAGREEMENT ON THE FORUM.

10. Do not try to solve personal problems live on the forum. Most of the members aren't interested in watching you and someone else resolve your problems live on the THF. If you are concerned about an interaction with someone and are interested in resolving it, send him or her an email (if they offer an email address in their forum profile). If you don't get a response, just let it go. They may not be interested in communicating with you. If you feel the need to make a public apology about something or to someone, please do so, however, if you don’t get a response, just let it go.

Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: flounder] #6244317 04/01/16 04:46 PM
F
flounder Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
F
”The occurrence of CWD must be viewed against the contest of the locations in which it occurred. It was an incidental and unwelcome complication of the respective wildlife research programmes. Despite it’s subsequent recognition as a new disease of cervids, therefore justifying direct investigation, no specific research funding was forthcoming. The USDA veiwed it as a wildlife problem and consequently not their province!” page 26.

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20080102193705/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m11b/tab01.pdf

In Confidence - Perceptions of unconventional slow virus diseases of animals in the USA - APRIL-MAY 1989 - G A H Wells

3. Prof. A. Robertson gave a brief account of BSE. The US approach was to accord it a very low profile indeed. Dr. A Thiermann showed the picture in the ''Independent'' with cattle being incinerated and thought this was a fanatical incident to be avoided in the US at all costs. ...

http://web.archive.org/web/20060307063531/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m11b/tab01.pdf

MAD COW DISEASE HAS BEEN IN THE USA FOR DECADES, AND I BELIEVE IT WAS IN THE USA FIRST, PLEASE SEE ;

Evidence That Transmissible Mink Encephalopathy Results from Feeding Infected Cattle Over the next 8-10 weeks, approximately 40% of all the adult mink on the farm died from TME.

snip...

The rancher was a ''dead stock'' feeder using mostly (>95%) downer or dead dairy cattle...

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20090505194948/http://bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m09/tab05.pdf

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20090505194948/http://bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m09a/tab01.pdf

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20090505194948/http://bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/yb/1987/06/10004001.pdf

you can keep on sticking your head in the sand here folks, but you cannot hide this Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion. you can even have me banned.
most cowards run to mommy anyway, that pretty much speaks for itself here with a few of you. your like children. shoot the messenger if you must, I don't care at this point. TEXAS has ignored CWD too long anyway, you see what's happened in Arkansas, and I would not doubt that it's that bad here in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and we know New Mexico is bad. with proper testing, in numbers that would find, in geographical areas of high risk, it would be much, much, worse. seems the longer we refuse to discuss this, refuse to test in numbers that would find, and want folks banned for discussing it, it will just gets worse. ban me if you must, you will never ban CWD TSE Prion. ignorance is bliss is it not. ...carry on.

Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: flounder] #6244357 04/01/16 05:26 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I think it's more that we have realized that it has probably been here all along and gone unnoticed. Also it is likely mother nature's way of thinning the herd. There's no way to treat all deer unless your coming up with something that can be dropped from the sky by plane to cover wide spread areas. So therefore what do you want people to do about it? Yes there's ways to try and avoid it, but that's not going to stop it from happening. Eventually there will probably be mass numbers infected by it and will likely die off. Some areas could use a mass killing.

Hopefully if it's in east Texas it will effect all those narrow basket rack mature bucks!

And before you blow up on me, no I have not done my homework and read everything that has been posted. I'm a casual hunter who is lucky if I shoot one deer a year. While CWD may be a big deal, it's not my area of expertise so I stay away from the talk about it. Those are just my thoughts

Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: flounder] #6244374 04/01/16 05:34 PM
J
jmh004 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Again, nobody ever said CWD doesnt exist. But the way you want to handle it makes about as much sense as a sack full of door knobs.

Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: jmh004] #6244388 04/01/16 05:41 PM
F
flounder Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: jmh004
Again, nobody ever said CWD doesnt exist. But the way you want to handle it makes about as much sense as a sack full of door knobs.

how would you handle it? not a trick question, I am just curious.

thank you,
kind regards, terry

Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: flounder] #6244432 04/01/16 06:05 PM
J
jmh004 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I'm not getting sucked into a ridiculous conversation with you again. I learned my lesson. I would handle it the same exact way I said I would in one of the other 400 posts you have made on CWD. Have a great day!

Last edited by jmh004; 04/01/16 06:07 PM.
Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: jmh004] #6244532 04/01/16 07:38 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
How would you handle it terry? What would you do? What has proven successful in stopping it's spread?

And then, since we know it's existed at least since the early 60's, where has it proven to be a disaster at least close to the level of anthrax and EHD?

And please terry, no 2000 word cut and pastes. I don't want you banned at all. But I want you to engage in a conversation based on facts. Your words backed up by facts.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: ARKANSAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION CASES EXPLODE BY 27 NEW CASES WITH 50 CASES TOTAL TO DATE [Re: flounder] #6244623 04/01/16 09:04 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I don't want to see you banned Terry. I don't need to ask you what you would do, because I already did and you answered me with "scorched earth policy".

Do you really expect any of us to be supportive of killing all the deer? There have been dumb a$$e$ in other states that have tried that and what did it get them?

Do you really believe this disease has only just started to emerge? I believe it's been around as long as the deer have. Which means there has been many people consume the meat. I could of been one of them. And I'm fine with that and fine with continuing to take that risk.

What exactly would you like to accomplish by continuing your crusade? If you really want to stop this why don't you volunteer to do research to help solve the problem?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide