Print Thread
son got is first deer #6092974 12/20/15 08:26 AM
C
chemdawg Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
My son got is first buck it was an 8point on ft Hood at 610 at night he was so excited ( i heard the shot from were I was) so i was going to wait befor i call him but it was not 15seconed he call me panting and out of breath dad i shot a big buck i asked was it legal he said ya ya the hear the gun drop he dropped his phone he was sill creating hard like he ran a marathon. it ws a tiny deer just 70lbs that it did not drop were he shot it it ran about 30 yrs in the dark and in to the trees and died he was using the soft points core locks man they did damage the insides it was just mushed up it when thou and through no blood to trail he called me back saying i missed theres no blood it sounded like he was going to cry i told him its ok you hit it and its beading in side just dont chase till me and the guid get thee we get there about 630 and are tracking i found it about 30 years at most from were he shot it laying int the trees I think i was more excited then he was and i dont get excited i have sot so many deer or its the ptsd its just like and other day with more work skinning and processing so that was our fun tonight and i am still happy he got one. we are going on a disabled Vet hunt for deer monday tusday in the hill country were i shot an 8poibt and a doe so i cam going down and till the rest of my tags i hope and then i am doing my first Pig hunt with an other organization its a father son hunt i am stocked some one said to bring my 30-30 and shoot for the soldier i thought th shoulder has a callused up plate like that is hard to shot through no i can take head shot up to 75yrs with it but i am taking my 243 and can drop the rounds in a nice tight pattern sub MAO so i have no troubled hitting the head or user neck

Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6092987 12/20/15 12:04 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
cheers Congrats to your son.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: son got is first deer [Re: stxranchman] #6093031 12/20/15 01:52 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers Congrats to your son.

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6093042 12/20/15 01:59 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Good deal. Congrats to your son. up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6093064 12/20/15 02:12 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Congrats to you and your son. Great story

Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6093088 12/20/15 02:26 PM
T
TimOub007 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Great!

Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6093348 12/20/15 06:10 PM
J
JH117 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
That's awesome man. Can't wait to get my son his first deer! With work and this warm weather it's been kind of hard.

Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6093356 12/20/15 06:24 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Awesome!!! Great experience for you both up

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6093405 12/20/15 07:09 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Originally Posted By: chemdawg
My son got is first buck it was an 8point on ft Hood at 610 at night he was so excited ( i heard the shot from were I was) so i was going to wait befor i call him but it was not 15seconed he call me panting and out of breath dad i shot a big buck i asked was it legal he said ya ya the hear the gun drop he dropped his phone he was sill creating hard like he ran a marathon. it ws a tiny deer just 70lbs that it did not drop were he shot it it ran about 30 yrs in the dark and in to the trees and died he was using the soft points core locks man they did damage the insides it was just mushed up it when thou and through no blood to trail he called me back saying i missed theres no blood it sounded like he was going to cry i told him its ok you hit it and its beading in side just dont chase till me and the guid get thee we get there about 630 and are tracking i found it about 30 years at most from were he shot it laying int the trees I think i was more excited then he was and i dont get excited i have sot so many deer or its the ptsd its just like and other day with more work skinning and processing so that was our fun tonight and i am still happy he got one. we are going on a disabled Vet hunt for deer monday tusday in the hill country were i shot an 8poibt and a doe so i cam going down and till the rest of my tags i hope and then i am doing my first Pig hunt with an other organization its a father son hunt i am stocked some one said to bring my 30-30 and shoot for the soldier i thought th shoulder has a callused up plate like that is hard to shot through no i can take head shot up to 75yrs with it but i am taking my 243 and can drop the rounds in a nice tight pattern sub MAO so i have no troubled hitting the head or user neck

Great story, period

Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6093645 12/20/15 11:01 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Awesome!

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6093978 12/21/15 02:32 AM
C
chemdawg Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
he is still up set he didn't get to keep it here thay have a 13in rule and it was just shy he as been on the phone crying to all his friends he thought for sure he was getting a fine the deer goes to the local soup kitchen so it wont get wasted I try to tell him accidents happen it was not like you did it intently i just think he got tunnel vision seeing that buck by him self for the first time he said he had to stop like 5 times to catch his breath befor he shot he was so excited he and never really been in to deer hunting befor this he would go with me but he just didn't really seam to care much my dad would take him to trurky hunting in NY My dad would call and he would shoot he said it was more exciting then that I am glad it happened and he got a warning and not a huge fine Now he will listen and not shot unless he is sure luck for him they game warden understood when he went to get his license he asked me how long he and been hunting and if he and ever gotten thing befor I told him no this was his first and hist first time i wasn't by his side telling him what to do when he seen what stand he was in he understood t was in a heavily wooded area it was after 6 and being soon close it was an honest mistake the funniest part was he as a week stomach really week when he was young every time he went to the bather and looked int the toilet he would trough up he would see the chicken poop he would loose it so when he was dressing that deer and cut it open and that fist puff of warm air hit him he started gagging my buddy who was the guid leaned over and whispered is he gaging i said yep me asked do you want me to finish i said Nope he shot it he can clean it. after a few minutes he just dug ring in and started pulling ever thing out it wanted tell we were about to get in the truck did he loose it my buddy just looked at me i laughed and got in so not only did he loses his first deer he lost every thing els. it just wasn't his day.

Re: son got is first deer [Re: chemdawg] #6093994 12/21/15 02:38 AM
J
jsplinter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Thats too bad he didn't get to keep it. The 13in rule is a tough one to call when the deer is close on whether or not to shoot. One other thing I would tell him to watch is the time. You said he shot it at 6:10, if that's the actual time he shot and not when he called you then he was also outside of legal shooting times. Little things that new hunters need to pay attention to so they don't get needless trouble

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide