Forums46
Topics537,790
Posts9,729,172
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6214709 03/08/16 09:24 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: WildernessHuntingClub
Originally Posted By: tlk
So to purchase one or two of these properties that cost in the millions, whose financials are you going to use to even remotely qualify with a lender? Do you have the financial ability to qualify by yourself? Or are you counting on securing enough members first to help pay for purchase of these ranches? The purchase numbers are insane - and frankly, if you can financially qualify to buy these ranches why in the world would you mess with forming a hunting club? This thing gets weirder with each post

tlk,

Thanks for commenting. Regarding your questions, I can qualify on my own. The reason for forming a hunting club is for the pure joy of it; while being able to offer something to others that they may not be able to do on their own. Meaning, when you leverage the membership fees together, you can provide a greater product than if you had purchased something separately on your own. That's where the initial numbers of $18,000 per membership for 180 members was outstanding. We would have had roughly 10 small acreage properties, meaning only 18 hunters per year on a property. Unfortunately, only a few individuals were expressing interest in such a format.

Let's consider the $9 mill ranch for a moment. I understand $180,000 for a membership is high, and many may not think they can afford that. What if that membership was payable in monthly payments over 10 years (no interest)? When you add the membership fee to the annual dues, it totals $234,000 over 10 years. That comes out to $1,950 per month. Additionally, you will be able to itemize the annual dues because you are a fractional owner. Is $1,950 per month (for 10 years) manageable? It is possible to decrease the annual fees to $3600 which would make the payment $1800 per month. Is that a manageable option?

At the same time, if the number of memberships was put back at 180 and the cost was $54,000 (just an example) with annual dues of $1,800..........that's only $600 per month for 10 years; is that manageable? Of course it is!

There are many options that can be expressed........it's just a matter of having everyone see the vision, possibilities, and understand the opportunity.

In your post on 12/21/2015 you made the statement there was property for sale but they wanted 32 Million!

So now you are going out and considering personally qualifying for a loan on millions upon millions of land? Maybe you can qualify but I am sorry - very very doubtful.

And you think you are going to find a bunch of members who will give you $180,000 membership fee? Sorry again but that is just rubbish. Anyone who falls for this deal is simply nuts. And you do not need to "thank me for commenting" - this deals smells bad from start to finish

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: tlk] #6214719 03/08/16 09:34 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
[quote=tlk]So to purchase one or two of these properties that cost in the millions, whose financials are you going to use to even remotely qualify with a lender? Do you have the financial ability to qualify by yourself? Or are you counting on securing enough members first to help pay for purchase of these ranches? The purchase numbers are insane - and frankly, if you can financially qualify to buy these ranches why in the world would you mess with forming a hunting club? This thing gets weirder with each post

tlk,

Thanks for commenting. Regarding your questions, I can qualify on my own. The reason for forming a hunting club is for the pure joy of it; while being able to offer something to others that they may not be able to do on their own. Meaning, when you leverage the membership fees together, you can provide a greater product than if you had purchased something separately on your own. That's where the initial numbers of $18,000 per membership for 180 members was outstanding. We would have had roughly 10 small acreage properties, meaning only 18 hunters per year on a property. Unfortunately, only a few individuals were expressing interest in such a format.

Let's consider the $9 mill ranch for a moment. I understand $180,000 for a membership is high, and many may not think they can afford that. What if that membership was payable in monthly payments over 10 years (no interest)? When you add the membership fee to the annual dues, it totals $234,000 over 10 years. That comes out to $1,950 per month. Additionally, you will be able to itemize the annual dues because you are a fractional owner. Is $1,950 per month (for 10 years) manageable? It is possible to decrease the annual fees to $3600 which would make the payment $1800 per month. Is that a manageable option?

At the same time, if the number of memberships was put back at 180 and the cost was $54,000 (just an example) with annual dues of $1,800..........that's only $600 per month for 10 years; is that manageable? Of course it is!

There are many options that can be expressed........it's just a matter of having everyone see the vision, possibilities, and understand the opportunity.

Last edited by tlk; 03/08/16 10:13 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6214757 03/08/16 09:58 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
popcorn

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6214912 03/08/16 11:28 PM
T
trapperben Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
T
Anyone ever get one of those emails in the 90s from some guy in Africa promising a bunch of money back if you would deposit X amount of dollars into his account so he could free up his real money? Striking to me how the OP writes and phrases his posts just like them; not seen that sort of thing in fifteen years or more. Of course this one could be legit.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: trapperben] #6214920 03/08/16 11:36 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: trapperben
Anyone ever get one of those emails in the 90s from some guy in Africa promising a bunch of money back if you would deposit X amount of dollars into his account so he could free up his real money? Striking to me how the OP writes and phrases his posts just like them; not seen that sort of thing in fifteen years or more. Of course this one could be legit.

no sir - your instincts are dead on - reminds me of multi level marketing schemes, emails from Africa, and many "hunting clubs" I have seen over the past 30 plus years that were never to be seen again. The only reason I am all over this thread is that I hate to see good people get screwed - I seriously doubt he will get anyone on this forum to write him a check

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6215115 03/09/16 01:38 AM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
bs
just my thoughts.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6215418 03/09/16 05:09 AM
G
GuideAndOutfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
It's unfortunate that some have completely misinterpreted everything I've shared. For one thing, all you have to do is look at the Colorado Secretary of State website; look up my business name, and there is everything about me.

Every bit of information I've provided was to assist you with your concerns, questions, & comments so that you would be properly informed and could thoroughly perform your due diligence. If you don't understand business, that's okay; but don't post negative comments about the idea because you "think" it's not legit, or because someone has screwed you over in the past. If anything, all of the Q&A should have provided you with more understanding of this industry; regardless of your decision to participate or not.

I've presented the Wilderness Hunting Club in good faith on this forum; both promoting it and seeking your insight. You have shared your concerns, and I appreciate every comment; good, bad, or otherwise.

As some have shared, we'll see if this develops into something special or if it's just a good idea that goes nowhere.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6215485 03/09/16 12:17 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
It's unfortunate that some have completely misinterpreted everything I've shared. For one thing, all you have to do is look at the Colorado Secretary of State website; look up my business name, and there is everything about me.

Every bit of information I've provided was to assist you with your concerns, questions, & comments so that you would be properly informed and could thoroughly perform your due diligence. If you don't understand business, that's okay; but don't post negative comments about the idea because you "think" it's not legit, or because someone has screwed you over in the past. If anything, all of the Q&A should have provided you with more understanding of this industry; regardless of your decision to participate or not.

I've presented the Wilderness Hunting Club in good faith on this forum; both promoting it and seeking your insight. You have shared your concerns, and I appreciate every comment; good, bad, or otherwise.

As some have shared, we'll see if this develops into something special or if it's just a good idea that goes nowhere.

The "due diligence" you speak of is for everyone on this forum to believe your promises on how this operation will function. If you go back and review the entire thread one will see that you have already fluctuated on the structure, cost, etc. Maybe you are legitimate and maybe not.

If one thinks rationally about what you are offering, they cannot help but wonder why someone who claims they can qualify for a 9 million dollar loan would not just buy their own ranch? The answer that you just want to share the outdoors with others simply makes no rational sense. If that is the case then buy the property and invite friends and family out without asking for outrageous membership investment and fees.

Truth is you are asking people on a public forum to take you at your word and trust you to handle their money/investment on an entirely speculative project.

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6215668 03/09/16 02:30 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: stxranchman] #6215705 03/09/16 02:52 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Mr. Tekoa Shalom
Grand Junction and Granby Colorado

How about this due diligence?

1. Provide your employment history for the past ten years.
2. Have you ever filed for bankruptcy?
3. What is your net worth?
4. What is your annual income?
5. Have you ever been arrested or have a criminal record of any kind?
6. On your previous failed business/hunting club attempt was every member completely and totally refunded their money?

Before I or anyone else would commit to give you $180,000 buy in fee I would want to not only know all of the above information but I would want a full financial statement from your CPA. I would also want copies of all legal documents for this investment for review by my attorney.

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6215851 03/09/16 04:16 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
You aren't the type of guy(s) he's looking for.

A fool and his money....

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: Rustler] #6215909 03/09/16 04:42 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Rustler
You aren't the type of guy(s) he's looking for.

A fool and his money....

True - but I hate seeing other people being taken for their money. I have seen so many vague promises like this over the years only to see people burned. I have done financial planning for 37 years and have seen many people losing money on stuff like this.

Even someone who should know better will not go for this deal - finding even fools to write checks for $180 grand is a tough sell

Last edited by tlk; 03/09/16 04:44 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6216003 03/09/16 05:19 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
"Thanks for commenting. Regarding your questions, I can qualify on my own. The reason for forming a hunting club is for the pure joy of it; while being able to offer something to others that they may not be able to do on their own"

Let me state my feeling again... bs....If you can qualify for a 33 million dollar property, you would not be doing this just to help out your fellow hunters.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6216125 03/09/16 06:14 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
As soon as my new Nigerian Prince buddy gets his money & pays me back, I'm in!

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6216250 03/09/16 07:26 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
That Nigerian Prince owes you too! Hmmmmm, maybe I should have checked it out a little more before I sent him my money.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: tlk] #6216519 03/09/16 10:01 PM
G
GuideAndOutfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
Mr. Tekoa Shalom

6. On your previous failed business/hunting club attempt was every member completely and totally refunded their money?

Before I or anyone else would commit to give you $180,000 buy in fee I would want to not only know all of the above information but I would want a full financial statement from your CPA. I would also want copies of all legal documents for this investment for review by my attorney.

tlk,

I hope you express this amount of due diligence with all of your interests.

I work for the State of Colorado. Services were rendered with the other club before I got sick; it was not a fractional ownership venture, it was a traditional club and each member had the opportunity to harvest animals. The other questions do not dignify an answer in a forum setting; for obvious security reasons.

At this point there's no longer any reason for me to continue to post on this topic.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6216554 03/09/16 10:19 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Mr. Tekoa Shalom

tlk,

I hope you express this amount of due diligence with all of your interests.

I work for the State of Colorado. Services were rendered with the other club before I got sick; it was not a fractional ownership venture, it was a traditional club and each member had the opportunity to harvest animals. The other questions do not dignify an answer in a forum setting; for obvious security reasons.

"At this point there's no longer any reason for me to continue to post on this topic."
"

We finally agree on something. And yes, I do a tremendous amount of due diligence before I make any financial decisions.

Last edited by tlk; 03/09/16 10:22 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6216576 03/09/16 10:28 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide