Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122161 01/06/16 07:37 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
listen here folks. Just like there is a lot of talk about how the liberals mis-use terminology and call things like the "gun-show loophole" and "assault rifles" and such silly things with directly inflammatory verbage, there is the same stuff we say that causes as much anger and offense to them; us saying we aren't going to take this any longer and refusing to surrender any more of our rights because we are not a p###y whipped part of the country...

Guess what, until you are willing to throw down that first bullet and have the stand off, or march on Washington, all we are doing is the same the libs are doing to us. Inflaming and insulting doesn't do anyone any good. We hear sh#t talked about all day long, but no one has the balls to do anything about it. The repubs lost an election twice and we as a country have to deal with the ramifications of this for at least another year. It sucks, but that's life. No one said it was fair.

Talking in a civilized manner to our friends here on the forum is about all most of us will ever have as far a political clout. Unless someone is willing to organize a resistance to this EO, there is no doubt we will forced to comply with it and we will be forced to give up more of our "freedoms", as innocuous as that may be for some or as invasive as it may be for others (and whether it was lawful or not to do doesn't matter any more, it is done, unless supreme court rules it was over reach, which probably isn't going to happen since they have shown themselves to be puppets of the mob as well)

When the straw breaks, I will be the first to join in, but until then, insulting and inflaming is doing nothing other than riling people up.

Lets keep the conversation here to what the EO is and what it is not and how we go about doing things we all want to do in the best manner possible within the confines of the law.

BTW, this EO doesn't take effect until at least 180 days, so we have some time to digest and figure things out.

Re: 41p is official [Re: ChadTRG42] #6122172 01/06/16 07:43 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Originally Posted By: luv2brode
Originally Posted By: GLC
There was not and are not "loopholes at a gun shows". If you purchased a gun at a gun show from a vendor you still went through a back ground check. Why does this statement keep coming up.

As an individual, you can buy a table at a gun show for about $20-$40 to sell whatever you want for the weekend. If you buy firearms to sell or have "your personal collection", you can sell them to whomever walks up with money in hand. This individual is not an FFL, and there is no paperwork or background check done to know that the person you are selling it to has the right to own or possess a firearm. What this EO is wanting to do, is if you are "in the business of dealing guns" (which has not been fully defined yet) is requiring a background check, which will require the seller to be a dealer.

Also, as an individual, you can bring your own firearm and walk around with it to find a buyer. It's a simple cash transaction, no paperwork or background check.

Yes, there are some FFL's at gun shows. But there are a lot of transactions that happen with a simple cash transaction.

you are correct

explain to us how this is a loop hole? the "gunshow Loophole" the PO(TU)S referances and the anti gun folk info pushed out to the masses is that there are no background checks done at a gun show, which is false. those required to do them do them to remain in good standing with the licensing agency.

I am sorry i almost feel like i am picking on you, but really.

at one time you could walk into a store buy a gun and walk out w a reciept being the only paperwork completed even for a machine gun, this should never have changed. our 2nd amendment right have slowly been chipped away and i refuse to surrender any more of my freedoms for govt control. If we were not such a p###sy whipped country this topic would never be an issue but there is a class of people out there that believe if you limit peoples rights you can stop bad people from doing bad things. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it does not work that way.

The loop hole is that not everyone goes through the back ground check process, whether at gun shows, face to face, on-line (and yes you can buy a rifle (not a handgun) in Texas on-line without going through an FFL and have it shipped to you directly with no background check or paperwork). If you are an FFL, the paperwork and background check are verified. If you are an individual, or an individual "dealing in firearms" that does not have an FFL, there is no paperwork or background check completed on the buyer. There are many "gun dealers" at gun shows, on-line, and/or are in the business of selling guns that are not FFL.

I'm not against background checks. On the contrary, I like the fact that even if he can get it on the street, a criminal can't walk into an academy and buy a pistol. But we've seen time and time and time again that most of the "mass shooters" had a clean record before they started killing people. Which means a background check wouldn't have stopped it. If have no issue submitting myself to a background check. I want to atleast make it tough for convicted criminals to get guns, but let's not pretend like a background check is going to save any lives.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: 41p is official [Re: Texas buckeye] #6122174 01/06/16 07:46 PM
R
rentzington Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
listen here folks. Just like there is a lot of talk about how the liberals mis-use terminology and call things like the "gun-show loophole" and "assault rifles" and such silly things with directly inflammatory verbage, there is the same stuff we say that causes as much anger and offense to them; us saying we aren't going to take this any longer and refusing to surrender any more of our rights because we are not a p###y whipped part of the country...

Guess what, until you are willing to throw down that first bullet and have the stand off, or march on Washington, all we are doing is the same the libs are doing to us. Inflaming and insulting doesn't do anyone any good. We hear sh#t talked about all day long, but no one has the balls to do anything about it. The repubs lost an election twice and we as a country have to deal with the ramifications of this for at least another year. It sucks, but that's life. No one said it was fair.

Talking in a civilized manner to our friends here on the forum is about all most of us will ever have as far a political clout. Unless someone is willing to organize a resistance to this EO, there is no doubt we will forced to comply with it and we will be forced to give up more of our "freedoms", as innocuous as that may be for some or as invasive as it may be for others (and whether it was lawful or not to do doesn't matter any more, it is done, unless supreme court rules it was over reach, which probably isn't going to happen since they have shown themselves to be puppets of the mob as well)

When the straw breaks, I will be the first to join in, but until then, insulting and inflaming is doing nothing other than riling people up.

Lets keep the conversation here to what the EO is and what it is not and how we go about doing things we all want to do in the best manner possible within the confines of the law.

BTW, this EO doesn't take effect until at least 180 days, so we have some time to digest and figure things out.

clap

Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122175 01/06/16 07:46 PM
B
Barcelona Rick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
In my area FFL Holders charge from $20 to $50 for a transfer. I have heard that some charge upwards of $75 or 10% of the firearms value. I understand that paper work is involved along with records keeping. I am a CHL holder so a background check is not necessary but the transfer fee is still the same. I asked in a PM how much a background check costs the FFL Holder but have not yet received a response. So how much does it cost ?

rick

Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122185 01/06/16 07:50 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
Pretty sure the background check doesn't cost an FFL holder anything. But they have to pay every year to keep that FFL so why not charge for your services? Would you work for free? A background check around here is $15 with CHL and $20 without CHL. If you buy the in their store the transfer is free. Its only outside purchases like from online retailers or auction sites they charge a transfer fee on. They're just charging what they think their time is worth to receive the shipped item, call you when it comes in, then run a background check on you and keep the paperwork on file for ATF if they ever need it.

[Linked Image]

Re: 41p is official [Re: KRoyal] #6122195 01/06/16 07:54 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Pretty sure the background check doesn't cost an FFL holder anything. But they have to pay every year to keep that FFL so why not charge for your services? Would you work for free? A background check around here is $15 with CHL and $20 without CHL. If you buy the in their store the transfer is free. Its only outside purchases like from online retailers or auction sites they charge a transfer fee on. They're just charging what they think their time is worth to receive the shipped item, call you when it comes in, then run a background check on you and keep the paperwork on file for ATF if they ever need it.

Just like a lawyer answering an email doesn't cost them a thing either, but they charge you up the wazoo for it roflmao

Time is money for some people, and as you stated, why work for free. I sure as heck don't want to... cheers

Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122198 01/06/16 07:56 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
It costs whatever the FFL wants to charge. The license is $200, I think. If you charge $20 and have 10 transfers, it essentially pays for itself. But there is the paperwork, log books, and the dreaded unannounced knock on the door from the ATF there to inspect you. So, if you go through the hassle of having an FFL (i.e- company in the business of firearms or similar field), it would be only right to make a few dollars on it.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122205 01/06/16 07:58 PM
B
Barcelona Rick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
KRoyal don't read anything into my question sir. I fully agree that the FFL Holder should be paid for their work. My question is not a flame sir and to prevent it from becoming one I PM'ed one of our members that is participating in this discussion. If the FFL Holder is charged for their services an effective way to limit firearms transaction would be a hefty increase in that charge. IE impose a restrictive tax...

rick

Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122214 01/06/16 08:03 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
Gotcha up

[Linked Image]

Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122279 01/06/16 08:28 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Ok so I'm not going through 9 pages... here is what I gather...

