Forums46
Topics536,987
Posts9,719,151
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180408 02/12/16 04:23 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
You know all you have to do is feed more correct... roflmao

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6180416 02/12/16 04:26 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Still doesn't answer the question Bobo. It is either one or the other. If what you are saying is true, explain the panhandle. Long season but same limit as Kansas. If what you are saying is true, why is Texas so much longer?

And again, it is not as simple as a one sentence explanation. There are many more factors than your "either or".

You keep talking about harvest numbers, but my argument has been the target on mature deer. Looking at the examples you provided, where are you more likely to see mature deer as a percentage of the herd?

When did Texas have a draw for tags for whitetails?

Again seasons are about long term sustainability. They are in accordance to probability of reaching a percentage of harvest goals..

Texas is unquie in that majority of the state needs to hit harvest goals to improve herd health,

The how agruement about Tradition is dumb. It's never ever been about tradition, saying that show complete lack of understanding of why we have seasons.

Again same reason why MLD has become so popular.

Lots of folks don't give a whit about tradtion and think it's dumb. I'll grant you that. Mostly young folks who are all about getting hearing their rifle go bang and getting them a buck on the ground quick and easy. HF, October, February, whatever.....

It's the new normal in the era of Waddell and company......

Lol, oh the irony. It's really funny actually.

Halrious!!!!!

Pulpits about tradition, yet completely ignores why we have seasons.

Thinks it all about YOU. Lol.

Let me put this in simpler terms....why does KS have a draw for Tags and we do not? Why do they have ML restrictions on equipment and we do not. ZERO todo with tradition.

Or better yet why does CO have OTC units and Draw units for all weapons?

It has ZERO to do with Tradition has everything about sustainable harvest.

One, any weapon season, would not effect the sustainability of Texas Deer herd.

TPWD job is to maintain sustainability not pitty your tradition. Thank God they don't for the most part.

MLD is about herd management, thus why there are three levels and first two focus on doe and herd numbers first and foremost. Why you can't see the black and white on the subject is beyond me.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: SniperRAB] #6180420 02/12/16 04:26 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

Sssshhhhhhhhh

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: txshntr] #6180426 02/12/16 04:29 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
How big is the core, how far will they travel...never mind, we have had that argument before and it is for a different day grin

As far as the topic at hand, additional pressure does move that core area and travel distance. Pressure for 3 months instead of 2 does make a difference. A bow hunter will put more pressure on the deer in most cases than a rifle hunter, but there is a correlation between the overall number of additional hunters once rifle season starts. IME, there is a valid argument that opening the season early to rifle hunters will make a difference on the habits of the deer because of the added pressure.

So make it harder hunting...lol

That's an NP all about me response. Don't want rifle hunting in Oct, don't allow it or find a place that doesn't. In mean time let's continue down the path of being great conservations and land stewards, lets expand the MLD type season so we can maintain better control over our herd management.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6180434 02/12/16 04:40 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
How big is the core, how far will they travel...never mind, we have had that argument before and it is for a different day grin

As far as the topic at hand, additional pressure does move that core area and travel distance. Pressure for 3 months instead of 2 does make a difference. A bow hunter will put more pressure on the deer in most cases than a rifle hunter, but there is a correlation between the overall number of additional hunters once rifle season starts. IME, there is a valid argument that opening the season early to rifle hunters will make a difference on the habits of the deer because of the added pressure.

So make it harder hunting...lol

That's an NP all about me response. Don't want rifle hunting in Oct, don't allow it or find a place that doesn't. In mean time let's continue down the path of being great conservations and land stewards, lets expand the MLD type season so we can maintain better control over our herd management.

Go back and read my previous post on this thread. I never denied why I didn't want the rifle season extended. I am selfish and like the woods to myself. I want the first chance to hunt mature deer when they are easier to pattern before the rifle hunters because they are much easier to kill with a rifle than a bow. I can justify my selfishness by saying that I am choosing to use a weapon that isn't as efficient, thereby taking more effort and thought to be successful. Everyone has the same choice and opportunity to do as I do.

There isn't a year that goes by that I don't get a couple of deer on camera that I don't say "I better get him before rifle season because he will die".

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: txshntr] #6180438 02/12/16 04:41 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: rifleman
"Because ALL the other hunting activity is being carried out by bow hunters as well. Driving roads, filling feeders, putting out cameras, picking up cards etc.

I just pointed out (validly) that there are MANY more gunshots fired during October by squirrel and dove hunters than rifle deer hunters.

It greatly contradicts your argument."

Great Points...They are Working Ranches, it does NOT disturb the Deer.
It's really a simple process of patterning a animal..Not Rocket Science

If it was that simple, we would all get the specific deer we were after every year. This is complicated stuff man!!! rofl

Jshouse wants to respond.....maybe even deleted a response or 2.

yeah well, I didn't want to make this about me, although Sniper, have you ever heard my story? grin

Sssshhhhhhhhh

not that easy bang

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180459 02/12/16 04:58 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
JHouse ....STX filled me in...

I will pray for you Sir roflmao

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180462 02/12/16 05:00 PM
W
WestTxAg07 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
W
It's pretty simple, if you do not take advantage of what the law allows, you have no reason to complain. Now that crossbows are legal no one has an excuse not to get out and hunt during bow season.

The reason for bow season and shooting doe only during bow season makes sense. The overall success rate is low, so they figure only a fraction of doe will be shot with a bow vs rifles. It's not a way to pick on the rifle guys, its a way to slowly introduce the option to shoot a doe where you normally would not have been able to do so.

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: SniperRAB] #6180467 02/12/16 05:06 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

the 6th year's the charm!

If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: txshntr] #6180512 02/12/16 05:39 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

Sssshhhhhhhhh

2 more letters should be carried out on that. Hogs will be real happy.

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jshouse] #6180516 02/12/16 05:41 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: jshouse

the 6th year's the charm!

If he's still alive, he died from laughing at this...

Originally Posted By: jshouse
I don't hunt for the kill, I hunt for the chase and the memories. I would pick beef and chicken over venison every time so I don't care to fill my feeezer, and if I don't see a buck that I want to put on my wall I don't shoot.

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180559 02/12/16 06:28 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Next year will be different...wait, we gon shock the world!...wait, hope!

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180562 02/12/16 06:30 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
You & Obama with that hope & change spiel.

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180595 02/12/16 06:57 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
ok, NOW you've crossed the line

Last edited by jshouse; 02/12/16 06:57 PM.

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180637 02/12/16 07:28 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Should've built the Trump wall. grin

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180640 02/12/16 07:28 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I bet that big 8pt shows back up in March. whistle

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180653 02/12/16 07:46 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
of course he will

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180654 02/12/16 07:47 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Think you could kill him with a rifle in Oct? (Assuming you don't build the wall to block him off before he returns)

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6180674 02/12/16 07:59 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
this past season I would say yes, prior to that I don't think it would have mattered at all.

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6181187 02/13/16 01:32 AM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I am an avid deer hunter and will hunt with about any legal weapon that gets me time in the woods. I also prefer the separate seasons. I love archery and agree it is a different strategy then rifle. Positioning ones self to ambush a deer at less then 25 yards in a less hunter occupied woods is different than sitting in a blind and watching territory for a rutting Buck at 25o yards. I would also love to see a separate additional muzzle loader season in Dickens county where I have my place as I sure enjoy that aspect as well.

Re: I don't know if this has been posted yet [Re: jsplinter] #6182599 02/14/16 04:55 AM
J
Jhunt Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Wow! Would love to see Doe Days for Freestone County. We have a huge population in our area.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide