I have three rifles a Remington BDL .243 with a Simmons 3x9x44 Presidential on it, BDL 25-06 with a Leupold 3x10x50 VIII, and a CDL 4x14x50 VX-3. They are all 1” tubes of course but I do not like the Leupold fine thread eye piece adjustment.
I am having an issue mounting the gun and seeing good through the 50mm scopes, especially the CDL while the 44 mm. mounts perfectly.
I am considering retiring the Simmons and putting the 3x10x50 Leupold on the .243, then moving the 4x14x50 to the 25-06, and placing the new scope on the .270.
I have been looking at the Vortex 4X16X44, however I have heard they may have a problem at high magnification during low light conditions, what are your thoughts? I use Leupold std. bases and rings. My budget is in the $500.00 dollar range.
1. Should I just get a riser to put on the stocks, if so what kind?
2. I don’t like the fine thread eye piece adjustment, I prefer the quick adjust style.
3. Is there any major difference in light transmission between the 42-44 vs. 50mm obj. Lens?
4. Will a 30 mm tube help with light transmission?
5. Is there any reason I cannot just buy some 30 mm Leupold ring and continue to use my existing base?