Every gun sale is going to have to have a pass a background check? so basically an ffl transfer on every gun I buy from my uncle or brother in law?

This is unenforceable right now. We don't have all guns registered... there is no way for them to know if a transfer took place in a face to face cash situation...

that being said. That means that the ONLY thing this is a step toward the (at this rate) inevitable required tracking of ALL GUNS... Huh didn't England and Australia do that... and what's the next step????

Yeah we need to figure out how to get UP IN ARMS about this like RIGHT NOW... I think I'll be contacting my congressmen. Something neads to be done about our POTUS's abuse of the power of the executive branch...

Last edited by catslayer; 01/06/16 08:29 PM.

Sombody smells like fried borritos...
Re: 41p is official [Re: catslayer] #6122306 01/06/16 08:39 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: catslayer
Ok so I'm not going through 9 pages... here is what I gather...

Every gun sale is going to have to have a pass a background check? so basically an ffl transfer on every gun I buy from my uncle or brother in law?

This is unenforceable right now. We don't have all guns registered... there is no way for them to know if a transfer took place in a face to face cash situation...

that being said. That means that the ONLY thing this is a step toward the (at this rate) inevitable required tracking of ALL GUNS... Huh didn't England and Australia do that... and what's the next step????

Yeah we need to figure out how to get UP IN ARMS about this like RIGHT NOW... I think I'll be contacting my congressmen. Something neads to be done about our POTUS's abuse of the power of the executive branch...

Might want to read all 9 pages. That's not what it says.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: 41p is official [Re: ChadTRG42] #6122310 01/06/16 08:43 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
The loop hole is that not everyone goes through the back ground check process, whether at gun shows, face to face, on-line (and yes you can buy a rifle (not a handgun) in Texas on-line without going through an FFL and have it shipped to you directly with no background check or paperwork). If you are an FFL, the paperwork and background check are verified. If you are an individual, or an individual "dealing in firearms" that does not have an FFL, there is no paperwork or background check completed on the buyer. There are many "gun dealers" at gun shows, on-line, and/or are in the business of selling guns that are not FFL. [/quote]

so why should i have to go thru a background check to buy a gun from a private person or why should they have to go thru one if buying from me. (Remember i think background checks should be done away with all together.)

you continue to talk up these background checks, how many lives have a background check saved. I still believe if a person wants a gun they will get a gun, one way or another.

yes if i buy from someone other than an ffl i can have a long gun shipped to the house, any tranaction w ffl goes thru the same required steps as always.

The only thing you have came in here and stated over and over is "I am in the gun related industry and I support Obama taking more of the law abiding citizens of the USA 2nd amendment freedoms away from them."

Please if i have overstated it here please someone tell me. I still say NO MORE infringements on my FREEDOMS.

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122345 01/06/16 08:54 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Ok and another thing....

Obama filed EXECTIVE ACTIONS... not orders... they have no force of law. Basically strong suggestions... He filled 23 after Sandy Hook... At least that is the way that I read the situation.

Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122359 01/06/16 09:00 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Cleric
Originally Posted By: huntwest
Originally Posted By: Cleric
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
As has been stated several times. Private sales will still not require a background check. Guys just can't be "gun dealers" anymore without doing background checks. Guys who use gun sales as a form of income on a regular basis.

Cbs mentioned that some courts have said selling one nib gun could be construed as in the business...

It all depends on definition of in the business. Supposedly the atf will release guidance

The ATF guidance is posted in this thread already. Look up.

Actually they haven't. They have even said they are going to produce guidance to help clarify. As I said earlier you could be considered in the business even with 1-2 private sales

WTF are you talking about? I posted it I know it is on here. Go find my earlier post.

Re: 41p is official [Re: huntwest] #6122363 01/06/16 09:02 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Today the ATF posted this to clarify who did or did not need an FFL.

https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

While I don't agree with anything that Obama does by fiat I think everyone needs to read and know that Individuals that sell a gun now and then are not subject to this. Of course as all ATF guidelines these are all subject to different interpretations depending on the ATF agent you are dealing with. Hope if you ever deal with one you get one with common sense.

Here it is again.

Re: 41p is official [Re: huntwest] #6122367 01/06/16 09:05 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Today the ATF posted this to clarify who did or did not need an FFL.

https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

While I don't agree with anything that Obama does by fiat I think everyone needs to read and know that Individuals that sell a gun now and then are not subject to this. Of course as all ATF guidelines these are all subject to different interpretations depending on the ATF agent you are dealing with. Hope if you ever deal with one you get one with common sense.

Here it is again.

yep post that link EVERY where you can guys. Explains a lot

Re: 41p is official [Re: luv2brode] #6122376 01/06/16 09:08 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
The only thing you have came in here and stated over and over is "I am in the gun related industry and I support Obama taking more of the law abiding citizens of the USA 2nd amendment freedoms away from them."

Please if i have overstated it here please someone tell me. I still say NO MORE infringements on my FREEDOMS.

100% incorrect. You are still not hearing me or understanding me. What I have stated is that I am for a more checks and balances system to provide background checks for sales or transfers of firearms between individual to individuals, or any method individuals could acquire a firearm without a background check. Why- because I don't want people who are not supposed to have a firearm have one- i.e.- criminals, mentally unstable, illegal alien, someone addicted to drugs, fugitives, etc. So if you are not in support of background checks, you are then saying it's ok for criminals, mentally unstable, illegal aliens, someone addicted to drugs, fugitives, etc. to be allowed to own a firearm and purchase it. And you think that's common sense? How the EO is going about it is wrong.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122412 01/06/16 09:23 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
Just read this from an extremely left leaning news outlet, but it actually sums up the new EO/EA pretty well.

Quote:
There seems to be a big source of confusion coming out of President Barack Obama's executive actions on guns: Is Obama really closing the infamous "gun show loophole"?

The short version: No.

The long version: For one, the "gun show loophole" is a terrible name. The better way to look at it is a private sales loophole: If someone purchases a gun from a private seller, such as a collector, friend, or family member, no gun background check is required. This is well-known as the "gun show loophole" because these types of private sellers can be found at gun shows. But licensed dealers at gun shows still have to carry out background checks. The actual loophole is that someone can meet with a private seller at a gun show — or, increasingly, over the internet — and buy a firearm from that person without a background check. In other words, the gun show doesn't create a loophole; the private sale does.

Obama's executive actions do not close this loophole. Instead, the president issued a guidance that attempts to narrow the loophole by limiting who can sell guns without a federal license (which requires background checks on sales), and warns gun sellers of the risks if they try to use the private sales loophole to avoid carrying out a background check. White House officials said their primary interest is to go after for-profit dealers who are posing as hobbyists or one-time sellers when they are in fact "engaged in the business" of selling guns.

The idea is, essentially, to make enforcement of existing federal laws stricter so fewer people — whether gun sellers or buyers — take advantage of the loophole. So a better way to look at the move is that it's narrowing, rather than closing, the loophole.

In fact, Obama's executive actions can't completely close this loophole. It's written into law, so it would take congressional action to completely close it. (The White House was clear on this point in a call with reporters, stating multiple times that the executive actions should not let Congress "off the hook" of passing gun control legislation.)

So Obama is taking some steps to narrow the gaps in federal law, and it's certainly the biggest action he's taken yet on guns. But that mostly reflects his inability to do much on guns without Congress, not that these tweaks will add up to enormous changes.

So basically his EO/EA was just feel good pandering to his base. He has accomplished nothing and can't accomplish anything without congress.

[Linked Image]

Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric] #6122414 01/06/16 09:24 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
It's already illegal for them to have firearms. How does this stop them?

Re: 41p is official [Re: ChadTRG42] #6122426 01/06/16 09:30 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L

100% incorrect. You are still not hearing me or understanding me. What I have stated is that I am for a more checks and balances system to provide background checks for sales or transfers of firearms between individual to individuals, or any method individuals could acquire a firearm without a background check. Why- because I don't want people who are not supposed to have a firearm have one- i.e.- criminals, mentally unstable, illegal alien, someone addicted to drugs, fugitives, etc. So if you are not in support of background checks, you are then saying it's ok for criminals, mentally unstable, illegal aliens, someone addicted to drugs, fugitives, etc. to be allowed to own a firearm and purchase it. And you think that's common sense? How the EO is going about it is wrong.

you say i am incorrect but then you state you want more back ground checks and you list your reason to be to keep guns out of the hands of

criminals, mental unstable, illegal drug addicts, fugatives

so which of those listed above are likely to try to get a gun where a background check is done?
do you really believe that would be the end of it, that conversation sound like this "darn i didnt pass the back ground i guess i dont get a gun."

i think they would find another way to come into possesion of a gun. if you think otherwise id like to sell you a unicorn. they have already broke the law, with the exception of the mental health consumer that you did not say why he could not own one, lets define mental unstable

alot of people have children on meds for adhd and add will these mental health issues prevent them from owning firearms one day?

i am glad to hear you think the EO is going about it wrong but you continue to support it.

a gun is a tool the same as a hammer both can kill ya should we have back ground checks for hammers too?

Re: 41p is official [Re: KRoyal] #6122430 01/06/16 09:32 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Just read this from an extremely left leaning news outlet, but it actually sums up the new EO/EA pretty well.

Quote:
There seems to be a big source of confusion coming out of President Barack Obama's executive actions on guns: Is Obama really closing the infamous "gun show loophole"?

The long version: For one, the "gun show loophole" is a terrible name. The better way to look at it is a private sales loophole: If someone purchases a gun from a private seller, such as a collector, friend, or family member, no gun background check is required. This is well-known as the "gun show loophole" because these types of private sellers can be found at gun shows. But licensed dealers at gun shows still have to carry out background checks. The actual loophole is that someone can meet with a private seller at a gun show — or, increasingly, over the internet — and buy a firearm from that person without a background check. In other words, the gun show doesn't create a loophole; the private sale does.

Obama's executive actions do not close this loophole. Instead, the president issued a guidance that attempts to narrow the loophole by limiting who can sell guns without a federal license (which requires background checks on sales), and warns gun sellers of the risks if they try to use the private sales loophole to avoid carrying out a background check. White House officials said their primary interest is to go after for-profit dealers who are posing as hobbyists or one-time sellers when they are in fact "engaged in the business" of selling guns.

The idea is, essentially, to make enforcement of existing federal laws stricter so fewer people — whether gun sellers or buyers — take advantage of the loophole. So a better way to look at the move is that it's narrowing, rather than closing, the loophole.

In fact, Obama's executive actions can't completely close this loophole. It's written into law, so it would take congressional action to completely close it. (The White House was clear on this point in a call with reporters, stating multiple times that the executive actions should not let Congress "off the hook" of passing gun control legislation.)

So Obama is taking some steps to narrow the gaps in federal law, and it's certainly the biggest action he's taken yet on guns. But that mostly reflects his inability to do much on guns without Congress, not that these tweaks will add up to enormous changes.

So basically his EO/EA was just feel good pandering to his base. He has accomplished nothing and can't accomplish anything without congress.

agreed and if they got rid of the atf and irs life would be even better

Re: 41p is official [Re: ChadTRG42] #6122438 01/06/16 09:35 PM
C
caddokiller Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

This is the most tired argument I have every heard. Since when does making something illegal keep criminals from getting their hands on it? It doesn't. All it does is make it a pain in the butt for law abiding people. Let see, pot is ILLEGAL yet people can get it anywhere. Herione? Yep its still illegal and you can get it on half the street corners in dallas. Prostitution? ILLEGAL but I bet I can meet you at the house with 2 whores in about a hour if I wanted too.

How about we just enforce the laws that are currently on the books instead of creating new ones that have a 0% chance of working in the real world?

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.- Thomas jefferson
Re: 41p is official [Re: KRoyal] #6122458 01/06/16 09:43 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Quote:

What else do politicians do, other than pander to their base? Obama wants to take guns away from everyone, as do most left leaning people, they feel guns are what kill people, not people killing people. They also feel they can regulate themselves a safer world. They are wrong, we all know that.

What is worth noting though, and this is something the current admin has done very well these last 7 years, is how polarizing this topic is to even people who are on the same page (maybe not in the same sentence or word) of the book which explains the Bill of rights and second amendment. If they can get us arguing over the distinctions and divide us, they have won.

We need to stand together so when the time comes, we can rise up united and take back our "freedoms" when they are actually taken away.

Re: 41p is official [Re: ChadTRG42] #6122476 01/06/16 09:47 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Your statement could easily read

more checks and balances system to provide background checks for sales or transfers of ammunition between individual to individuals, or any method individuals could acquire ammunition without a background check. ..........So if you are not in support of background checks, you are then saying it's ok for criminals, mentally unstable, illegal aliens, someone addicted to drugs, fugitives, etc. to be allowed to purchase and possess ammunition How the EO is going about it is wrong.

So you would have no problem with this. Background checks or a foid card system for all ammunition purchases and ammunition components. Add every purchase logged including amount and lot numbers. Restrict private transfer and manufacture of ammunition. After all even illegally possessed firearms can't be fired without ammunition. If not are you saying it is ok with you that criminals, mentally unstable, illegal aliens, someone addicted to drugs, fugitives, etc. should be allowed to possess and purchase unlimited amounts of ammunition. It is no different than your view on firearms.

Re: 41p is official [Re: ChadTRG42] #6122481 01/06/16 09:48 PM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Chad Wrote:

People, he's not "taking away" your guns. I haven't fully read exactly what the new "rules" will be exactly. But the summary of what I have read is ALL individuals will need to have a background check when buying a gun, known as the "gun show loop hole".

Quote:
On the trust ruling, you can have criminals/felons (or someone who cannot pass a background check) currently on your trust. You can also have firearms and class 3 weapons (full auto and suppressors) in your trust that these criminals can legally possess (if not a felon) and have access to with the current law. Seriously, put some common sense to this.

Quote:
Again, he's not taking away your guns! He's closing the gun show loop hole.

Chad, I am very surprised you don’t have a better understanding of this. We recognize this EO does not involve gun confiscation, give us a little credit and let’s move past that.

First let me address the catch phrase “gun show loophole” that you have parroted here. There is NO such thing.

A “loophole” in common parlance, refers to an inadequacy... unforeseen or unintended (of the law in this case), that can be legally exploited to circumvent a purpose. Thus... inaccurate when applied to the LAWFUL transactions that occur at gun shows (and other places).

What is actually taking place is known as a ‘Lacuna’ , when applied here….simply means a lack of prohibitive law/statute. In other words, a seller is NOT skirting the law by virtue of some technicality (loophole) they are simply engaging in the LEGAL activity of selling an item, where no law exists prohibiting it.

Yet, the term “gun show loophole” has been allowed (unchallenged) to be repeated in the media and among certain of the citizenry, to a point as to sound as if it has legitimacy. It DOES NOT.

So, let’s stop using that label (whether you approve of it or not) or tell me why you object?

Next, I would like discuss your use of “Common Sense”. I am interested to know…if you really believe the policies espoused constitute Common Sense or if you have fallen for the sleight of hand this usually represents.

The former normally attended by (if it just saves us ONE…..) or (Do it for the Children), calculated to invoke emotion over the application of facts.

There is more (much more) I would like to discuss with you about your posts, but this is plenty for now.

In the meantime, I want you to think about the prospect of 'incrementalism', because that is what this all about. Soon to be applied to 'ammo' unless I miss my guess.

Thank You,

Flint.

Last edited by flintknapper; 01/06/16 09:50 PM.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide