475577 Topics
6238765 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6125185 - 01/08/16 06:59 AM Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All
DQ Kid Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Flower Mound, TX

#6125192 - 01/08/16 07:10 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: DQ Kid]
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
It does sound like the guides were the main culprits though. Very light sentence - not much more than a speeding ticket. Which indicates the authorities feel that way also.

#6125196 - 01/08/16 07:17 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: DQ Kid]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
Maybe I watch too much law and order, but is it part of a deal?

#6125199 - 01/08/16 07:21 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: DQ Kid]
Western Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
And all the fellas that came to her defense saying it was bogas roflmao No new facts, other than a conviction..

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#6125209 - 01/08/16 07:29 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: redchevy]
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: redchevy

Yes. She agreed to come back and testify/cooperate with investigation of the others looks like.

#6125212 - 01/08/16 07:31 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: DQ Kid]
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Southlake, TX
a minor mistake in my mind is the client shooting the wrong bear after guide says put another one in it. the major mistake is the guide and outfitter trying to cover it up with another tag.

just a side bar, but shooting a bear in Alaska for self defense is a major headache paperwork and all. the bullets better be in the front. most guides that have been through it will do everything possible not to shoot one. many experienced guides even let the bear charge because most of the time it is false charge or flyby.

#6125249 - 01/08/16 07:58 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
DQ Kid Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Flower Mound, TX
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Yes. She agreed to come back and testify/cooperate with investigation of the others looks like.

So, did she roll State's witness?

#6125261 - 01/08/16 08:06 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: DQ Kid]
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

So, did she roll State's witness?

That's what it looks like. Which seems fair since it appears the shooting an extra bear was an accident the guides led her down the "backdated tag" path. I'm not excusing her but it takes a lot of backbone to buck guides. Most won't do it.

#6125289 - 01/08/16 08:20 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: DQ Kid]
Double Naught Spy Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Forestburg, Montague Cnty, TX
Quote:
Most won't do it.

Unless they are copping pleas. I am guessing the didn't do it out of backbone, but out of saving her own bacon.

#6125294 - 01/08/16 08:21 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: DQ Kid]
8pointdrop Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: My favorite place TEXAS
Tough call but stand up guides wouldn't have handled it that way.

Was in a deer camp once when a youth being guided did exactly the same thing in a one buck county. Was told to put another one in the buck he'd just shot. When the smoke cleared the young man had killed 2 by accident. The guided and ranch manager took full responsibility and didn't blame the youth once. They called the warden and met him at the gate to explain. I left camp shortly after but when I passed them the warden had the book out writing what looked like citations. Guide and manager handled it correctly I thought.

#6125363 - 01/08/16 08:50 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: DQ Kid]
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker

talking about Alaska and BIG guide mistakes. My outfitter last year decades ago had a bad guide have client shoot a ewe Sheep thinking it was a Mountain Goat. they didn't come down on Outfitter at all, just the guide.

#6125654 - 01/08/16 11:44 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: 8pointdrop]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
Tough call but stand up guides wouldn't have handled it that way.

Was in a deer camp once when a youth being guided did exactly the same thing in a one buck county. Was told to put another one in the buck he'd just shot. When the smoke cleared the young man had killed 2 by accident. The guided and ranch manager took full responsibility and didn't blame the youth once. They called the warden and met him at the gate to explain. I left camp shortly after but when I passed them the warden had the book out writing what looked like citations. Guide and manager handled it correctly I thought.

Stand-up guys, they handled it perfectly. up

#6126534 - 01/08/16 09:30 PM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: Double Naught Spy]
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Quote:
Most won't do it.

Unless they are copping pleas. I am guessing the didn't do it out of backbone, but out of saving her own bacon.

What I meant is most won't buck them when they are pushing you to do something shady - like backdate a tag. She didn't either.

#6126711 - 01/09/16 02:04 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: DQ Kid]
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
I think the state of Alaska wants the guides for something bigger than the story implies. I believe that with her cooperation they think they can seal a deal on the 2 guides.

_______ Old style calls for today's outdoorsman_________

#6126842 - 01/09/16 08:18 AM Re: Apparently She was a Bit guilty After All [Re: dogcatcher]
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
I think the state of Alaska wants the guides for something bigger than the story implies. I believe that with her cooperation they think they can seal a deal on the 2 guides.

ahh, good thinking. where there is smoke there is fire.

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide