Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Texas hunting? [Re: Corpsman76] #6109174 12/30/15 07:23 AM
S
Shotgun Willie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Thank you for your service. I can certainly appreciate and respect your reasons far more than someone who does it because they're too lazy to fix it, or worse, continues to do it because they think it's clever. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to be in your shoes. But this is an internet forum, your typing is the only way other people have of getting a feeling of who you are. You're pretty new to this forum, so most of us don't know the road you've traveled. You don't owe anyone an explanation, but if someone else says something in the future because they haven't seen this post, or one of the others, it would serve you far greater to just say "Hey dude, I'm disabled, work with me a little here."

It's frustrating to have someone bust your balls. Then I'm sure it's even more frustrating to have to spend your time trying to type an explanation over and over again. Don't let those frustrations compound into anger or hate, you've got a hard row to hoe without that adding to it. Keep working on it, and pray it gets better with time.

If I see anyone doing it in the future, I'll do my best to let them know before you have to. I've got your back.

Re: Texas hunting? [Re: Corpsman76] #6109186 12/30/15 08:26 AM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I have got to agree, a simple "I am a disabled veteran," or "Hey dude, I'm disabled, work with me a little here." will go a LONG WAY on this forum, and save you a ton of typing. I am kind of glad I didn't kid you about your long sentences, it would have been just that, kidding around. Hang in there, we will get to know you without all of the extra commentary.
And thank you for your service.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Texas hunting? [Re: chemdawg] #6109652 12/30/15 04:54 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
up for your service... Seen people get up tight bout other hunter putting his stand too close on their side of fence & that deer too young or not wide enough... Keep posten & don't worry bout what others think.. Hunting got too much bout big bucks.. Seen that right away with the hog problems.... Would give ya an invite ta hog hunt with mussleloaders at OSBWMA got two .45 Kentucky rifles... Place is flooded... Best Wishes, & again up for your service... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Texas hunting? [Re: Corpsman76] #6110248 12/30/15 11:37 PM
C
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
thank you guys for your understanding it just gets old and i fell bad enough when i write I am fare from a dum person I now i finish collage in the top 5 percent of my class from what my grandmother told me i dont recall it. i would love to come and hunt hogs with muzzle loaders i have 2 inline 50cal there not expense ones but they shoot well enough for 150yrd shots and i got my clip on green light for night hunting today i love to shoot those things they dont have much recoil i was told by a game warden up the road from me there was an area with hogs like crazy i need a trail cam to fined out when there coming in i have tones of milo from catching fishing last year i plan on having my boys digg up some dirt and barring it he said he sees them in groups of fifty 30 to fifty at night in there sapper i did not put down hunting in texas but it is a hard transition going to bering fee to get up and walk around and look down through the works or walk a rig line looking down through the woods i never said the hunting on ft sucked it has plaenty of large deer than manage there deer very closely but a lot of the ares were shut done this year do do training or the copper crash. some areas have been closed and not a single deer has been taken out of them some of the stands need to me tore down i know i fell through 2 of them and i am not a fat [censored] some off the guids kind of treat the place like there own personal game ranch and some bust there puts during the week most ths ares are the rest to close out i was here from 2003-2010 then GA from 2010-2013 when i was medical retired hunting in ga was nice and simple you sine in to a book if the area is open and sing out of the book simple i sue to go and sit on a dry creek bed in the same spot after work and tilled all my tags in 2 2 weeks or so the dear would from from the wood in the evening to the clear cut across the street. and they would have to come arose that creek you could hear them coming walk up there creek get a good spot and when the crossed the creek shoot they would run through the brush and nobly die on the other side the street so i did not have to dag anything her you have to call in to a hot line hope you ever through fast enough sing in to only one area at a time so if you got a guided hunt satruday if you wanted one again you had to come do the pot luck and take a spot of someone who did not show up then you get put in a blind at 430 till 930 you cant leave your stand if the wards catchy its a 400$ fine if you dont have 400in of oran on its a 700$ fine is you shot a dear and runs out of view you cant go after it you have to call the gide or the sports men center tell them the will get in touch with the guid or the warden and then you can go track your deer but dont get caught trying to track it past the sit of your blind so yes ft hood dues suck but if you dont have land it the only pace to really hunt and for 60$ a year you cant beat it. me putting up pictures is done i dont sleep for days after i do it so people can comprehend why i am am the way i am can comparing a mild tbi to a fractured skull and loosing your memory are then same yes tbi can affect people different from headache to simple for gerfullness but you remain ever thing you know unlike have to relearn how to the a shoe i would not wish a head injury on anyone more would compare my injury to anyone else and i would not tell others what they can or cant say or try to scold them because the have a different point of view or make assumptions with out having all the facts like the hunt i didn't need to make a post i old them on the phone and in person I just dont like to be made fun of or put done or because of my poor spelling and grammar i am far from dump far from it you dont think i am embarised how i write you dont think i would change it if i could 5-6 of thypey 4 times a week and i am as far and i can go the cod have a name for the condition but idont real what it is and its far worse then what you see here they gave me a program for my computer that can desifrer my horabled writing and most of my spelling but it gets me by barly it wont fix grammar much but thanks for the offer o dont know were osbwma is but i would love to go

Re: Texas hunting? [Re: chemdawg] #6110296 12/31/15 12:00 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Got the side locks, have some mini & maxi balls for it, but st[/s]ck with t[s]e .440 ball & patch.. don't shoot over 50 yrds... In-lines are nice, haven't really shot many of them though... Gave invite for mussle loader for hogs in public hunting last year or year before... OSBWMA is in Smith county, low bottom land it been flooded bout month from what i hear... switch cane, palmeda, thick stuff usually have good luck... Hogs around here been thinned out... were have my stand, food plot & feeders havent seen hog in bout 4 months... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Texas hunting? [Re: Corpsman76] #6110865 12/31/15 04:45 AM
C
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
oh ok my dad first muzzle loader was a patch and ball he hated cleaning it and having to dry every thing the inline you pull the plug and gan it like a rifle it shoots like one too but ir you are someone how like the traditional hunting its not for you i dont think i use pre meserd press its not powder i dont thing its call something els and sobat slugs 260 grain hallow point i like it became it does not kick like a mule and it is just it soots just as well and a rifle but dont have the rang I would love to go hog hunting in the spring time summer give me a shout if you like cat fishing give me a shout i have a guid license but i have no intentions in charging you i use the money i make from that and selling catfish bait i use every penny i make from it to take other disabled vets fishing for free and i normally take retires and active duty guys out i dont charg them i just ask if you can help for the fuel but i dont require it I take customers 3 days a week that is it and other guids had the fact i do it because i dont charge the 400-500 for 2 people then an other 50-100$ for each person after that . I just charg a flat rate depending on how fare i have to drive. and i like to keep it at 4 but 5 people 6 if theres kids i love a lost of floor space they do I mean a lot of them really hat me they have called to complain about my craigslist adds i have had a guid try to block me from launching while he had paint customers in the boat i just called the cops and he was ticketed i had 2 guys we caught on the neighbors severity cam cutting my fule lines we caught someone deck had from an other area guid slicing my tires. all because i dont do thins they way they do i dont use it to make a living I do ti to help others like somme did for me once. the bait in spring summer i cant keep it in stock it sells that fast about 200 gallons of cheese a week an other bait makers who is well know has called me to complain i asked a few of the shops on a lake to carry my bait he got all bent out of shape can called me and made a few post about me on TFF I mean i am not trying to compete with him i make it in my kitchen and i dont want to get any bigger then i am i have trouble keeping up as it is. any how thats an other matter. all i ask for the retires active duty is help out with gass i done use the money i make from the bait or guiding on them that comes out of my pocket and on trip cost me 70-80$ just in fuel and oils and it adds up fast I am buying a trail cam i got a new like for my guns for night hunting I have tone of soured milo from last summer i bought a trail cam i gues i have an area up by me on ft hood the game wardens said he is going to show me around up there and a few hot spots after deer season they are shutting down a few areas you wont be able to get in at all and hog hunt they are doing some trapping up there to help reduce the hogs but i dont think it will help there are just to many and after a while they will get smart to the traps

Re: Texas hunting? [Re: Corpsman76] #6110887 12/31/15 04:59 AM
T
Tactical Cowboy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Anyhoo.. The annual hunting permit cost $50 and allows you to hunt on many state parks. Granted, the seasons may be cut a bit short or it may be archery only, but it is hunting none the less, and you will have hell finding a day lease for $50.

The secret to a long life is to try not to shorten it.
Re: Texas hunting? [Re: Tactical Cowboy] #6111978 12/31/15 09:47 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
What the Tactical cowboy said... They can be some great hunting... Tis proud supporter of WMA... Evan a poorman can adored it... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Texas hunting? [Re: Corpsman76] #6112250 01/01/16 12:51 AM
R
Regular Guy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
It's not just the price, it's the distance/drive and time constraints. Even here, when I hunt, it's just for the morning. Too much going on for me every day to spend a full day deer hunting. If I have to drive 4 hours just to find good public land for hunting deer, it's already a no go. And i aint paying for a guide to hunt on post. I probably know the training areas and safe directions to shoot better than they do. It's about principles. At Bragg, they don't require a babysitter to hunt with a rifle...

Re: Texas hunting? [Re: Corpsman76] #6113617 01/01/16 11:00 PM
C
Corpsman76 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
Yeah it's pretty far to the nearest WMA from me. And it's $50 for the annual permit, but then you have to win drawings to hunt certain game there, correct? I am in training right now so my weeks are pretty full, but most of the time, my weekends are fairly free. Anyone know of any "pay to play" places around me that are any good? I have around 4-5 guys interested at the moment. @colt.45 I have a .50 CVA Wolf in line muzzle loader and they are pretty awesome..:)

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide