Forum Stats
60443 Members
45 Forums
475825 Topics
6242175 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6122149 - 01/06/16 01:30 PM Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!!
KeithTT Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: fort worth TX
Wanna hunt for free or close to it. If You Have a deer lease that is covered in Turkey's I will pay cash money to lease it for the spring. Anybody on here that has a decent to large amount of land that is holding a large amount of wild Turkey's give me a call asap. Even if you lease the hunting rights for deer and you don't spring Turkey hunt that's great give me a buzz you could be hunting for free. We have grown and grown over the past few years and we are constantly looking for more land holding birds to cater to our clients. We have alot of places to hunt but we need more so that our places are not over hunted and managed for success. We are prepared to offer cash or trade. Visit www.bandofbrothersotx.com to view our other hunts as trade options. We have cash in hand for exclusive spring Turkey hunting rights. 432-813-7833
Keith Aikens Outdoors www.facebook.com/keithaikensoutdoors

#6122923 - 01/06/16 07:31 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
Rustler Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Carrollton/ Young, Blanco coun...
Be very careful with this.

Under Texas law, a lessee may not assign or sublease without written permission from the landowner.
Texas Property Code § 91.005 Landlord's Consent Required.

It must either specifically state in the LO to lessee lease agreement that Land owner does give lessee consent to enter into / assign sub lessors.
OR
A separate written document stating LO gives lessee permission to sub lease will do.

A land owner that would give consent to sub lease without receiving payment for the sub lease is either dealing with close family or is an idiot.

If sub leasing isn’t specifically mentioned in your lease state law prevails, illegal to sub lease without written consent.

Any lessee that sub leases without land owner consent is opening himself up to quite a bit more liability than just losing the lease.
Even with LO consent unless otherwise assigned / outlined in a contract lessee assumes liability for sub lessee.

#6123074 - 01/06/16 08:50 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: Rustler]
soonersorlaters Offline
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted By: Rustler
Be very careful with this.

Under Texas law, a lessee may not assign or sublease without written permission from the landowner.
Texas Property Code § 91.005 Landlord's Consent Required.

It must either specifically state in the LO to lessee lease agreement that Land owner does give lessee consent to enter into / assign sub lessors.
OR
A separate written document stating LO gives lessee permission to sub lease will do.

A land owner that would give consent to sub lease without receiving payment for the sub lease is either dealing with close family or is an idiot.

If sub leasing isn’t specifically mentioned in your lease state law prevails, illegal to sub lease without written consent.

Any lessee that sub leases without land owner consent is opening himself up to quite a bit more liability than just losing the lease.
Even with LO consent unless otherwise assigned / outlined in a contract lessee assumes liability for sub lessee.

Yup. That would be a one way ticket in the fast lane to getting kicked off my lease, not to mention the personal liability risks, fines, et al. No thanks. Good Luck to the OP.

#6123140 - 01/06/16 09:26 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
The Duke Offline
Light Foot

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
WOW yep no way! I like my lease too much too loose it. Let alone any liability.

#6123266 - 01/06/16 10:24 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
PSE-Madman Offline
Tracker

Loc: Push County OK, Kimble, Grayso...
Yep. Not a good idea. Fastest way to get myself kicked off that I can think of. Of course others may have different situations but it would be a disaster if i subbed my place out for some extra cash and the landowner caught wind.

#6123393 - 01/07/16 06:51 AM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
Sneaky Online   content
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters
The guy we lease from does it himself, so I guess that isn't an option for us.

#6123982 - 01/07/16 11:59 AM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
Texas Dan Online   content
THF Celebrity

I was on a "heir land" lease once where the guy running it had his own agreement with "one" of landowners. Eventually, the remaining heirs realized how much money had been going to the single heir over the years and both he and the guy running the lease ended up in court.

While the guy running the lease did not have to repay anything to the remaining heirs, he did end up hiring an attorney to help his defense in court.

Spring, Texas

#6124735 - 01/07/16 07:37 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
KeithTT Offline
Pro Tracker

Not that big of a deal and we do it alot. Several people only Deer hunt and do not hunt spring Turkey's and they like the cash to go towards their deer hunting. If you have a lease that has exclusive hunting rights and you do not spring Turkey hunt. We simply work it out between the 3 of us to get us a signed lease for spring Turkey season. We pay you and the landowner for the lease. Easy way for you to cut deer hunting or feeding costs. Depending on numbers of Turkey's could pay up to $5,000.

Sorry for any confusion but at no point did I say this is under the table, that the landowner would not be involved, or that there would not be signed agreements or waiver of liabilities. Please visit our website to learn more about our operation www.bandofbrothersotx.com our waiver of liability and landowners section are both on there. The lease would be for approximately 30-40yds days to run a few Turkey hunts. No camping needed we are in and out.

Edited by KeithTT (01/07/16 07:43 PM)

#6126009 - 01/08/16 02:56 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
KeithTT Offline
Pro Tracker

Ttt

#6130048 - 01/11/16 08:35 AM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
KeithTT Offline
Pro Tracker

TTT Out looking at leases today. Give me a call!

#6136432 - 01/14/16 08:47 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
KeithTT Offline
Pro Tracker

Ttt got turkeys?

#6140459 - 01/17/16 06:57 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
KeithTT Offline
Pro Tracker

Bump

#6195309 - 02/22/16 11:12 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
STXHO Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: South Texas
Originally Posted By: KeithTT
Not that big of a deal and we do it alot. Several people only Deer hunt and do not hunt spring Turkey's and they like the cash to go towards their deer hunting. If you have a lease that has exclusive hunting rights and you do not spring Turkey hunt. We simply work it out between the 3 of us to get us a signed lease for spring Turkey season. We pay you and the landowner for the lease. Easy way for you to cut deer hunting or feeding costs. Depending on numbers of Turkey's could pay up to $5,000.

Sorry for any confusion but at no point did I say this is under the table, that the landowner would not be involved, or that there would not be signed agreements or waiver of liabilities. Please visit our website to learn more about our operation www.bandofbrothersotx.com our waiver of liability and landowners section are both on there. The lease would be for approximately 30-40yds days to run a few Turkey hunts. No camping needed we are in and out.

Up to 5k? You couldn't pay for the gate on one of my personal leases with 5k. Good luck to you!

#6195316 - 02/22/16 11:36 PM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: STXHO]
CRAnderson52 Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Highland Village, Texas
Originally Posted By: STXHO
Originally Posted By: KeithTT

Up to 5k? You couldn't pay for the gate on one of my personal leases with 5k. Good luck to you!

Must be nice, not everyone has got deep pockets like you do bud. For me, 5K would put a very nice dent in the cost of a lease when you consider feed and fuel. Good luck to the OP!

#6195462 - 02/23/16 07:42 AM Re: Deer seasons over. Let me pay your lease!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT]
Mr. T. Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Fort Worth - Hunt in Eastland ...
I agree, 5K would be very nice, heck my place is small, 1K would be nice and I wish I could do it, but even though I have a few turkeys on my place, I would feel bad about leasing it out knowing that some days they would see 10 birds and some days they would see none.
Good luck to the OP and to all that he leases from.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide