Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tired of the griping [Re: aeb] #6236019 03/25/16 03:28 AM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Agree on "good" lease boss. I was one for to many years to remember. If the landowner dropped by he would get out of his truck walk passed every hunter in a camp and shake mine hand. We would talk and he would leave.

The only time he ever spoke to a lease member was when one tried to go around me and make another deal with the owner. I then received a short call from landowner and the lease member was no more.
We had many more happy years ahead.

Good luck Sir.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: Tired of the griping [Re: aeb] #6236028 03/25/16 03:38 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I agree with with the one man in charge and that man being the one guy that deals with the owner. My brother took over our lease and the change was dramatic. No more crap. The land owner is actually a happy guy again and the lease is nice.
Our lease is also set up so that the lease boss is responsible for the entire cost of the lease. He brings on others to divvy up the cost with, according to the owners requirements. When your name is on the bottom line, you get real responsible, real quick.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Tired of the griping [Re: aeb] #6236104 03/25/16 11:30 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I have a good lease. And a good land owner and his son in law who manages it. Most of what goes on and how the place is appreciated by the paid hunters is pretty good. Would I like to see some of the other guys do a little more on the place to make it better? Sure. Is it a perfect situation? Not really. But they don't do things that are very detrimental. No rule breaking I've seen and they care about the management rules. Most of all they respect the land and the rules.

So I know you can get a good group. Unfortunately there are too many "hunters" who feel that they paid their money and they will enjoy it as they please. That is the attitude we all can do without.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Tired of the griping [Re: aeb] #6236119 03/25/16 12:14 PM
D
DH3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
aeb: You took their money, YOU make the rules. If they don't like it, hit the road Jack and don't come back no more, no more.

Old age and treachery beats youth and stupid every time!
Re: Tired of the griping [Re: stxranchman] #6236176 03/25/16 01:34 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I would not put up with it. Get them all together and lay it out plain and simple in YOUR terms. If anyone says a word other than agreeing...show them the gate. There are plenty of good lease hunters out there to have to put up with BS from the group you have now.

Mr. AEB, this is how I see it too. I don't own land but when I lease I treat it like my own. You're the one that put your financial butox on the line. It is your rules.

"If anyone says a word other than agreeing...show them the gate" I'll add to this by saying that any rule someone cant live with that's worth salt won't have to be shown the gate. They will thank you for your time and tell you respectfully that this is not the direction they want to go.

There are so many folks that are good lessees (yep, it's officially a word) that these current guys can be replaced if pretty darned quick.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Tired of the griping [Re: DH3] #6236514 03/25/16 08:27 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: DH3
aeb: You took their money, YOU make the rules. If they don't like it, hit the road Jack and don't come back no more, no more.

...no more, NO More*

Last edited by DirtNapTET; 03/25/16 08:27 PM.
Re: Tired of the griping [Re: aeb] #6237103 03/26/16 12:17 PM
R
Ranch Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: aeb
In fact, it was only last week that my wife suggested that I go to Brussels for a few days to relax. She would take care of the ranch! eeks333
Anyone been there? If so, what was the outcome? How did you work it out?

No, never had the desire to visit Europe. I suspect given the timing of your wife's suggestion that your visit would not been the usual tourist experience but probably what any visitor could expect from this point forward.

On a more serious note, I hope your health issues can be resolved but it actually might be time to serious and realistically look at your options. I'm a landowner and understand the dilemma you face. I've been trying to learn from my neighbors over the years, either through their experiences or observation, and it seems that we all need some type of "exit plan", just as you would with any occupation. Having watched others, I know that I won't be able to stay and take care of my land forever, I realize that I will eventually sell this place rather than hand the title over to a nursing home or hospital (they are very good at accepting them in lieu of payment).

I have a pretty good batch of children but they have all moved on and enjoy other interests. They appreciate their upbring and were included in discussions on this subject. They want what is best for mom & dad to have a healthy and happy life and if "Rancho Cost'a Plenty" gets in the way of that, they too say get rid of it and move on.

The funny thing about hunters is that they can make you an anti-hunter real quick. I say that somewhat in jest as I've leased to some very good individuals but a bad apple can really leave a sour taste for a long time.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide