Print Thread
anybody know of a good quality electric sock? #6107020 12/29/15 02:02 AM
K
krazy kris Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K
I've been looking at cabelas and academy for some and they seemed to all be junk. I have limited blood flow to one foot after an accident and my feet always are the first to get frozen. Has anyone found a pair that work?

Re: anybody know of a good quality electric sock? [Re: krazy kris] #6107229 12/29/15 03:09 AM
T
txvarminter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
My wife loves her heated insoles they are rechargeable and have a wireless remote to turn them on and off

www.circle66.com
Originally Posted By: Ramball36
My opinion is go with the fatties!
Re: anybody know of a good quality electric sock? [Re: krazy kris] #6107416 12/29/15 04:36 AM
nak Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Cold feet have been my weakness for years. I've never used electric socks, but i regularly use the chemical warmer insoles (bigger versions of chemical hand warmers). The are designed to work in you boots, which has less airflow than your gloves. In really cold weather, I will put one on the top and one of the bottom of my socks, but I would not want to walk too far with that arrangement.

I have also been know to tuck one of the smaller sized catalytic hand warmers into the upper, inside of each boot, just above the ankle.

With warm feet, warm ears, and maybe a little nip of whiskey, I can endure some pretty nasty weather in the blind or tree stand.

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: anybody know of a good quality electric sock? [Re: nak] #6107422 12/29/15 04:41 AM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: nak
Cold feet have been my weakness for years. I've never used electric socks, but i regularly use the chemical warmer insoles (bigger versions of chemical hand warmers). The are designed to work in you boots, which has less airflow than your gloves. In really cold weather, I will put one on the top and one of the bottom of my socks, but I would not want to walk too far with that arrangement.

I have also been know to tuck one of the smaller sized catalytic hand warmers into the upper, inside of each boot, just above the ankle.

With warm feet, warm ears, and maybe a little nip of whiskey, I can endure some pretty nasty weather in the blind or tree stand.

It sounds like a great solution!

Re: anybody know of a good quality electric sock? [Re: krazy kris] #6107488 12/29/15 05:44 AM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Any reviews on the ThermaCELL products?

http://heat.thermacell.com

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: anybody know of a good quality electric sock? [Re: syncerus] #6107642 12/29/15 01:28 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: syncerus
Any reviews on the ThermaCELL products?

http://heat.thermacell.com

I've got a pair and they work great, and the newer ones on the market today was supposed to work even better. However, keep in mind they are not designed to feel warm like an electric blanket, but to keep your feet feeling normal as they would in warmer temperatures. If they got too warm, your feet would likely begin to sweat and create moisture that becomes the worst culprit to cold feet and toes. It's why they work with a small remote that you use to turn them on after you have stopped walking to reach the spot where you'll be sitting idle.

Just as you normally do to keep the feet warm in cold weather, you'll want to wear a thinner, acrylic sock next to the skin to wick away any sweat your feet might generate when walking. Then wear a thicker outside sock that's not quite as heavy as you would without using the insoles. That will leave more room inside your boots for the insoles since you don't want the socks to compress too much and reduce their ability to retain the warmth from your feet.

The biggest mistake when using them is leaving the small remote back at camp so that you can't turn them on in the stand. Don't ask.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide