Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: dawaba] #6117093 01/04/16 01:50 AM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: dawaba
Well, if it's family land, that suggests to me that all of the family is entitled to enjoy it. Even though it's your stand and your feeder, it would be a reach for you to claim an "area" or territory for you to use exclusively.

This looks like a fine opportunity to contact the other hunters (I bet you have an inkling who they are) and propose some sort of cooperative approach.....maybe some food plots and an extra shared stand/feeder or two. There might even be a big strapping nephew who would love to dig in and help.

One thing's for sure.....you will derive a far better outcome by embracing your relatives rather than declaring war. Nice trumps nasty every time.

Bs. Until they run out of safe spaces to put a stand, this shouldn't happen. I understand if there are 5-6 stands on 200 acres. But he's got 1 stand on 200 acres.

Sounds like there is plenty of space on the place. My philosophy is all the deer on the place are everybody's. Except when they are at somebody feeder. Those deer for that short period of time belong to the guy who put up the feeder. A man doesn't try to snake a deer from somebody else's feeder. It's a chickenS move.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6117328 01/04/16 03:48 AM
TXBomb05 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Id suggest talking to them to request help in establishing another area to hunt....if they don't leave your area then you will then have another option? Or if you are willing, ask them to share the work/feed in your established area. They may not care or change, but I'm a believer in calling people out, even if subtly. No need for drama, but at least make an attempt to teach them more than the ways of the woods.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6117350 01/04/16 04:00 AM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
SSS

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: TFF Caribou] #6117428 01/04/16 05:05 AM
R
Ronnie Oneal Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
SSS

This would be a good option to LOL. Lesson learned from my mistake is DO NOT SHARE PHOTOS WITH OTHER PEOPLE. Especially bums that have no morals or respect.

Not patting myself on the back but here is a story of a situation I got into a few years back. I got permission to hunt a very good spot that was about 20 acres that was about 5 min from my house. Bow only (grayson co) Great place with alot of very good deer. I set up a feeder and a bow blind and after the 3rd wknd of bow season the guy that hunts the property next to it asked me to please take down my feeder and just hand corn bc I was messing up his deer pattern. This guy spends lots of money on leasing and feeding year around plus food plots. He had no problems with me hunting it he just felt like my feeder was messing him up. I took down feeder and stand and never went back. I felt like I was messing the man up after he spent lots of time and money and morally I didn't feel that was right. Me and the guy are friends and nothing will change that. It killed me taking that feeder down and not hunting that area bc there are some giants that come thru there. When I lay my head down at night to sleep I want to have a clear conscience. Wish some of my own family would feel the same...

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQa5cwBGes6Kp0cGQOj2Brw

NIGHT CREW TV on YouTube ☝️☝️☝️

https://m.facebook.com/nightcrewfans/

NIGHT CREW TV Facebook☝️☝️☝️
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6117964 01/04/16 05:32 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I won't hunt at all before I'll share 200 acres with family. Just not worth all the trouble on a small place.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6118011 01/04/16 06:02 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Sorry to hear, I have been wanting to put up a stand on some of my wifes familyies land. I think its odd they have owned the property for years and years, most of them live on it on acre tracts that the grandmother has deeded to them, but they don't hunt it. Im sure if I put up a feeder and stand they would be all over it.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6118038 01/04/16 06:21 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Sweet ground set up though

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6118280 01/04/16 08:59 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Oneal
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
SSS

This would be a good option to LOL. Lesson learned from my mistake is DO NOT SHARE PHOTOS WITH OTHER PEOPLE. Especially bums that have no morals or respect.

Not patting myself on the back but here is a story of a situation I got into a few years back. I got permission to hunt a very good spot that was about 20 acres that was about 5 min from my house. Bow only (grayson co) Great place with alot of very good deer. I set up a feeder and a bow blind and after the 3rd wknd of bow season the guy that hunts the property next to it asked me to please take down my feeder and just hand corn bc I was messing up his deer pattern. This guy spends lots of money on leasing and feeding year around plus food plots. He had no problems with me hunting it he just felt like my feeder was messing him up. I took down feeder and stand and never went back. I felt like I was messing the man up after he spent lots of time and money and morally I didn't feel that was right. Me and the guy are friends and nothing will change that. It killed me taking that feeder down and not hunting that area bc there are some giants that come thru there. When I lay my head down at night to sleep I want to have a clear conscience. Wish some of my own family would feel the same...

In this instance I would have probably been nice and removed the feeder and considered moving the stand to where you could hunt a trail. If you hunt it a couple times a season and take just one deer your not going to mess up the neighbor in any way.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6121402 01/06/16 01:01 PM
4dog Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Same thing has happened at one of my setups...it has become a family plot....it wasnt supposed to be...now nothing comes to that feeder..cept coons.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6121624 01/06/16 03:27 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I would have taken a dump right in the middle of those chairs and left them there.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6123259 01/07/16 04:22 AM
H
Hen-Killer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
If I found that near my feeder, the person that left it had better not run into me for at least a few weeks. Especially a family member. Makes me hot thinking about it. I've been done that way. It really makes you feel shat on. At the very least torch the chairs in their yard

"I'm responsible only for what I say, not for what you understand"
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6124516 01/07/16 11:12 PM
R
Ronnie Oneal Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
I'm gonna go back Saturday evening to try and get my son a doe. If them chairs are still in the blind they are coming home with me. I plan on talking to wife's grandpa about paying the taxes on the place to have sole hunting rights. He may or may not do it. I believe if I just ride it out things will work out. Just ticks me off to have bums do this kind of stuff...

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQa5cwBGes6Kp0cGQOj2Brw

NIGHT CREW TV on YouTube ☝️☝️☝️

https://m.facebook.com/nightcrewfans/

NIGHT CREW TV Facebook☝️☝️☝️
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6125000 01/08/16 04:07 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
That sucks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide