Forums46
Topics537,929
Posts9,730,805
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: J Loves Huntin] #6159317 01/28/16 04:47 PM
J
jhprice2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
thats sucks! what sucks even more is how people try and defend these low lifes
its more than obvious these douche bags love to take up for one another though....there all tied into the same cheating and scamming circle

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6159715 01/28/16 09:47 PM
L
LAX Bro Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
This will be interesting for all of us to hear the full story, if we ever do. That totally sucks that people have lost money. Maybe I lucked out. I know I've been burned by a guide before and it is just infuriating. Good to have people report stuff like this.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: 7m STW] #6159960 01/29/16 12:37 AM
S
STXHO Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: 7m STW
Originally Posted By: J Loves Huntin
Sorry to hear that had a similar experience a few years ago. Lost $150 in deposit money and then was called a liar on this forum by his friends even tho I had receipts and proof of never having a single call answered.

If someone took my money and did that I wouldn't stop with a rant get a lawyer and get what is owed to you back. It's not up to some else friends to decide if your wrong or not.

Just a question. . Your going to get a lawyer over $150? Im sure a good lawyer could rack that $150 up to $5,000+ for you but your attorney fees will be a lot more than that. I don't have a dog in the fight but when someone wants to play the "lawyer game" get ready its expensive and at the end of the day it all boils down to who wants to spend the most $ and who has the most $.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6160110 01/29/16 01:49 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
'Glad he didn't follow through on "helping me out."

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6160433 01/29/16 05:38 AM
B
Boargear Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Seems as you are getting a side of the story most of these guys are not as you have mentioned it twice now. Why don't you enlighten them, I have a dog in the fight and know whats going on I'm choosing to keep it on a PM level. Kind of funny that you told someone you might hurt there feelings I might add I'm sure that helped the guys getting screwed feel better about the situation and your character as well as your business for and future hunts and the 30 people they will probably tell about it with one side of the story.

Last edited by Boargear; 01/29/16 05:41 AM.
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6160436 01/29/16 05:51 AM
B
Boargear Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
And I will apologize for mentioning any thing about your character as I do not know you.It was more to get the point across. So please except my apology on that part.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: Boargear] #6160440 01/29/16 06:01 AM
S
STXHO Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Boargear
And I will apologize for mentioning any thing about your character as I do not know you.It was more to get the point across. So please except my apology on that part.

Apology accepted, no offense taken. Here is the bottom line. I text Cody and told him a gentleman was trying to get ahold of him. he said ok thanks. End of convo.. By me saying there are 2 sides to every story means just that. I do not know Codys side of the story and I do not really care. Thats his business not mine. He can handle it himself. I was asking a question about legal counsel over $150 not meaning to start a debate, which I figured would happen I don't know why I even asked. Say what you want about my business, at the end of the day I know how I handle my business and so do my clients, thats all that matters to me. I have done nothing but comment on this post and I am only involved because I know Cody and I was trying to help the OP out by reaching out to Cody for him.

Last edited by STXHO; 01/29/16 06:02 AM.
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6160444 01/29/16 06:18 AM
B
Boargear Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
I will also say I meant your business no personal attack, again getting the point across. I personally like your website and have hopes that you do handle your business professionally. And truly wish you the best in the future.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: Boargear] #6160445 01/29/16 06:24 AM
S
STXHO Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Boargear
I will also say I meant your business no personal attack, again getting the point across. I personally like your website and have hopes that you do handle your business professionally. And truly wish you the best in the future.

Thanks, my web man will like that. I give him a really hard time lol. I handle my business the way I was raised to handle business. Treat people the way you want to be treated. No offense taken.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6160497 01/29/16 12:32 PM
T
TxDuck24 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I was messaged this don't know if it's true or not!

http://www.southernbuckoutfitters.com

They are posting under new name. Look at the promo hog hunt. I looked at the website. All the pictures are from Cody.

Ruffling Feathers Guide Service
Capt. Brandon Kendrick
936-671-3407
Port O' Connor, Tx
www.rfguideservice.com
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: TxDuck24] #6160526 01/29/16 01:17 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TxDuck24
I was messaged this don't know if it's true or not!

http://www.southernbuckoutfitters.com

They are posting under new name. Look at the promo hog hunt. I looked at the website. All the pictures are from Cody.

Just a phone number. No names. No address.

Looks like Joshua Creek for the lead photo.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: Creekrunner] #6160534 01/29/16 01:23 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
I talked to the outfitter for that website the last two days. The person I spoke to was not named Cody - he is HansAg here on the forum.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6160569 01/29/16 01:50 PM
HansAg Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6160627 01/29/16 02:31 PM
R
Ricochet83 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
R
I hunted with Gaudalupe outfitters 2 times last year. I can tell you that Southern Buck Outfitters are a few of Cody's guides that didnt want to work under him any more and branched out and started their own guiding company ( Southern Buck Outfitters.) They are in no way affiliated with cody whatsoever. HansAg on here was a guide for Cody that i had the pleasure of hunting with my first trip with Gaudalupe Outfitters. He is a great guide. He does everything in his power to make sure that you get on the animals you are after and have the ability to harvest your trophy. These guys did it right when they branched out and i happen to know that they went and made the situation as right as possible with the landowners that were getting the shaft and took over the hunting rights to those properties because the landowners knew they had done it right to protect everyone and knew these guys were good guys putting together a legit guide service.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6160705 01/29/16 03:10 PM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
I guess those "vouching" for Cody because they are long time friends, might need to do some re-evaluating. Or perhaps....birds of a feather....

HansAg, you said it best, what a mess. Best of luck to you on your new venture. Integrity goes a long ways in being successful and it seems like you have it.

Last edited by rtp; 01/29/16 03:11 PM. Reason: finished last sentence

Let'em grow old
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: Ricochet83] #6160887 01/29/16 05:02 PM
N
nyalubwe Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
This is good to know. That you for stepping up and posting that.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6161577 01/30/16 02:06 AM
R
Ricochet83 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
R
I just want to do my best to make sure that anyone on here doesn't take a negative approach to Brandon (HansAg) because he did work for Cody. I have not spoken to Cody since the completion of my second hunt in August. But I have spoken to Brandon several times since then about his new venture and his concern with being associated with Cody. I just hope the guys at Southernbuckoutfitters get a fair shot to show what they can do and what better platform than right here with nothing but seasoned hunters who know exactly what they are looking for in an exotic hunt. Their prices are great so I hope if someone is looking for a good high quality inexpensive hunt they will keep Brandon and his guys in mind and try them out.
By the way I am not affiliated with southernbuckoutfitters in any way I just know what they can do and know a good chunk of the properties they have access to and they are in some prime areas.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: Ricochet83] #6161636 01/30/16 02:40 AM
C
CitySlickerHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Ricochet83
I just want to do my best to make sure that anyone on here doesn't take a negative approach to Brandon (HansAg) because he did work for Cody. I have not spoken to Cody since the completion of my second hunt in August. But I have spoken to Brandon several times since then about his new venture and his concern with being associated with Cody. I just hope the guys at Southernbuckoutfitters get a fair shot to show what they can do and what better platform than right here with nothing but seasoned hunters who know exactly what they are looking for in an exotic hunt. Their prices are great so I hope if someone is looking for a good high quality inexpensive hunt they will keep Brandon and his guys in mind and try them out.
By the way I am not affiliated with southernbuckoutfitters in any way I just know what they can do and know a good chunk of the properties they have access to and they are in some prime areas.
clap

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith
10/30/2012 I VOTED for The American
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6161843 01/30/16 10:10 AM
J
JustCUZ Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
First; my wife and I hunted with Cody and his guide Patrick last year and had a good time, saw a ton of deer and blackbuck and got our trophies. We were happy and I even recommend him to people. That was a mistake. He owes a very good friend of mine $ as a result and he will not respond to him at all.

Cody has also owed me $ for quite sometime now. My check has been "in the mail" 3-4 different times lol I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, like a do with anyone, hoping he'd come around and do the right thing. But now he won't respond to me either and after reading all of this I'm pretty sure I can kiss my $ goodbye. hammer I don't like to put my business "out there" but I also DO NOT take kindly to someone stealing from me!!

Hopefully this will help a hunter, or another outfitter, avoid trusting this guy.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6163404 01/31/16 08:32 PM
RedSnake Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I never had a problem on either of my two hunts this past year with Cody -- the second of which I believe Brandon guided me (great by the way) and I whiffed on a monster axis.

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6163518 01/31/16 10:59 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Thanks to all the members for speaking up. People don't do it enough when they get ripped off. I think many are embarrassed to do so. I've heard enough to know I will never book with him or recommend him.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6164027 02/01/16 04:30 AM
Sherpa Dog Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
hanged

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6164689 02/01/16 06:38 PM
E
ETXHUNT Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
E
I don't have a dog in this fight but I thought I would let ya'll know of the experience I had with Cody.

Myself and a buddy of mine hunted with Cody last year and had a great hunt. Cody guided us himself and stopped at nothing for us to make sure we harvested. We both got our animals and Cody even offered me a great discount on another animal which I took. We had no complaints.

I will be booking with another Outfitter this year.

Last edited by ETXHUNT; 02/01/16 06:39 PM.
Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6175636 02/09/16 02:36 PM
B
bu2herndog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
After reading this thread, aside from Cody, I know who I will not be sending $150 to or hunting with.

Made it sound like "well, sorry about your bad luck but you're not getting your money back. It's only $150 you should be fine."

Re: Guadalupe Outfitters / C3 Guide??? [Re: rborn] #6178630 02/11/16 05:19 AM
C
CaterpillarMan10 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Ok, I stayed quiet for a long time here because of popular opinion of him, but I got the raw end of a deal by Cody too. First, I had a extremely difficult time getting ahold of him as he hid behind Diane. Finally I booked a hunt for a 35" Corsican ram at his place in Comfort. The day before I am supposed to hunt, his guide calls me to confirm my "axis" hunt. I tell him no, I am going after a ram. He says ok, and offers an axis buck for the same price. The next day during the hunt, no sheep are seen, axis are constantly pushed on me and no shots are taken. We break for lunch and the guide calls me back to say he located a big black ram that I will be happy with, but we will be hunting a new place. I agree and set up a time to meet. I follow the directions to the front gate of the Circle NA Ranch. At that point I am told we will be hunting this place with a different outfitter, I will have another guide in addition to my original one, and I will have to sign their waivers, etc. We hunt an hour and the "huge black ram" is a 28" Corsican. I shoot it to not go home empty handed but get charged the same price as the 35" ram I was guaranteed. I pay the guide because Cody would not answer his phone and I don't want to make a scene on another persons ranch while also getting stuck having to tip both guides. Once I get back home, I call Diane and confront the issue of price vs size difference. She agrees that the price was much too high and guarantees a free axis doe on a later hunt to make up the difference.

About a month after the hunt, the manager of the Circle NA Ranch calls me and asks if I had spoken to Cody lately. I say no and that I was not happy with how it had all gone down. He then tells me that Cody had not only not paid him for the ram we had killed, but that he had also sent him a phony credit card number to charge the fees to. That is the last I have heard from anyone at Guadalupe Outfitters and I have no plans of doing business with them again. Not only was he dishonest but a flat crook too. Just my $ .02.....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide