6242936 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6196700 - 02/23/16 10:16 PM AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup
Captain Nathan Beabout Offline
Green Horn

Loc: Texas
I have received a Champagne Lab pup from Dlime Ranch Silver Labs, www.silverlabs.info

This Champagne male, Axe is 10 weeks old, and has a great pedigree with hunting parents. I am going to start training him very soon. I will train him to either a Started dog or Finished Dog whichever the client prefers. I invite you to look at my website for details on each level, and feel free to contact me for more info on Axe. As a Started Dog, Axe would be ready for the 2016 hunting season.

www.abkennels.com
https://www.facebook.com/AB-Kennels-1548482618703822/?ref=bookmarks

#6196714 - 02/23/16 10:38 PM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
Birdhunter61 Offline
Bird Dog

Just curious, what makes it champaign? Looks yellow to me..but maybe akc is recognizing champaign and silver labs now?

Robby

#6196770 - 02/24/16 12:42 AM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
Green Horn

The mother was silver and the dad is Champagne. you can find it on the breeder's website. AKC does recognize them, but not the silvers.

here is a picture of a yellow lab I am training from another breeder. Big color difference, and yellows usually come from a yellow female and black male.

www.abkennels.com

#6196805 - 02/24/16 05:47 AM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
BradyBuck Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Abilene, TX
Yellow, Black and Chocolate are the only colors recognized by AKC.

#6196880 - 02/24/16 07:32 AM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
maximumintensityretriever Offline
Tracker

Loc: Longview, Texas
Originally Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

The mother was silver and the dad is Champagne. you can find it on the breeder's website. AKC does recognize them, but not the silvers.

here is a picture of a yellow lab I am training from another breeder. Big color difference, and yellows usually come from a yellow female and black male.

Yellows can come from quite a few other combinations. You need to do some research on coat color inheritance. It will be an eye opener.
(903) 720-6842

#6197012 - 02/24/16 09:04 AM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
ShotGunWillie Offline
Bird Dog

I love these discussions....

#6197025 - 02/24/16 09:16 AM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
triggerbowtx Online   content
Outdoorsman

Hmmmm...wow... their website (the breeders website)...confuses me at best. Can't believe the selling point is about FC/AFC Pin Oaks Texas Rex being in his pedigree... that would make Rex the Great-Great-Great Grandfather of the puppies.

www.http://www.silverlabs.info/champ/index.htm website...hmm...

#6197106 - 02/24/16 10:21 AM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: triggerbowtx]
maximumintensityretriever Offline
Tracker

Loc: Longview, Texas
Originally Posted By: triggerbowtx
Hmmmm...wow... their website (the breeders website)...confuses me at best. Can't believe the selling point is about FC/AFC Pin Oaks Texas Rex being in his pedigree... that would make Rex the Great-Great-Great Grandfather of the puppies.

www.http://www.silverlabs.info/champ/index.htm website...hmm...

The scary thing is that a little Cosmo goes a long way so if these got in the right hands now you have titled dilutes or carriers of dilute out there. Yay
(903) 720-6842

#6197237 - 02/24/16 11:43 AM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
Green Horn

To be completely honest, I do not personally care if a dog has a pedigree 10 miles long, you can take any lab with the right energy and attitude and make a great working class bird dog out of them. I am not in the business of training and raising field trial dogs. Although I do like to watch that caliber of dog handle. I am in the business of training working dogs. I am a guide down on the middle coast, and if I do not have to get out of the blind to retrieve a duck through the mud, or off my dove stool, I am happy. I focus on training dogs that are so well minded a young kid can handle them, and are loyal enough to want to succeed and never give up on retrieves.
www.abkennels.com

#6197269 - 02/24/16 12:01 PM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
mattyg06 Offline
Bird Dog

That dog also has several very highly titled and respected labs from the 'pointing lab' world in the pedigree from not as far back with 4xGMPR, HRCH, MH titles. I know Mayo Kellogg is a bit of controversial figure in the lab world but the few people I have talked with up north always spoke very highly of his line.

As to what makes a Champagne/Silver/Ivory etc is that in those specific lines the (d/d) dilute gene is expressed. That's where the controversy comes from.... some say these are labs that have been crossed with weimaraners in the 1950s others say they have always existed back to when then breed was being formulated and are just being bred to bring out the recessive gene.

#6197419 - 02/24/16 01:34 PM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
Migillicutty Online   content
Outdoorsman

Loc: N. Texas
No such thing as champagne.

Let's be honest here. These breeders aren't trying to better the breed, they are trying to come up with gimmicky crap to raise prices, and make more money because they don't have the skill or ability to train a dog to level it should be to be breeding material.

Edited by Migillicutty (02/24/16 01:37 PM)

#6198193 - 02/24/16 10:01 PM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
kid Offline
Light Foot

You are consistent. Each post you have made consistently shows your lack of knowledge. Are you actually getting paid to train dogs?

#6198259 - 02/24/16 11:48 PM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
jorge Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Lake Jackson, TX
I thought only recognized colors were black, chocolate, and yellow/cream. And the reds, silvers, etc were derivatives of one of those 3 colors, like black bears???? I guess a punnet square could clear this up.

Contact #: 210-837-6742
GEORGE.SAKAI@YAHOO.COM

#6198283 - 02/25/16 02:09 AM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
Green Horn

I might not know everything there is to know about pedigrees and which 4x great grandfather was the best, but I make a damn good living training dogs. I would be more than willing to show you my operation any time you want. As I said previously, I train working class dogs, not field trial. I do not breed dogs. I work closely with 2-3 breeders in my area, who for years I have purchased puppies from, and sold to many happy customers. I'll send your there numbers if you want. When you guide for a living and hunt 75-85 days of the season, you will understand what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with anyone over dogs. Papered dogs, unpapered dogs I really don't care. I provide a service to folks in my area, and I was given this pup, because the owners had to move. I will train this dog to be a great hunting dog, and hope to god it doesn't go to people like you; username (kid). Do you all have nothing better to do than sit around a bash somebody else's business. I got on this site, because I thought it would be a great place to meet outdoorsmen that share common interest, and understand the values of great hunting companions. Clearly I was mistaken, and everybody here must own the best dog out there. Well I will leave y'all to it, y'all figure out who has the best dog.
www.abkennels.com

#6198356 - 02/25/16 07:04 AM Re: AB Kennels Port Lavaca, Tx; Champagne Lab pup [Re: Captain Nathan Beabout]
jorge Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Lake Jackson, TX
I have received a Champagne Lab pup from Dlime Ranch Silver Labs, www.silverlabs.info

This Champagne male, Axe is 10 weeks old, and has a great pedigree with hunting parents. I am going to start training him very soon. I will train him to either a Started dog or Finished Dog whichever the client prefers. I invite you to look at my website for details on each level, and feel free to contact me for more info on Axe. As a Started Dog, Axe would be ready for the 2016 hunting season.

Welcome to the forum. A couple things, but first if none of the pedigree or history made a difference why mention it. My guess is because you train and sell hunting labs. To me your clearly marketing the dog to be available for the 2016 season. others on here do the same for a living. I don't know all of them but they are vetting you, thats a good thing. dont take it personal, its business. this is a great place to converse with and meet like minded people. One of my best friends i met because he got a hunt from me on here. I cant begin to tell ya the countless good conversations, insight, and deals from the thf. Sure there are d!cks, but any internet forum has some. Im interested in hearing about your duck hunts.

Edited by jorge (02/25/16 07:07 AM)

Contact #: 210-837-6742
GEORGE.SAKAI@YAHOO.COM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide