Forum Stats
60482 Members
45 Forums
476270 Topics
6247750 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6128145 - 01/10/16 01:58 AM I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services
AmerMirza Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Plano (Dallas), Texas, USA
Hello. I am a new hunter and I have paid quiet a few $$$ to hunt on many lands to learn there was no animals and wasted my money. I live in Dallas, TX and would like to hunt on a land till I get a Doe. I am a new hunter and might very well miss a shot or may get it. I would like to exchange my services such as building you a website or doing some technical work for you in return for a Doe (Female Deer). Please dont post any discouraging words. Thank you.

#6128380 - 01/10/16 09:35 AM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
You go to the range first and learn to shoot. I'm not going to put a poor shooter in a blind to maim a doe. I doubt anybody else will either.

Not an attack on you, just a thought.

I have a short attention spa

#6128430 - 01/10/16 09:58 AM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
jtprocaddie Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Houston, Texas
Originally Posted By: Straight Shooter
Hello. I am a new hunter and I have paid quiet a few $$$ to hunt on many lands to learn there was no animals and wasted my money. I live in Dallas, TX and would like to hunt on a land till I get a Doe. I am a new hunter and might very well miss a shot or may get it. I would like to exchange my services such as building you a website or doing some technical work for you in return for a Doe (Female Deer). Please dont post any discouraging words. Thank you.

It would be best to spend some time on the range. practice at different yardages, and different positions like you may encounter in the field. Most outfitters will not put a shooter on their land that may only wound an animal. Once you feel you can make a ill shot try your luck with some hogs. If a hog is injured, it is not as ethical, but not as big of a deal. Then once you are SURE you can make kill shots. then you can upgrade to deer.

Edited by jtprocaddie (01/10/16 09:59 AM)

#6128431 - 01/10/16 09:58 AM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
TxAg Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Live in Katy, Hunt in Llano Co...
Sir-

You need to realize many ranch owners care very much about their wildlife. When you clearly indicate that you don't have confidence in your shooting it raises red flags. Addiotionslly, it implies a lack of respect for the animal's life, even if you didn't mean it that way. This adds up to you hurting your chances of someone taking you up on your offer.

Learning to shoot accurately should be a pre-requisite to hunting. I would recommend you spend this off season to build your shooting skills so that by next season you can confidently make this same offer. You can do this on your own, and have a lot of fun doing so. You should also definitely take your Hunter's Education course if you haven't done so yet.

#6129897 - 01/11/16 06:26 AM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
aclaimsman Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Parker County
It seems that the question you should be asking is for someone to teach you to shoot. Sorry to burst your bubble and meaning no disrespect, but with a post like yours, you would not be coming on my land anytime soon.

#6129934 - 01/11/16 07:19 AM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
Buzzard Breath Online   content
Woodsman

"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."Sun Tzu

#6129949 - 01/11/16 07:34 AM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
Creekrunner Online   happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Something's been lost in the op's translation here. Not trying to be discouraging at all.'Just worded very strangely.

#6130191 - 01/11/16 09:54 AM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
Mike Savoy Offline
Tracker

Call me 512-635-2320 . I may have something for you.
Mike

www.centexwildlife.com (under construction)

#6130592 - 01/11/16 01:35 PM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
M Bennet Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: northtexas
I'll sit with you.come go with me.we all have to start some were.940 577 5289. Call me

#6131016 - 01/11/16 05:25 PM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
^^^. That right there is your answer. Monte will show you the ropes and put you on a pig.

I have a short attention spa

#6131619 - 01/11/16 10:36 PM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
AmerMirza Offline
Woodsman

I am VERY VERY HAPPY to see that most (almost all) of you are ethical people. You are all concerned about injuring the animal and that is A BIG CONCERN of mine too. That is why I prefer to hunt in a private ranch first (preferably Mgmt Deer) because I know that it will not runaway where I cannot find it & possibly get help. Again, it has NEVER happened that I shot and injured an animal and it ran away. I may be underestimating myself for my shooting skills. The one deer I shot I shot it close to the heart but it went another property and died but died in 4 minutes. (just yesterday).

So, let me clarify what I am saying. I am not trying to "kill" nor trying to be trigger happy. smile I am trying to hunt and hunt for meat. I, personally, am against hunting only for trophy so I got respect for the animal. When I say I "may" miss is because I am not used to hunting from sitting in a blind. When I was in a blind, I had a hard time aiming and I had to let the deer go and not shoot. The shot I made was from Tree Stand where I was able to have more room and stand at time too. I have spent 100's of dollars running from land to land responding to Craigslist ad and not finding any deer. Thus, I dont want to pay any more $$$ and want to offer services in return for hunt. Once again, THANK YOU EVERYONE for showing support for the animal and encouraging me as well. I appreciate it. I want someone to tutor me or guide me in hunting and I see some of you have made that offer. So, thanks again.

Amer

#6131620 - 01/11/16 10:37 PM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: Cast]
AmerMirza Offline
Woodsman

You are correct and I respect what you said. I have responded to everyone's feedback in the long post.

#6131627 - 01/11/16 10:41 PM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: TxAg]
AmerMirza Offline
Woodsman

Originally Posted By: TxAg
Sir-

You need to realize many ranch owners care very much about their wildlife. When you clearly indicate that you don't have confidence in your shooting it raises red flags. Addiotionslly, it implies a lack of respect for the animal's life, even if you didn't mean it that way. This adds up to you hurting your chances of someone taking you up on your offer.

Learning to shoot accurately should be a pre-requisite to hunting. I would recommend you spend this off season to build your shooting skills so that by next season you can confidently make this same offer. You can do this on your own, and have a lot of fun doing so. You should also definitely take your Hunter's Education course if you haven't done so yet.

I didnt take that as a disrespect. Wish everyone thought like you. I did mention to someones ad on Craigslist for Deer hunt and I stating I am new & requested a discount if I miss the hit. They said "You need to start somewhere" and they recommended to keep shooting wherever and at whatever till u get it down. LoL. Yes, I have Hunters Ed course and Hunting license in TX. I am assuming y'all had a parent or a closed one who taught you how to shoot. I have no one really to teach me. So, you need to see where I am coming from. I sat in 300 acre land by myself because I was motivated yet couldnt find anyone else to take with me who had 'hunting license'. Thanks.

#6131628 - 01/11/16 10:43 PM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: AmerMirza]
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker

Its ironic your screen name is straight shooter, good luck to you hopefully you can get some training

Edited by sparrish8 (01/11/16 10:45 PM)

#6131629 - 01/11/16 10:44 PM Re: I want to hunt !! Can barter for Website or Technical Services [Re: Mike Savoy]
AmerMirza Offline
Woodsman

Thank you M Bennett. I would love to do that. As mentioned, I have no family member or any one close to me who is a hunter. I am all self taught. That is why I am being open minded and taking everyones feedback well without any egos. I will call you and we can work something out. Thanks for the offer. I dont even mind being put on a pig. LoL...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide