Hunt donation needed!! #6225958 03/17/16 12:06 AM
E
Eland Slayer Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Guys,

I normally wouldn't solicit these types of things on the forum, but this is something I have learned more about and feel it is a very worthy cause.

My future sister-in-law (who runs the fund raising for the foundation) has asked that I try to find a ranch or outfitter that might be willing to donate a hunt to their charity golf tournament....benefiting the students of Christo Rey Jesuit School in Houston. Below is the letter with details....

"Fore! The 3rd Cristo Rey Jesuit Golf Classic will be teeing off on Monday, April 18, 2016 at Golf Club of Houston, and we want you, our close friend and supporter, to have advanced notice to participate. Based on the high participation at our previous Golf Classic events, we believe sponsorships for this tournament will fill up quickly. New this year, we have the opportunity to host our tournament on the site of the renowned Shell Houston Open, Golf Club of Houston.

The Cristo Rey Jesuit Golf Classic will be as unique and innovative as our education model. We will limit the number of teams on the prestigious Tournament Course, making the play a bit faster and more challenging. Sponsorship opportunities include Presenting, Course, Team, and Hole Sponsorships as outlined on the enclosed form.

As you know, Cristo Rey Jesuit is the only school in Houston that exclusively targets enrolling the children of limited financial resources with the mission to get them into college. We do this through a rigorous college prep education combined with an innovative and unique corporate work-study program. Now in our seventh year, Cristo Rey Jesuit is proudly educating a student body of over 510 freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors and placing them on a path to success in college and the years beyond. We are thrilled to announce that for the third year in a row, 100% of our graduating class of young men and women were accepted to college and they have earned $9 million in college scholarships. With the graduation of each of our senior classes we are now witnessing the ways that this school is transforming the lives of our students and is changing the landscape of education in Houston.

Sponsorship opportunities for the Cristo Rey Jesuit Golf Classic are enclosed. We anticipate another great tournament and participation will be determined on a first-come basis. Contact Erin Eisenhard at 281-501-1298 or eeisenhard@cristoreyjesuit.org if you have any questions.

Proceeds from the Cristo Rey Jesuit Golf Classic support student scholarships for our exceptional students, 100% of whom need financial assistance.

We look forward to hearing from you!"

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6226006 03/17/16 12:46 AM
L
Lonnie Paul Walker Jr. Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
What type of hunt are you looking for?

Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

"Lonnie Walker Outdoors"
Outfitter / Professional Guide
Wildlife Consultant
817-598-5338

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6226202 03/17/16 02:40 AM
E
Eland Slayer Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Preferably something in the $2,000-$5,000 range that will bring a lot of bids.

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6228088 03/18/16 03:36 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Eland, as I suggested on another forum in which you had this posted, if this is so dear to your heart why don't you buy a hunt somewhere and donate it? I've done that around here and it worked fine.

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Jgraider] #6228280 03/18/16 06:21 PM
E
Eland Slayer Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: Jgraider
Eland, as I suggested on another forum in which you had this posted, if this is so dear to your heart why don't you buy a hunt somewhere and donate it? I've done that around here and it worked fine.

Once again, thanks for that recommendation. If you are not interested in making a donation, then that is perfectly fine. However, please do not try to make me out as the bad guy for not buying a $5k hunt to donate. I have my own financial obligations to consider as well. I am simply trying to gain exposure for the foundation and drum up some interest in what I believe to be a worthy organization.

And for the record, I've already gotten one 7 day/3 animal safari donated to the auction. up

Thanks again for the free bump.

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6229801 03/20/16 02:32 AM
T
Troubador Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
or just be happy with whatever someone donates not put that steep of a request on it.

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6231563 03/21/16 07:21 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer
Originally Posted By: Jgraider

Once again, thanks for that recommendation. If you are not interested in making a donation, then that is perfectly fine. However, please do not try to make me out as the bad guy for not buying a $5k hunt to donate. I have my own financial obligations to consider as well. I am simply trying to gain exposure for the foundation and drum up some interest in what I believe to be a worthy organization.

And for the record, I've already gotten one 7 day/3 animal safari donated to the auction. up

Thanks again for the free bump.

So donate a $500 hog hunt.

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6236239 03/25/16 02:42 PM
R
Roo Basher Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Life is full of double edged swords.

I am a middle class kind of guy, and grew up in Wyoming. My father guided elk hunts on the side to his law enforcement career and told me several times he never wanted to be a outfitter, as he didn't want to rely 100% on a customer serviced based industry like outfitting. He got put in a weird situation every year on both sides when people would ask for items volunteered for RMEF, the local church groups and so on.

Campaigning for a good cause, especially when money is involved is challenging work.

I spent 20 years in the military and other than with big companies I rarely ask for a military discount (Home Depot & such). There was a time when I asked all the time, but now I see that it paints me in a different light when I do so with the wrong outfit. Not that I care 100% what people think of me, but I would prefer that they see all veterans in a better light.

Any disabled veteran doesn't want to be seen as the guy that always has his hand out. That isn't the way I was raised.

Kudos to Wade for helping the organization. I am not sure this was the right format for that, but it is hard to ask for something for free anywhere.

Wade might be better off asking outfitters closer to Houston that would have a bigger impact directly.

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6240751 03/29/16 11:03 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Maybe I'm the odd man out but there is a big difference in a ranch donating a hunt and wade buying it and auctioning it off

All he is doing is fundraising. A ranch can auction off a $5k hunt and write it off for a hunt that costs them maybe $1000

Pretty good reason to me to donate a hunt if I was a commercial ranching operation

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: txtrophy85] #6242360 03/31/16 01:40 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Maybe I'm the odd man out but there is a big difference in a ranch donating a hunt and wade buying it and auctioning it off

All he is doing is fundraising. A ranch can auction off a $5k hunt and write it off for a hunt that costs them maybe $1000

Pretty good reason to me to donate a hunt if I was a commercial ranching operation

A tad wet behind the ears there son.

For you or anyone else to donate something off the shelf all you're out is the cost of that item. For me to donate that hunt I'm out that animal cost, a guide fee, food and staff, AND the part everyone forgets about. The fact that the donated hunt occupies a spot that a full priced hunter could be occupying. It's virtually double the cost except for the price of the animal.

And then there's the intangible cost of getting on everyone's donation list.

I have quit donating hunts for that reason. I donate cash now, it's a LOT easier on the bottom line.

Last edited by therancher; 03/31/16 01:41 AM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: therancher] #6242674 03/31/16 01:01 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: therancher

For you or anyone else to donate something off the shelf all you're out is the cost of that item. For me to donate that hunt I'm out that animal cost, a guide fee, food and staff, AND the part everyone forgets about. The fact that the donated hunt occupies a spot that a full priced hunter could be occupying. It's virtually double the cost except for the price of the animal.

I have quit donating hunts for that reason. I donate cash now, it's a LOT easier on the bottom line.

If you're donating cash, I would like to be the first to request my name on that list.

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6243123 03/31/16 07:17 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Great work Eland Slayer. DamnDarn, this is a tough crowd...

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6248993 04/05/16 09:27 PM
Sugars Pop Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
ES,
Maybe you should try for a duck hunt since this is not looking positive so far.

Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: Eland Slayer] #6249394 04/06/16 02:25 AM
G
G ranch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Wade I'll help got a hunt for you PM sent

Bobby Grieger
Bobby.Grieger@yahoo.com or 254)495-0799
(HWR) Hensel Whitetail Ranch (Ranch Manager)
Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: therancher] #6252036 04/08/16 02:07 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: therancher

we donated hunts for quite a few years. did one this past December.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: txtrophy85] #6252842 04/09/16 03:24 AM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I haven't posted in a while but dammmmnnn it im chuckling!!!!! roflmaoI will just watch from the sideline and watch the end result. Regards.........................................................

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Hunt donation needed!! [Re: 7mag] #6252958 04/09/16 11:23 AM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: 7mag
I haven't posted in a while but dammmmnnn it im chuckling!!!!! roflmaoI will just watch from the sideline and watch the end result. Regards.........................................................

No joke Roy! crying Good luck to you sir.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide