Print Thread
LabRadar Owners... #6103474 12/27/15 04:25 AM
D
dredd Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
Have you had an opportunity to put several hours of bench time along with multiple outings into your unit?
Is it truly approaching Sliced Bread Status?

I really like the advertised capabilities of the LabRadar since I also load for pistols & shoot a bow.
My Magnetospeed falls a bit short in those areas. LOL

Re: LabRadar Owners... [Re: dredd] #6104019 12/27/15 04:59 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I'm interested in this, too.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: LabRadar Owners... [Re: dredd] #6104114 12/27/15 06:07 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Yes

I only have a couple of outings. I am still fine tuning my process, as it is not completely automated. My biggest issue has been placement. Sometimes I don't place it right and it doesn't work.

Re: LabRadar Owners... [Re: dredd] #6106046 12/28/15 05:34 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
My primary chrono is a Lab Radar. 99% of the time I am shooting by myself. It works perfect. The unit is very programmable to what you are shooting. Normal rifle with supersonic ammo to subs with a suppressor. It does it all. You simply change the setting to the ammo or item you are shooting so it reads the correct type of projectile (Rifle, handgun, arrow). Then you select the level of sensitivity of the arming trigger- to not sensitive (for full power, supersonic ammo with no suppressor) to very sensitive when shooting subsonic ammo with a suppressor. Since the "bang" is very quiet when shooting subsonic ammo with a suppressor, the unit has to listen at a more sensitive level to read the bullet. It does this very well!

The only negative I have is if other shooters on firing at the same time as you. How the unit works, is you arm the device, and it "listens" for a bang. Once the unit is triggered by the bang, it sends out a radar pulse to catch the back of the bullet and read the speed. If another shooter around you shoots during this arming time, it will send out a pulse, and not find a bullet to read with the radar so it creates an error. The screen shows error and you have to clear the error by hitting a button before you shoot to get a reading. There are sensitivity levels you can change, but it still is very sensitive to other shooters around you. If you were on a public range trying to use this Lab Radar, it would be near impossible to get a good reading of your actual round due to errors and reading of other shooters bullets. This is the main negative I see. But since I shoot at a private range 99% of the time, this does not bother me.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: LabRadar Owners... [Re: Cleric] #6106061 12/28/15 05:39 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Cleric
Yes

I only have a couple of outings. I am still fine tuning my process, as it is not completely automated. My biggest issue has been placement. Sometimes I don't place it right and it doesn't work.

Yes, it depends on what type of rifle and muzzle devise is on the muzzle. When I shoot a 300 WM with a muzzle brake, I place the unit further back to the rear, and to one side. The muzzle blast from the brake will cause the unit to turn off or cause an error if it's too close to the muzzle. I have the unit about 3-4 feet to the rear, at my left elbow when shooting prone and the unit will work just fine. When shooting a standard caliber, like a 308 or 6.5 CM with no brake, I can place the unit just to the left of the muzzle and maybe a few feet to the rear and it work just fine. When shooting suppressed, the unit gets moved closer. When shooting subs with a suppressor, the unit is placed right next to the muzzle and the sensitivity is turned to most sensitive. It works very well. The only time I have an error is when I forget to change the setting from "handgun" (for shooting subs near handgun speeds) to "rifle" when going to full power ammo.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: LabRadar Owners... [Re: dredd] #6113906 01/02/16 01:14 AM
R
Ranch Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
I've paid for one but it hasn't been delivered yet, thanks for the reports. I have a 300 yard range on the ranch that I live on and just got tired of setting up a chronograph or having it blow over during a session.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide