Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,020
Posts9,719,467
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services #6128145 01/10/16 07:58 AM
AmerMirza Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Hello. I am a new hunter and I have paid quiet a few $$$ to hunt on many lands to learn there was no animals and wasted my money. I live in Dallas, TX and would like to hunt on a land till I get a Doe. I am a new hunter and might very well miss a shot or may get it. I would like to exchange my services such as building you a website or doing some technical work for you in return for a Doe (Female Deer). Please dont post any discouraging words. Thank you.

*** I barter for Meat Hunts. You dont Pay a $! Website and Facebook Promo for Meat Hunts. Ask me how !***
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6128380 01/10/16 03:35 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You go to the range first and learn to shoot. I'm not going to put a poor shooter in a blind to maim a doe. I doubt anybody else will either.

Not an attack on you, just a thought.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6128430 01/10/16 03:58 PM
T
TXGH Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Straight Shooter
Hello. I am a new hunter and I have paid quiet a few $$$ to hunt on many lands to learn there was no animals and wasted my money. I live in Dallas, TX and would like to hunt on a land till I get a Doe. I am a new hunter and might very well miss a shot or may get it. I would like to exchange my services such as building you a website or doing some technical work for you in return for a Doe (Female Deer). Please dont post any discouraging words. Thank you.

It would be best to spend some time on the range. practice at different yardages, and different positions like you may encounter in the field. Most outfitters will not put a shooter on their land that may only wound an animal. Once you feel you can make a ill shot try your luck with some hogs. If a hog is injured, it is not as ethical, but not as big of a deal. Then once you are SURE you can make kill shots. then you can upgrade to deer.

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 01/10/16 03:59 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6128431 01/10/16 03:58 PM
T
TxAg Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Sir-

You need to realize many ranch owners care very much about their wildlife. When you clearly indicate that you don't have confidence in your shooting it raises red flags. Addiotionslly, it implies a lack of respect for the animal's life, even if you didn't mean it that way. This adds up to you hurting your chances of someone taking you up on your offer.

Learning to shoot accurately should be a pre-requisite to hunting. I would recommend you spend this off season to build your shooting skills so that by next season you can confidently make this same offer. You can do this on your own, and have a lot of fun doing so. You should also definitely take your Hunter's Education course if you haven't done so yet.

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6129897 01/11/16 12:26 PM
A
aclaimsman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
It seems that the question you should be asking is for someone to teach you to shoot. Sorry to burst your bubble and meaning no disrespect, but with a post like yours, you would not be coming on my land anytime soon.

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6129934 01/11/16 01:19 PM
B
Buzzard Breath Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."Sun Tzu

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6129949 01/11/16 01:34 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Something's been lost in the op's translation here. Not trying to be discouraging at all.'Just worded very strangely.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6130191 01/11/16 03:54 PM
M
Mike Savoy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Call me 512-635-2320 . I may have something for you.
Mike

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6130592 01/11/16 07:35 PM
M
M Bennet Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
I'll sit with you.come go with me.we all have to start some were.940 577 5289. Call me

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6131016 01/11/16 11:25 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
^^^. That right there is your answer. Monte will show you the ropes and put you on a pig.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6131619 01/12/16 04:36 AM
AmerMirza Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
I am VERY VERY HAPPY to see that most (almost all) of you are ethical people. You are all concerned about injuring the animal and that is A BIG CONCERN of mine too. That is why I prefer to hunt in a private ranch first (preferably Mgmt Deer) because I know that it will not runaway where I cannot find it & possibly get help. Again, it has NEVER happened that I shot and injured an animal and it ran away. I may be underestimating myself for my shooting skills. The one deer I shot I shot it close to the heart but it went another property and died but died in 4 minutes. (just yesterday).

So, let me clarify what I am saying. I am not trying to "kill" nor trying to be trigger happy. smile I am trying to hunt and hunt for meat. I, personally, am against hunting only for trophy so I got respect for the animal. When I say I "may" miss is because I am not used to hunting from sitting in a blind. When I was in a blind, I had a hard time aiming and I had to let the deer go and not shoot. The shot I made was from Tree Stand where I was able to have more room and stand at time too. I have spent 100's of dollars running from land to land responding to Craigslist ad and not finding any deer. Thus, I dont want to pay any more $$$ and want to offer services in return for hunt. Once again, THANK YOU EVERYONE for showing support for the animal and encouraging me as well. I appreciate it. I want someone to tutor me or guide me in hunting and I see some of you have made that offer. So, thanks again.

Amer

*** I barter for Meat Hunts. You dont Pay a $! Website and Facebook Promo for Meat Hunts. Ask me how !***
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: Cast] #6131620 01/12/16 04:37 AM
AmerMirza Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
You are correct and I respect what you said. I have responded to everyone's feedback in the long post.

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: TxAg] #6131627 01/12/16 04:41 AM
AmerMirza Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Originally Posted By: TxAg
Sir-

You need to realize many ranch owners care very much about their wildlife. When you clearly indicate that you don't have confidence in your shooting it raises red flags. Addiotionslly, it implies a lack of respect for the animal's life, even if you didn't mean it that way. This adds up to you hurting your chances of someone taking you up on your offer.

Learning to shoot accurately should be a pre-requisite to hunting. I would recommend you spend this off season to build your shooting skills so that by next season you can confidently make this same offer. You can do this on your own, and have a lot of fun doing so. You should also definitely take your Hunter's Education course if you haven't done so yet.

I didnt take that as a disrespect. Wish everyone thought like you. I did mention to someones ad on Craigslist for Deer hunt and I stating I am new & requested a discount if I miss the hit. They said "You need to start somewhere" and they recommended to keep shooting wherever and at whatever till u get it down. LoL. Yes, I have Hunters Ed course and Hunting license in TX. I am assuming y'all had a parent or a closed one who taught you how to shoot. I have no one really to teach me. So, you need to see where I am coming from. I sat in 300 acre land by myself because I was motivated yet couldnt find anyone else to take with me who had 'hunting license'. Thanks.

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6131628 01/12/16 04:43 AM
S
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Its ironic your screen name is straight shooter, good luck to you hopefully you can get some training

Last edited by sparrish8; 01/12/16 04:45 AM.
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: Mike Savoy] #6131629 01/12/16 04:44 AM
AmerMirza Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Thank you M Bennett. I would love to do that. As mentioned, I have no family member or any one close to me who is a hunter. I am all self taught. That is why I am being open minded and taking everyones feedback well without any egos. I will call you and we can work something out. Thanks for the offer. I dont even mind being put on a pig. LoL...

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: sparrish8] #6131654 01/12/16 05:08 AM
AmerMirza Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Originally Posted By: sparrish8
Its ironic your screen name is straight shooter, good luck to you hopefully you can get some training

It will take time till I earn that title. I got motivation. I pro-actively got the user name. hahahahaaaaaa

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6131962 01/12/16 03:06 PM
M
M Bennet Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
I don't mind helping some one learn.

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6134267 01/13/16 10:41 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Growing up, living in the suburbs, it was a 40 minute drive to go to a family friend's undeveloped land to target shoot. Nobody hunted. Fast forward many years and it wasn't until three years ago that I had somebody to hunt with. I haven't hunted much longer than that. Point is, I am "self-taught" with regards to hunting, not target shooting. I come here to learn. There are a lot of smart people with lots and lots of experience that are willing to share. As for having somebody to hunt with, while it is nice to have the option at times, I most often prefer to go by myself.

Good luck to you.

-Mickey

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6134496 01/14/16 01:24 AM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Straight Shooter
I am VERY VERY HAPPY to see that most (almost all) of you are ethical people. You are all concerned about injuring the animal and that is A BIG CONCERN of mine too. That is why I prefer to hunt in a private ranch first (preferably Mgmt Deer) because I know that it will not runaway where I cannot find it & possibly get help. Again, it has NEVER happened that I shot and injured an animal and it ran away. I may be underestimating myself for my shooting skills. The one deer I shot I shot it close to the heart but it went another property and died but died in 4 minutes. (just yesterday).

So, let me clarify what I am saying. I am not trying to "kill" nor trying to be trigger happy. smile I am trying to hunt and hunt for meat. I, personally, am against hunting only for trophy so I got respect for the animal. When I say I "may" miss is because I am not used to hunting from sitting in a blind. When I was in a blind, I had a hard time aiming and I had to let the deer go and not shoot. The shot I made was from Tree Stand where I was able to have more room and stand at time too. I have spent 100's of dollars running from land to land responding to Craigslist ad and not finding any deer. Thus, I dont want to pay any more $$$ and want to offer services in return for hunt. Once again, THANK YOU EVERYONE for showing support for the animal and encouraging me as well. I appreciate it. I want someone to tutor me or guide me in hunting and I see some of you have made that offer. So, thanks again.

Amer

Run away where you can't find it.....?

"I, personally, am against hunting only for trophy so I got respect for the animal."
What are you trying to say there? Sounds like your saying that you think only meat hunters have respect for the animal.

Just because you may do a hunt in a high fence doesn't mean you will find it if you wound it. Yeah you can find it a few days later after vultures show you where it's at. But many people seem to think that fence means a guarantee. It's just not that simple.

Take a few of the guys up on their offer to take you out and show you how to put it in the kill zone and track an animal.

If you were near me I wouldn't mind taking you out and showing you a few basics. I can tell your new and concerned. I wish more would express that as honestly because I have have been down the road with first time hunters before and it can be challenging sometimes just teaching them patience and basics.

Even if you get the opportunity to go squirrel hunting some place with a fella, do it. Take every chance you get to do any kind of hunt and not just now hunt, until you feel very confident you know what your doing.

Everyone is going to wound something sooner or later. Learning that you did that and what to do when it happens is a little different each time. Always be patient, not just while your waiting for the animal to show.

Last edited by Curtis; 01/14/16 02:36 PM.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: M Bennet] #6135187 01/14/16 03:09 PM
A
altez Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
Originally Posted By: M Bennet
I'll sit with you.come go with me.we all have to start some were.940 577 5289. Call me

Awesome!

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6136454 01/15/16 03:09 AM
C
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
i shot a deer this year with new type of amo for my shot gun i was using federal barns expander and had to switch over to horty sst slugs it went through and through hitting both lungs it to me my son and to other very experienced hunter to track it it ran over 200yard and hardly bled i to 4 hours in the dark to fined it if you lived closer to ft hood i would help you out with the shooting i have had more soldiers then can remember show coolant shoot when i got them one 2 days and the rang and they were 100time better then when they started

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: chemdawg] #6136637 01/15/16 06:19 AM
AmerMirza Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Originally Posted By: chemdawg
i shot a deer this year with new type of amo for my shot gun i was using federal barns expander and had to switch over to horty sst slugs it went through and through hitting both lungs it to me my son and to other very experienced hunter to track it it ran over 200yard and hardly bled i to 4 hours in the dark to fined it if you lived closer to ft hood i would help you out with the shooting i have had more soldiers then can remember show coolant shoot when i got them one 2 days and the rang and they were 100time better then when they started

I have a Shotgun, Rifle (3006) and Quadpro Crossbow. Please send me a message with your Ph # and I would love to pay you a visit and learn. Thank you.

Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: Cast] #6192557 02/21/16 02:48 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Cast
You go to the range first and learn to shoot. I'm not going to put a poor shooter in a blind to maim a doe. I doubt anybody else will either.

Not an attack on you, just a thought.

Yep, that is why paper and cans and rocks are made. rifle

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: TxAg] #6192560 02/21/16 02:50 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: TxAg
Sir-

Absolutely

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza] #6203336 02/29/16 08:30 AM
AmerMirza Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide