Print Thread
AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup #6196700 02/24/16 04:16 AM
C
Captain Nathan Beabout Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
I have received a Champagne Lab pup from Dlime Ranch Silver Labs, www.silverlabs.info

This Champagne male, Axe is 10 weeks old, and has a great pedigree with hunting parents. I am going to start training him very soon. I will train him to either a Started dog or Finished Dog whichever the client prefers. I invite you to look at my website for details on each level, and feel free to contact me for more info on Axe. As a Started Dog, Axe would be ready for the 2016 hunting season.

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6196714 02/24/16 04:38 AM
B
Birdhunter61 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Just curious, what makes it champaign? Looks yellow to me..but maybe akc is recognizing champaign and silver labs now?

Robby

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6196770 02/24/16 06:42 AM
C
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C

The mother was silver and the dad is Champagne. you can find it on the breeder's website. AKC does recognize them, but not the silvers.

here is a picture of a yellow lab I am training from another breeder. Big color difference, and yellows usually come from a yellow female and black male.

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6196805 02/24/16 11:47 AM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Yellow, Black and Chocolate are the only colors recognized by AKC.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6196880 02/24/16 01:32 PM
M
maximumintensityretriever Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

The mother was silver and the dad is Champagne. you can find it on the breeder's website. AKC does recognize them, but not the silvers.

here is a picture of a yellow lab I am training from another breeder. Big color difference, and yellows usually come from a yellow female and black male.

Yellows can come from quite a few other combinations. You need to do some research on coat color inheritance. It will be an eye opener.

Tony Marshall
Maximum Intensity Retrievers
https://m.facebook.com/maximumintensity.retrievers
(903) 720-6842
Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6197012 02/24/16 03:04 PM
S
ShotGunWillie Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I love these discussions....

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6197025 02/24/16 03:16 PM
T
triggerbowtx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Hmmmm...wow... their website (the breeders website)...confuses me at best. Can't believe the selling point is about FC/AFC Pin Oaks Texas Rex being in his pedigree... that would make Rex the Great-Great-Great Grandfather of the puppies.

www.http://www.silverlabs.info/champ/index.htm website...hmm...

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: triggerbowtx] #6197106 02/24/16 04:21 PM
M
maximumintensityretriever Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: triggerbowtx
Hmmmm...wow... their website (the breeders website)...confuses me at best. Can't believe the selling point is about FC/AFC Pin Oaks Texas Rex being in his pedigree... that would make Rex the Great-Great-Great Grandfather of the puppies.

www.http://www.silverlabs.info/champ/index.htm website...hmm...

The scary thing is that a little Cosmo goes a long way so if these got in the right hands now you have titled dilutes or carriers of dilute out there. Yay

Tony Marshall
Maximum Intensity Retrievers
https://m.facebook.com/maximumintensity.retrievers
(903) 720-6842
Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6197237 02/24/16 05:43 PM
C
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
To be completely honest, I do not personally care if a dog has a pedigree 10 miles long, you can take any lab with the right energy and attitude and make a great working class bird dog out of them. I am not in the business of training and raising field trial dogs. Although I do like to watch that caliber of dog handle. I am in the business of training working dogs. I am a guide down on the middle coast, and if I do not have to get out of the blind to retrieve a duck through the mud, or off my dove stool, I am happy. I focus on training dogs that are so well minded a young kid can handle them, and are loyal enough to want to succeed and never give up on retrieves.

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6197269 02/24/16 06:01 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
That dog also has several very highly titled and respected labs from the 'pointing lab' world in the pedigree from not as far back with 4xGMPR, HRCH, MH titles. I know Mayo Kellogg is a bit of controversial figure in the lab world but the few people I have talked with up north always spoke very highly of his line.

As to what makes a Champagne/Silver/Ivory etc is that in those specific lines the (d/d) dilute gene is expressed. That's where the controversy comes from.... some say these are labs that have been crossed with weimaraners in the 1950s others say they have always existed back to when then breed was being formulated and are just being bred to bring out the recessive gene.

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6197419 02/24/16 07:34 PM
M
Migillicutty Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
No such thing as champagne.

Let's be honest here. These breeders aren't trying to better the breed, they are trying to come up with gimmicky crap to raise prices, and make more money because they don't have the skill or ability to train a dog to level it should be to be breeding material.

Last edited by Migillicutty; 02/24/16 07:37 PM.
Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6198193 02/25/16 04:01 AM
K
kid Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
K

You are consistent. Each post you have made consistently shows your lack of knowledge. Are you actually getting paid to train dogs?

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6198259 02/25/16 05:48 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I thought only recognized colors were black, chocolate, and yellow/cream. And the reds, silvers, etc were derivatives of one of those 3 colors, like black bears???? I guess a punnet square could clear this up.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6198283 02/25/16 08:09 AM
C
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
I might not know everything there is to know about pedigrees and which 4x great grandfather was the best, but I make a damn good living training dogs. I would be more than willing to show you my operation any time you want. As I said previously, I train working class dogs, not field trial. I do not breed dogs. I work closely with 2-3 breeders in my area, who for years I have purchased puppies from, and sold to many happy customers. I'll send your there numbers if you want. When you guide for a living and hunt 75-85 days of the season, you will understand what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with anyone over dogs. Papered dogs, unpapered dogs I really don't care. I provide a service to folks in my area, and I was given this pup, because the owners had to move. I will train this dog to be a great hunting dog, and hope to god it doesn't go to people like you; username (kid). Do you all have nothing better to do than sit around a bash somebody else's business. I got on this site, because I thought it would be a great place to meet outdoorsmen that share common interest, and understand the values of great hunting companions. Clearly I was mistaken, and everybody here must own the best dog out there. Well I will leave y'all to it, y'all figure out who has the best dog.

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6198356 02/25/16 01:04 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I have received a Champagne Lab pup from Dlime Ranch Silver Labs, www.silverlabs.info

This Champagne male, Axe is 10 weeks old, and has a great pedigree with hunting parents. I am going to start training him very soon. I will train him to either a Started dog or Finished Dog whichever the client prefers. I invite you to look at my website for details on each level, and feel free to contact me for more info on Axe. As a Started Dog, Axe would be ready for the 2016 hunting season.

Welcome to the forum. A couple things, but first if none of the pedigree or history made a difference why mention it. My guess is because you train and sell hunting labs. To me your clearly marketing the dog to be available for the 2016 season. others on here do the same for a living. I don't know all of them but they are vetting you, thats a good thing. dont take it personal, its business. this is a great place to converse with and meet like minded people. One of my best friends i met because he got a hunt from me on here. I cant begin to tell ya the countless good conversations, insight, and deals from the thf. Sure there are d!cks, but any internet forum has some. Im interested in hearing about your duck hunts.

Last edited by jorge; 02/25/16 01:07 PM.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6198622 02/25/16 03:57 PM
M
Migillicutty Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
You never know exactly who you are talking to on a forum. Don't judge by user name "kid" has set AKC records with his dogs, and is a proven amateur trainer and handler. Has had succes in FT, SRS and HT, and runs some extremely nice dogs. He also gives a ton back to the sport.

This is a great place to meet outdoorsman and hunting/dog enthusiast. Your error was getting on a dog board with serious dog people and promoting a "dilute", which serious dog people consider a black eye on a breed we love and work hard to improve. It is also an alarming red flag that you probably don't know as much as you think you do.

Lastly, any good gundog program uses training principles/concepts from FT training. The standard for a well trained dog is the standard. So when you constantly say "I JUST train gun dogs" it leads some to suspect that your standards are probably much lower than ours. Not knocking you just giving you some insight as to the reactions.

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6200407 02/26/16 06:47 PM
C
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
Ok, we got off way on the wrong foot. And I apologize to all of y'all for going on the defensive. I am by know means a world renowned dog trainer, I run a very small operation on my property where I live. I have trained dogs for years and enjoy training. I'm not big into all the breeding lingo, and very rarely get high end dogs. The dogs I buy and sale as trained are in my opinion great dogs, and by the end of their training will do everything I and the owner ask of them without hesitation. However, most of the dogs I train are customer dogs, somebody will call me up and ask if I can train their 2-8 month old pup to hunt dove, or ducks. I work very close with the client and dog when they come out for training sessions. and keep the dogs here for a period of 5-8 months. As I said before, I have never got into pedigrees, but I know a lot of people are. When the previous owners of this puppy came to me, and asked if I would find a home for this pup and train it if I wanted to, I couldn't turn them down. I listed the dog the way I thought would get peoples attention, not knowing it was going to be a bad thing. I am not big into these different colors, personally I like black and chocolate. But, because I gave my word to this couple, that I would find this pup a home, and hopefully a hunting home, I posted it. Username (kid) I think it is very cool that you are a proven trainer, and am not trying to take anything away from you. I understand that the world of dog handling is huge, and a lot of time and energy goes with it. And is way bigger than i will ever know, but I am always willing to learn what I can. So again, I am sorry if I had stepped on toes, or pissed anyone off.

Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout] #6200527 02/26/16 08:26 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
A couple of things Nathan. Dogs for sale belong in the for sale section at the top of this forum which also falls under our classified rules. But you also would need to have a 100 posts and 6 months time to post there or have paid for a membership. http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6006247/Rules_and_access#Post6006247
Your not allowed to post dogs for sale down here in the discussion forum. Since you posted down here it looked like any other thread open for discussion, opinions, and questions where differences of opinions are welcome and are an important part of this format.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide