Print Thread
Just got my ratings back for my MEB #6188095 02/18/16 01:52 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline OP
Taking Requests
OP Offline
Taking Requests
S
Got an email with my rating yesterday and when I added them up into a VA combined disability calculator I'm at 100% well 96.8% rounded up to 100%. My question is should I sign up for social security disability and if so when? Do I wait until I ETS or can I start the process now? How much is SSD on average per month?

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6188198 02/18/16 03:17 AM
C
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
you can sign up now for you social security i have meet several people do it just send in your latter if you need help with this stuff i am really good i have helped a lot of people get the ratings the deserve and how bout getting there social security in temple there is a women who sole job is to work with military she gets it moving quick and really looks out for you just send me a pm i know you knot think much of me but i had a lit of time to read befor i got out my command wants nothing to do with me after i cocked a master sergeant for calling me stupid because i made mistake dispute knowing i had a sever head injury so thy put pu in an empty office building with internet access you va rating is not aded up there is a formal i know you dont want it out here but is you send me the number i can tell you what your getting useless i says 100% no you really want this 100% from the army because the army can chang there ratings and the va can so is your on active duity still if should be from the army not the va call me id you like i can halp i have black spots so you have to work with me but i can tell you want you need to do to get every thing your entitled too 254 319 3188 that goes for any one in the web system dont settle till you feel you get what your own dont let them i am glad you got your ratings while your in i had t apply 3 times they only gave me 10% for my back despite the back i could not young my things turn or anything they doc said i was fine i have to fine for 2 areas to get mine up i started at 10% for my knees despite showing i have artist in every sigle going in my body 3 this spice of built loved near my spine Night maras my first deployment they gave me an M14 and an agog that i sis not like so i told my dad he had the local stith by our house it was a very small village made ma a set up to use a bater scopes it was nice but not for me i did not have a problem pulling the trigger but like my dad who was a real sniper is first tour inNam could nt handle seeing the fame of the med he put down after a few i was not able to sleep I was aclty scared to sleep most night from night mares so i talk to my BC told him and he thanked me for being honest and gave me my m4 back any how i am good worth paper work i was first to recast to 42A even with memory problems cant spell cant read and the still felt i could sever the army best as human resources the MOS was 136%full if i would not have gotten promoted in school i would have never made my 6 to top points but i think i can help you and if you like to fish call me or any on can call me I cant handle my boat by my self and my wife wont let me take it by my self so your or anyone who wants to fish would be doing me a favor i love it i helps with my ptsd but i cant aford to pull the boat all the time it gets espensives so so regluel army guys if you know any who want to fish the can call me all i ask from them is to split the bill with me right down the middle i think is is far and they wont find a better deal any were I just got some new bait and wanted to drift limestone lake for big blues they thous e moving out of the rivers an d in to the lake this time a year I dont get to get out much and every one know when i was here as hoped as you probably know having ptsd can make it hard to make friends with people even is it is just fishing buddy i love to do it but wife wont let me by my self heres a pic of the boat i can put a wheel chair in on the floor there is that much room i bout it because just of that reason i took a wheel chair vet fishing and someone stole his chair out of my truck i bought him a new one that is when i decided to sell my 18ft and get a wider and longer boat i got it off a rich guy who's dad had also did mourned the same as my father from Agent Orgne related cancer so he doped it to what i had in my pocket and made his friend give me what ws level for his wanty for the insert I love to cat fish but will chase anything this was from the last 3 trips last year off bait all the money i make selling bait and guiding i use sever sent on disabled vets and there family something about being on the lake helps calm the mind i know if it was not for a total stranger I would not be here today i was really bad off and fishing helped me when i was how much do i woe him he said just pay me back my helping other s who need it i must have been doing something right i have tons of thanks letters for little kids and wife for helping them get there dad and father back once gils paper had tear drops on it he was so happy he dady was playing with her again so that has to be something about being on the lake that helps the mind heal may be it is because it is boastful you dont need to bee on full alert all the times you can relax and just enjoy your self i get guys who just nat to go for a boat ride around belton lake after a ruff day i am happy to help like i said there is not shame is asking for it if i if it wasn't for someone helping me i would not be here today so if you know anyone who could use this time let me know i

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6188447 02/18/16 12:35 PM
U
upsslim Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
Glad to see you getting what you deserve. When I got mine I got a phone call from the VA. When the guy said you are 100% I almost had a heart attack. Put in for SS as soon as you can. When you get it you will also get medicare after a while. Get a good supplement and you'll pay nothing for doctors, hospitals, etc. Also take advantage of all the other benefits. No taxes on your home, free hunting and fishing license, free state park pass, free drivers license, $3 handicapped license plates, and a lot more. Don't feel bad about using your benefits. You deserve everything you get. Thank you very much for your service and your sacrifice.

East Texas
Patriot Guard Rider
Flag Captain
Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6191167 02/19/16 10:12 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Got an email with my rating yesterday and when I added them up into a VA combined disability calculator I'm at 100% well 96.8% rounded up to 100%. My question is should I sign up for social security disability and if so when? Do I wait until I ETS or can I start the process now? How much is SSD on average per month?

T&P? (Totally and Permanently)

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6191178 02/19/16 10:18 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline OP
Taking Requests
OP Offline
Taking Requests
S
As of right now its temporary so Ill have a follow up I guess a few months after I get out but should be changed to permanent after that.

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6191305 02/20/16 12:00 AM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Hate to bust your bubble but VA's not tied to a MEB. I wish you all the best, of course, but don't hang your hat on a MEB. DoD and VA use completely different standards. Just a heads up.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6191336 02/20/16 12:24 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline OP
Taking Requests
OP Offline
Taking Requests
S
I seen the PEBLO today and seen my rating as well as my compensation dollar amount. It is 100%.

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6191347 02/20/16 12:36 AM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Cool, then good luck to you.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6191383 02/20/16 12:56 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline OP
Taking Requests
OP Offline
Taking Requests
S
The Army's portion of the MEB is to find you fit or unfit for referred conditions. They usually use the VA's rating but not always. The army found me unfit and gave me a rating of 50% for my condition. The VA's combined ratings for me are 100%. Because the Army rated me at 50% for my unfit condition I get medical retirement rather than separation payment and no blue ID card. The VA plays a huge part of an MEB heck I never even talked to anyone if the Army it was all VA people I dealt with.

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6194111 02/22/16 02:11 PM
S
Skip Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Congratulation SapperTitan. I hope it all works well for you. Sounds like you have your ducks in a row. Don't waste time with the SS Admin. Start it as soon as you can. If you need help with your SS Disability go to a SS Disability Lawyer they know what they are doing with that stuff.

Skip
Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6198331 02/25/16 12:29 PM
T
tenyearsgone Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
If you want to work in the civilian world I'd do a little research to see the ramifications of getting SSD. I'm only at 90% so I haven't been down that road, but there's such a thing as unemployable where you have restrictions on having a job. I don't know if getting SSD puts you in that category (makes sense that it would).

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6198545 02/25/16 03:05 PM
G
Guero Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
It does...once you receive SSD you are deamed unworkable. Also look into the VA process. I believe the only way you may receive SSD is if VA has said you cannot work. Don't quote me on this but to be found unworkable by the VA you have to apply for that status. Just what I have heard lately.

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: Guero] #6199373 02/26/16 01:05 AM
T
tenyearsgone Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Guero
It does...once you receive SSD you are deamed unworkable. Also look into the VA process. I believe the only way you may receive SSD is if VA has said you cannot work. Don't quote me on this but to be found unworkable by the VA you have to apply for that status. Just what I have heard lately.

Yeah, you do have to apply. The topic was broached briefly when I was going through all that rating stuff and I said no way. I was only in the mid 20's at the time.

Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6225023 03/16/16 02:42 AM
N
Nathan at Fork Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
N
When I got out, I went through MEB, got my rating from the Army, and had to apply for VA compensation seperately. You can apply for VA before you get out though. My MEB and VA ratings were different and involved completely different doctors and exams.

If you do get rated at 100% through the VA, you get all the compensation and benefits but can still work. If you do not get 100% but are still unable to work because of your service connected disabilities, you can apply for IU Individual Unemployability and if it is apprived, you will get paid the 100% rate, get the 100% benefits, but you cant work.

If you apply for your VA compensation within one year of your ETS date then your benefits will be backdated to your ETS date. If you wait more than a year after getting out, your benefits will start the date you applied.

I applied for SSD right when I got out and didnt have any problems with it going through. It came back long before my VA stuff was done.

[Linked Image]
Re: Just got my ratings back for my MEB [Re: SapperTitan] #6439064 09/05/16 06:53 PM
T
Tex68w Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I was medically discharged back in January, I was rated 40% but I was told by my PEBLO that I could easily get it to 60% if I care to take the time to deal with it. I don't want my injury to dictate or define my existence nor do I want it to be a constant reminder or a crutch in my every day life. I deal with my pain without taking my meds because I hate how they make me feel and life goes on. One day I'm sure I'll wake up and say that I can't go on like this anymore and I will have to succumb to surgery and upping my rating but until then it's a daily mind over matter battle to deal with the pain. Congrats to the OP and his rating, I know how shitty the MEB process can be and how long it can take to complete and I don't wish it upon anyone. Thanks for your service and best of luck with the next chapter in your life.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide