Print Thread
Wounded Warrior Turkey Hunt #6221961 03/13/16 05:03 PM
V
VET11B Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
V
Hello fellow hunters, I'm new here to this forum. I am an Army Veteran and I'm currently working with the Warren Ranch out in Santa Anna, TX. on a wounded warrior turkey hunt. We are looking for one or two turkey guides to help donate their time and take these veterans and call in some turkeys for them. Food and lodging will be provided. The hunt is April 8th, 9th and 10th. Please email me if you are interested in donating your time.

cliftonplace84@gmail.com

Re: Wounded Warrior Turkey Hunt [Re: VET11B] #6221975 03/13/16 05:15 PM
K
KeithTT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
If I'm not in junction guiding that weekend count me in. welcome

Last edited by KeithTT; 03/13/16 05:21 PM.

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Re: Wounded Warrior Turkey Hunt [Re: VET11B] #6222146 03/13/16 08:54 PM
S
scubaarchery Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
I cannot do that weekend, I am out of the country. I am a former 12A5P (US Army Cavalry Officer). If the weekend moves to later in the season or you do it again next year give me a call. I would be honored to guide for these folks.

Sincerely,
Eric

Catch more hybrids, sand-bass and striper with the Thump’emup Thumper!
www.thumpemupfishing.com
Re: Wounded Warrior Turkey Hunt [Re: scubaarchery] #6223298 03/14/16 09:08 PM
L
Lipan Creep Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
Interested.
I sent you an email.

Re: Wounded Warrior Turkey Hunt [Re: VET11B] #6229711 03/20/16 01:27 AM
R
Rob G Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
I am an AD Air Force wounded warrior and would like to volunteer for this hunt if it's an option? Learning how to guide and also help with anything on the ranch or getting the WW's around,our wounded vets are our responsibility to take care of. Thanks for doing this and taking care of our veterans!

Respectfully,
Rob

Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.
-Sun Tzu
Re: Wounded Warrior Turkey Hunt [Re: VET11B] #6256071 04/12/16 12:24 AM
K
KeithTT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
This past weekend was very amazing and REAL!!!!! I was absolutely honored and privileged to share the turkey woods with some of Americas Hero's. Clifton Place made a "seeking guides for disabled veterans hunt" post through a hunting forum I'm on and I knew instantly this was something I needed to be a part of. Band Of Brothers outfitters keeps me plenty busy during the spring turkey season and I was scheduled to be on a paid hunt in Juction Texas this past weekend until I decided to postpone the money hunts and answer the call to help these Veterans. All Veterans deserve so much from this country they fight to defend and that especially goes for the ones who have come home disabled with a tough road ahead of them. The everyday freedoms that we as American Citizens live with, have all come with a price and for some it was a leg, a hand, a life, or even the everyday PTSD or visions of the horrible things they encountered in combat. These things are harsh life events that everyday people will never truly understand until they live it themselves. Many have found that new hobbies and friendships are a great escape from the troubles these men and women have come to face. That is why Clifton Place and Michael Toudouze have taken the time to organize these outdoor experiences where bonding, camaraderie, and new friendships ease the mind to a place a peace and fun in the great outdoors. I hope I am a part of many more of these outings and I encourage every single person who reads this to get involved. Whether you have a chance to take a veteran hunting, fishing, to a baseball game, or out to dinner it means the world to them to see the appreciation of what they went through to protect this country and your freedoms. The friendships, smiles, and time I got to spend with these guys this weekend will never be forgotten and I will go again tomorrow to do it again. Thank you all for your service and sacrifice, Clifton Place Arron Vandeventer Jose S Valdenegro Brian Fleming Armen Gamalyan Robert Ochoa Daniel R. Robles and someone please tag Cody or anyone else I missed. Wanna also say thanks again to the Warren Ranch, Gunwerks, Matthew Sherick and Band of Brothers Outfitters for letting me off work for the weekend, all the chefs-staff that made it awesome, and to all of the companies that donated and helped. The smiles and stories I witnessed all weekend were amazing and I can't wait to get the video together to show everyone else. Take a Veteran out as soon as you can, you will see for yourself how great of an attitude and spirit these men and women have kept after all they have been through. God bless our Veterans!!!

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide