Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
What are you talking about?

Part of the eo. Official ruling is out

#6119926 - 01/05/16 11:58 AM Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric]
TXGUNNER308 Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Farmers Branch / Carrollton
BHO stated they are taking a closer look at those "hiding behind trusts & corporations"...

#6119947 - 01/05/16 12:06 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: FiremanJG]
Dien Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Grand Prairie

How big is that rock you're typing from underneath?

If you have a trust for your NFA firearms I suggest you get with the lawyer who wrote yours up to see if it makes it difficult to add new items.

As it reads right now according to one of the lawyers is that all trustees must go through fingerprinting. I'll be making a new trust that has co-trustees that won't have the ability to manage and sell items but can possess.

#6119948 - 01/05/16 12:06 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric]
syncerus Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Dallas, TX
How this country elected a secretive, arrogant Marxist dweeb who never held a real job, I'll never know.

#6119981 - 01/05/16 12:22 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: Dien]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Originally Posted By: Dien

How big is that rock you're typing from underneath?

If you have a trust for your NFA firearms I suggest you get with the lawyer who wrote yours up to see if it makes it difficult to add new items.

As it reads right now according to one of the lawyers is that all trustees must go through fingerprinting. I'll be making a new trust that has co-trustees that won't have the ability to manage and sell items but can possess.

Not under a rock dude. I didn't know the numbers 41 and the letter p was attached to it.

800 Yard Steel Rifle Range
Long Range Shooting Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#6120003 - 01/05/16 12:31 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: TXGUNNER308]
Cleric Offline
Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308
BHO stated they are taking a closer look at those "hiding behind trusts & corporations"...

I think final ruling by att was published this morning

#6120014 - 01/05/16 12:36 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric]
ChadTRG42 Online   happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lewisville, TX
People, he's not "taking away" your guns. I haven't fully read exactly what the new "rules" will be exactly. But the summary of what I have read is ALL individuals will need to have a background check when buying a gun, known as the "gun show loop hole". Once the original person buys a firearm from a dealer (with a background check) and later wants to sell that firearm, the original buyer can sell it to whomever they want. The new buyer does not go through a background check. This new rule will require the new buyer to have a background check. I have never understood why (me as an 01 FFL dealer) must go through all this paperwork to be licensed and the purchaser have to get the background check, when once the firearm leaves the dealer, the firearm can go anywhere or sold to anyone, without a background check. Honestly, I'm for this. Think about that for a second. It's common sense. I may get flack for saying that, but it only makes sense for ANYONE buying a firearm to have the proper background check as the original buyer did. If you can not pass a common background check, or have been declared mentally unstable, then you probably should not have a gun. I'm a hard core Republican, and huge pro 2nd amendment, but there does need to be some common sense to ALL firearms transactions.

On the trust ruling, you can have criminals/felons (or someone who cannot pass a background check) currently on your trust. You can also have firearms and class 3 weapons (full auto and suppressors) in your trust that these criminals can legally possess (if not a felon) and have access to with the current law. Seriously, put some common sense to this.

Again, he's not taking away your guns! He's closing the gun show loop hole.

www.DallasReloads.com
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL

#6120024 - 01/05/16 12:41 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric]
SapperTitan Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
I suspect the AR15s will start to show up in the classifieds any day now and all of a sudden they will all be 1500 dollar ARs

#6120039 - 01/05/16 12:46 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric]
Big Daddy K Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Its an infringement of our second amendment rights.

Hows this gonna effect the THF classifieds?

No more gun sales?

Somebody is gonna make good money just running FBI background checks and the rest of us will pay.

This in no way has any effect on criminal gun use.

#6120049 - 01/05/16 12:49 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: ChadTRG42]
TexFlip Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Harris County
Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
People, he's not "taking away" your guns. I haven't fully read exactly what the new "rules" will be exactly. But the summary of what I have read is ALL individuals will need to have a background check when buying a gun, known as the "gun show loop hole". Once the original person buys a firearm from a dealer (with a background check) and later wants to sell that firearm, the original buyer can sell it to whomever they want. The new buyer does not go through a background check. This new rule will require the new buyer to have a background check. I have never understood why (me as an 01 FFL dealer) must go through all this paperwork to be licensed and the purchaser have to get the background check, when once the firearm leaves the dealer, the firearm can go anywhere or sold to anyone, without a background check. Honestly, I'm for this. Think about that for a second. It's common sense. I may get flack for saying that, but it only makes sense for ANYONE buying a firearm to have the proper background check as the original buyer did. If you can not pass a common background check, or have been declared mentally unstable, then you probably should not have a gun. I'm a hard core Republican, and huge pro 2nd amendment, but there does need to be some common sense to ALL firearms transactions.

On the trust ruling, you can have criminals/felons (or someone who cannot pass a background check) currently on your trust. You can also have firearms and class 3 weapons (full auto and suppressors) in your trust that these criminals can legally possess (if not a felon) and have access to with the current law. Seriously, put some common sense to this.

Again, he's not taking away your guns! He's closing the gun show loop hole.

Even if you have a felon in your trust, it doesn't allow them legal access to it. They would still be a felon in possession of a firearm. I've had to fill out a 4473 every time I've bought something through my trust.

#6120060 - 01/05/16 12:54 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: ChadTRG42]
ChadTRG42 Online   happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lewisville, TX
Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
On the trust ruling, you can have criminals/felons (or someone who cannot pass a background check) currently on your trust. You can also have firearms and class 3 weapons (full auto and suppressors) in your trust that these criminals can legally possess (if not a felon) and have access to with the current law.

I think I said that.

But other people can have access and freedom of use of your class 3 weapons in the trust WITHOUT the background check, legally!!! I know of several shooters who have individuals in their trust that can not pass a NICS background check. But they still take possession of the firearms to go shoot. It has been laughed at and talked about many times with the current set up. So, you are saying that criminals or someone who has access to these types of weapons should be allowed to have access and shoot them?? Seriously!

www.DallasReloads.com
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL

#6120064 - 01/05/16 12:56 PM Re: 41p is official [Re: Cleric]
Taddi Offline
Light Foot

Loc: Aledo,TX
and finger prints and photos any time you want to add an NFA item to the trust from everyone on the trust ... when was the last time a LEGAL NFA item was used in a crime? its all sprinkles on a poop sandwhich

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide