Forums46
Topics537,816
Posts9,729,472
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6196548 02/24/16 02:39 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
[quote=wal1809]Every trap we pulled had not been fished in a long time. Every trap was an efficient waste of rescourses.

Nevermind it's a waste of breath

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6196709 02/24/16 04:25 AM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Apparently you you wish to make a statement without commitment.

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6196958 02/24/16 02:28 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
wal your a terrible person, trying to clean up the bay is none of your business, these traps that belong to the weekend warriors that get left out during a closed season should be left alone, geez

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: garrett] #6196978 02/24/16 02:42 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: garrett
wal your a terrible person, trying to clean up the bay is none of your business, these traps that belong to the weekend warriors that get left out during a closed season should be left alone, geez

flehan

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197149 02/24/16 04:50 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: wal1809

Nailed it cheers

I'm actually more pleased that those were legal traps, via correct construction.

Hence live fish and not death traps full of bones. Love how you dumped undersized sheephead in the bottom of a muddy boat. cheers

Trying not to cloud a good thing but you make it hard wal.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6197157 02/24/16 04:53 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Nailed it cheers

I'm actually more pleased that those were legal traps, via correct construction.

Hence live fish and not death traps full of bones. Love how you dumped undersized sheephead in the bottom of a muddy boat. cheers

Thank you for your very well thought out contribution to the thread. Your leadership as a moderator on the Texas Hunting Forum is an inspiration to us all.

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197188 02/24/16 05:11 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Nailed it cheers

Thank you for your very well thought out contribution to the thread. Your leadership as a moderator on the Texas Hunting Forum is an inspiration to us all.

It's aggravating Wal, preach the preach but don't walk the walk. That's all. Do a great thing then cloud with personal interjections and not facts. Then dump a bunch of fish in silt in the bottom of the boat...

Like I said I saw a great positive that those traps are the right design with escape doors and legal. Thus eliminating massive waste of resources.

That's a huge positive. Good job on the clean up Wal, that's a huge positive, as before same interjections arent

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6197290 02/24/16 06:10 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Nailed it cheers

It's aggravating Wal, preach the preach but don't walk the walk. That's all. Do a great thing then cloud with personal interjections and not facts. Then dump a bunch of fish in silt in the bottom of the boat...

Like I said I saw a great positive that those traps are the right design with escape doors and legal. Thus eliminating massive waste of resources.

That's a huge positive. Good job on the clean up Wal, that's a huge positive, as before same interjections arent

I believe that this thread has been about the clean up efforts, it was the last one that was deleted or locked that had plenty of personal interjections from both sides.

cloud with a chance of rain?

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197328 02/24/16 06:38 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
You're correct I misread about the non-efficient non-waste of resources as I saw nothing but bones being dumped in to bottom of a clean boat. I apologize Sir. No rain in forcast I'll go back to my hole

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197350 02/24/16 06:50 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I guess I see trash left in the water as a waste of resources, regardless of material and construction

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197352 02/24/16 06:51 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Why is it another popular site that has a wayyyyyy worse opinion of crabbers than I could ever hope to have, can run up 19 pages about the crab trap clean up? Why is it they can organized 100s of people to rally and volunteer without 1 negative post? 19 pages, hundreds of people getting together, weekend long parties that are now tradition and not one person acting like a child? 19 pages of Pictures of children getting involved enjoying doing the right thing. We can't even have a conversation without a verabal sparring match.

Thus I say I appreciate your leadership in making this a forum that promotes outdoor fellowship. Thank You For not finding any little thing, be it right or wrong, to pick at this thread. Thank you for holding this project in the highest regards. I know if I had young children, your posts are the ones I wish they would read because you bring a plethora of positive to our outdoor world. If I was a paying sponsor your positive enlightenment is what I would want my customers to read.

Thank you Sir

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197572 02/24/16 09:28 PM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Wal. The other forum you talk about is all sport fisherman that are going hate ANY commercial fishing period, unless they are off shore drifting behind a shrimp boat. What you did is a good thing ( cleaning up the bay) how you went about cussing and slandering crabbers was a bad thing. Unless your diet consist of nothing but fresh air and scenery I wouldn't go around bashing people that feed you up

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197596 02/24/16 09:47 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Yet another thread going right straight into the toilet.

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197600 02/24/16 09:51 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Even after the man asks you in public you two still can't give it up. What new members would want to join this site with this going on? The best choice for me was to hit the ignore button for a few people. Unfortunately it won't allow me to do that to the mod.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6194819/let's_make_it_a_good_2016#Post6194819

Last edited by wal1809; 02/24/16 09:53 PM.
Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197648 02/24/16 10:25 PM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Wal stop trying to set me up for something I haven't done. You insulted a mod, I then answered a question and complimented you on your efforts. Stop trying to troll this convo into something it isn't

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: Jeff Elder] #6197670 02/24/16 10:40 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Wal stop trying to set me up for something I haven't done. You insulted a mod, I then answered a question and complimented you on your efforts. Stop trying to troll this convo into something it isn't

He didn't insult me just doesnt understand what I was saying nor clearly will he. The thread hasnt went in the toilot. Clean up was a success and so are the regulations that commercial and sportsmen are following.

Good news is regulations are working, it evident that the trap construction laws are being followed and the death trap association is just rhetoric.

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6197684 02/24/16 10:51 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W

He didn't insult me just doesnt understand what I was saying nor clearly will he. The thread hasn't went in the toilet. Clean up was a success and so are the regulations that commercial and sportsmen are following.

Good news is regulations are working, it evident that the trap construction laws are being followed and the death trap association is just rhetoric.

No it isnt Bobo. EVERY trap I pulled was in fact illegal. Each fall out door was not tied with twine, each was crimped with stainless steel bulldog crimps. Wired shut. They are allowed to use wire but not stainless steel bulldog crimps. I do get it. I mentioned my dislike for the industry a long time ago. John stepped in and I stopped. It is you and your posse that won't let that statement go. You keep throwing in your twisted tidbits of false information like the fish dumped in silt. You weren't even there to see they were dumped from the trap and then thrown over board. You found one little thing, that happened to be wrong, and you picked at it. Why is it you are allowed to continue to do this to every thread I have posted since the beginning of duck season. I haven't seen one positive thing you offer the board. I have never seen you try to organize hunts with THF members. I have ever seen you organize anything to gather members about and promote the site. Right now all your doing is keeping this going until I trip the trigger to get banned. Why are you allowed to keep doing this? Your an instigator not a moderator. You're trolling not moderating.

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197707 02/24/16 11:16 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

He didn't insult me just doesnt understand what I was saying nor clearly will he. The thread hasn't went in the toilet. Clean up was a success and so are the regulations that commercial and sportsmen are following.

No it isnt Bobo. EVERY trap I pulled was in fact illegal. Each fall out door was not tied with twine, each was crimped with stainless steel bulldog crimps. Wired shut. They are allowed to use wire but not stainless steel bulldog crimps. I do get it. I mentioned my dislike for the industry a long time ago. John stepped in and I stopped. It is you and your posse that won't let that statement go. You keep throwing in your twisted tidbits of false information like the fish dumped in silt. You weren't even there to see they were dumped from the trap and then thrown over board. You found one little thing, that happened to be wrong, and you picked at it. Why is it you are allowed to continue to do this to every thread I have posted since the beginning of duck season. I haven't seen one positive thing you offer the board. I have never seen you try to organize hunts with THF members. I have ever seen you organize anything to gather members about and promote the site. Right now all your doing is keeping this going until I trip the trigger to get banned. Why are you allowed to keep doing this? Your an instigator not a moderator. You're trolling not moderating.

Doing what???? Its called having an opinion supported by facts?

OK we will make this personal. Johe stepped and corrected you BS with the regulations.

Those are the same traps you can buy at tackle town, Academy etc.
Just because the rings hadnt rusted out yet doesnt make them SS. They are legal, hence why fish where alive. Why not pics of fish bones wal?

I'm sorry you take issue with the fact I don't like the way you take shots at a profession under disguise of conservation, I think it's BS. You did it in the first thread and did it again in this thread

Sorry if you are upset because I find it offensive that you preach conservation of the bay then dumped a bunch of undersized sheephead in bottomed of the boat to be covered with sand and silt for a glorious photo opportunity...Ya I think thats irresponsible and sick

Great job on the crab trap clean up, but
Again you have to take shots.

Like I said before waste of breath. As far as THF hunts that's funny, extremely funny.

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197743 02/24/16 11:36 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
You don't even know the rings that I'm talking about. I haven't even posted a picture of the Bulldog stainless steel crimps. I'm not talking about the two and a half inch escape hatch for fish I am talking about the large fall away door that is allowed to fall after the trap has been in the water for a period of time. I have not even posted a picture of the Bulldog crimps on the fall away doors.

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197766 02/24/16 11:53 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
You don't even know the rings that I'm talking about. I haven't even posted a picture of the Bulldog stainless steel crimps. I'm not talking about the two and a half inch escape hatch for fish I am talking about the large fall away door that is allowed to fall after the trap has been in the water for a period of time. I have not even posted a picture of the Bulldog crimps on the fall away doors.

What ever you say Wal.. you where clueless to the regs after your BS rant last time, hence sniper posting them for you.

It's very clear now your motivation isn't conservation but targeting an industry.
That's not cool

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197789 02/25/16 12:11 AM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Your assumptions and ability create a story are amazing.

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6197830 02/25/16 12:33 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E

Doing what???? Its called having an opinion supported by facts?

OK we will make this personal. Johe stepped and corrected you BS with the regulations.

Those are the same traps you can buy at tackle town, Academy etc.
Just because the rings hadnt rusted out yet doesnt make them SS. They are legal, hence why fish where alive. Why not pics of fish bones wal?

I'm sorry you take issue with the fact I don't like the way you take shots at a profession under disguise of conservation, I think it's BS. You did it in the first thread and did it again in this thread

Sorry if you are upset because I find it offensive that you preach conservation of the bay then dumped a bunch of undersized sheephead in bottomed of the boat to be covered with sand and silt for a glorious photo opportunity...Ya I think thats irresponsible and sick

Great job on the crab trap clean up, but
Again you have to take shots.

Like I said before waste of breath. As far as THF hunts that's funny, extremely funny.

I have no dog in this fight, but would like to know how dumping a fish out in the bottom of a boat is SICK. I do it all the time when fishing out of my muddy jon boat so as not to get finned. Then I release them or string them. The released fish show no ill effects?

I don't give a rat's arse who likes or dislikes crabbing or any other industry. Cleaning up waters is a good thing.

Carry on

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6197836 02/25/16 12:35 AM
L
Limit Extender Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Bobo, I don't think you are getting a custom call for Christmas either. Welcome to the club.

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6201180 02/27/16 12:49 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
It is you and your posse that won't let that statement go. You keep throwing in your twisted tidbits of ....

Boy, that sounds familiar. Some folks, aka "the Posse", runnin their suck just to.......run it.
Haters are gonna hate.

I haven't seen one positive thing you offer the board.I

If rational, informative, intelligent, entertaining dialogue were requisite for THF membership, there would be significantly fewer posse trolls.

In all honesty, Wal's posts are some of the more informative and entertaining posts for duck hunters. I'd ban his fanboys, aka posse, before I'd ban Wal.

If burning at the stake was an option instead of banning certain nefarious characters, I bet a " 1st Annual THF Wal's Posse BBQ and sacrificial bonfire" would be a hit.

Why are you allowed to keep doing this? Your an instigator........ You're trolling.......

I've asked that very same question concerning "the posse's" propensity for trolling folks to the point of absurdity.. One of the great mysteries in life, particularly why it's allowed. The sites I mod, they get one warning. ONE. Then ban purgatory.

Since we're riding our high horses (and Wal won't respond to my PM's), that piece of 100 yo Bois 'de Arc that you sweet talked out of my buddy under the premise of making us all a commemorative duck call as a momento for the goose hunt he hosted last Feb, I've given up on ever getting that call but I'd appreciate it if you'd at the very least make him the call and send it to him. He didn't want to give it away but after the umpteenth time hearing you.talk about wanting some and him ignoring it, he felt like he didn't really have much of a choice. He and I both put a lot of time and effort into organizing and planing that hunt. Hell of a way to show your gratitude.

I hunt KS every year and this year Ive heard all the "Isn't he a cop? Why would he do that......" BS I care to hear. It's embarassing, and You promised to make us a call for the wood and it's been over a year. I've PM'd you about it and you don't reply, I'd say it's pretty damn obvious you have no intention of making good on your word.

You posted a thread on one of the Bois de Arc you're selling made from the wood he gave you. Make him a call and I'll pay you for it. Tell me what it costs, how you want to be paid, and ship it to my house. I'll see that he get's it.

Before anyone ( or the "posse") runs their suck, it is my damn business. Steve's my friend, he and I organized the hunt for you guys, spent a lot of time putting it together, and you were welcomed into my home instead of sleeping in a motel. We all heard you mention how you always wanted to make a call out of that wood to the point that Steve brought up the matter when he said privately that he didn't really have that much wood and didn't want to give it away. And I was sitting at the dinner table when the conversation took place promising each one of us a call in exchange for it.

That's a heck of a position to be put in. Cop or not, it's BS. And I'm tired of making excuses for it..

Re: For you duck hunters that want to contribute as well [Re: wal1809] #6201212 02/27/16 01:21 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
The timing is wrong for me to light your hind end on fire on this forum in front of everyone. There is no doubt you're telling a lie. Steve has been contacted regularly by Robert, even as soon as two days ago. I have talked to Steve. Steve got a picture of 4 calls and was allowed to pick first. He received video of the calls while they were being made. What you put out there is nothing but a pure BS made up lie. By the way you probably ought to take the post down. Now is the really not a good time on the thf for this stuff. You probably should call Robert back. He will explain all the questions you have. If you need further coddling you have my telephone number.

These The calls you say I didn't make?

Last edited by wal1809; 02/27/16 01:47 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide